A few nice quotes from the REDaction news letter!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

A few nice quotes from the REDaction news letter!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Just goes to show what we can really do! Wish the rest of teh stadium can always be like that!!!!

"The atmosphere yesterday was something special. You made us do what
we did. The best i have experienced since we play at the emirates!" -
Cesc Fabregas.

"good victory yesterday but the fans were absolutly amazing i loved
it" - Samir Nasri

"Thanks for creating an unbelivable atmosphere at Emirates." - Wojciech Szczesny

"Just want to congratulate the amazing fans tonight! Best iv seen by
far" - Jack Wilshere

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Its probably pie in the sky to ever expect it to be like that for every game, but somewhere inbetween that and the usual funeral atmosphere would be ideal..

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

just imagine how good it would have been if our home fans knew "Good old Arsenal" or "We're the North Bank Highbury"

:barscarf:

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

I would expect with a win against Orient, the place next week should still be buzzing. Will be nice to welcome back ol Shawtoss and Pulis.

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:just imagine how good it would have been if our home fans knew "Good old Arsenal" or "We're the North Bank Highbury"

We try to get good old Arsenal but it just wont spread mate. The rest of the ground only knows limited chants.

Same as many other chants and old time songs. They never catch on at all.

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

For gto RvP thanked the crowd straight after the game also.

the problem is as much the clubs fault for supressing atmosphere when ther eare small amounts of fans trying to get it going.

on a match like barca the stewards would probably just get lynched.

Rocky Number Seven
Location: North Bank, Turnstile D, Block 7, Row 8, Seat 225 / Essex

Post by Rocky Number Seven »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:just imagine how good it would have been if our home fans knew "Good old Arsenal" or "We're the North Bank Highbury"

We try to get good old Arsenal but it just wont spread mate. The rest of the ground only knows limited chants.

Same as many other chants and old time songs. They never catch on at all.
I'd say I sing this a few times every game but guess it does just travel over from Block 6.

The North Bank/Clock End chants def need to get going again, trouble is a lot of the old clock enders are now in the new north bank.

lagerisgood1981

Post by lagerisgood1981 »

It was an amazing atmosphere .. It will never be like that every week, which is perhaps why it was so special!!

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Problem with the C/E and N/B chants is that part of the clockend is the FE.
Not saying it's an problem but trying to get them to 'respond' as opposed to singing in general is difficult.

Also the rest of the C/E is non-season ticket holders. (I think?)
Before anyone says or mentions JCL its more the fact the C/E might be filled with non-singing fans and singing fans dotted around.

Doesn't help with the old C/E regulars wanting to join in......whilst there sitting in the N/B. :roll:

Reg made a point a while back that your end was who you were not where you were which I'd never heard before.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

I go in the Family Enclosure quite regulalrly and it is actually not bad at all for atmosphere - due to the proximity of the away fans

But what is definately needed is a Clock End "singing section" to enhance the singing.at that end of the ground.

Would the club be willing to look at implementing this, particulalry now the ends have got their names back and clockenders may possibly like to re allocate ?

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

as on old Clockender now sitting in the North Bank
I dont understand why the chant has not been changed

why not
" we are the North Bank from the Grove "
and the same for the Clock End

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

12thGooner wrote:For gto RvP thanked the crowd straight after the game also.
the problem is as much the clubs fault for supressing atmosphere when ther eare small amounts of fans trying to get it going.

on a match like barca the stewards would probably just get lynched.
I must admit, I was impressed with RVP after he scored, he raised(pumped?) his arms up towards the crowd to get them going. He was also the last player to leave the pitch after the game, clapping and waving at all the spectators and even doing a bow at the crowd.

As much as I like AA, I was very disappointed that as soon as the final whistle went, they showed him running down the tunnel, with no acknowledgement to the crowd at all. We had just won an epic game against all odds and he scored the winner, you would think he could at least celebrate a bit on the pitch before leaving. :banghead:

Back to RVP though, he did mention in his interview right after the game at how great the crowd was, you could actually tell from his words how much it meant to him and I think the other players too.

8)

ArsenalSooner

Post by ArsenalSooner »

It always seems to me that the two biggest "gooners" on the team are van persie and rosicky. not saying the other lads aren't, but those two always look as if they could just as well be in the stands and enjoying it the same. Love watching their reactions to big goals.

I also have to mention sol. Not at the club now of course but remember last year at stoke? He was mental!