WENGER OUT

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

After today, he HAS to go. Just fuck off.

If we can't beat Birmingham in the League Cup, how on earth can we beat the likes of Barcelona and Man Utd in other competitions?

It's been debated before, but for Wenger, his time is literally up. Bye bye, you utter *word censored*.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Irish Gooner wrote:
Arsenal 1991 wrote:
Irish Gooner wrote:Seriously though, he should go in May if we dont win anything.
and if he doesn't sell the crap and sign the players we all know we need, then I agree. :cry:
Dont fall into that transfer cycle. He wont, he never does and he never has.

Its bullshit imo.

Fact is, May no trophy, should be Wenger gone.
But how do you explain the transfer activity from 1998-2005? Was he forced to do that? And if so why did they stop forcing him? And if so and hewas asopposed to it as you seem to suggest, why didn't he quite them when he was the peak of his desirability as a manager?

The point is that we can't fall into the cycle of anew manager will autmatically be gibven the money needed to make the changes needed and hold onto the players we have to hold onto now.

Its just like the old line about buying for buying's sack what good is it if in the end this is just a sacking for sacking's sake? What does it accomplish to replace him with a man who at best keeps us third or fourth year after year let alone moves us backward from where we are, and those are the only realistic scenarios so long as the financial policies in place now remain in place.

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

I want a trophy by the end of the season. I would have been happy with the Carling Cup ( never thought i'd hear myself saying that 5 years ago), but he has fucked that up.

Honestly i think we will get ruined by Barca and United so will leave us with the Premiership, which, if im being honest I dont think we will come close to.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Im really hoping hes gonna change or his players will finally grow a pair. :oops: :cry:

Bring Back Pires

Connolly55 wrote:I want a trophy by the end of the season. I would have been happy with the Carling Cup ( never thought i'd hear myself saying that 5 years ago), but he has fucked that up.

Honestly i think we will get ruined by Barca and United so will leave us with the Premiership, which, if im being honest I dont think we will come close to.
In the pre-season, I really wanted Wenger to leave. Enough is enough. However, we made a decent start, and I was happy to give him another season.

But today is the final straw. If we can't win the League Cup against Birmingham, then we've absolutely no chance against Man Utd, Barcelona and the rest in the other competitions.

Even if we miraculously beat Man Utd at OT in the FA Cup QF, and end up in an FA Cup final against the likes of Stoke... what's the point? Based on today's evidence, we'll get turned over anyway.

Waste of time.

Wenger is a complete :awnker:

basilbrush14

Post by basilbrush14 »

Taxi for Arsene...........thanks but au voir.

The experiment has failed...........You cant loose the CC then expect to win the PL/CL.

Time is up.

goonerdi

Post by goonerdi »

So, if Wenger goes, who do we get instead?

It's all very well, blaming all and sundry, but there's no point getting rid of anyone unless there is someone to replace them.

We lost today, let's take it on the chin and get ready for Wednesday.

Bring Back Pires

goonerdi wrote:So, if Wenger goes, who do we get instead?
Ah, that old chestnut.

Basically, anybody who might get us at least a draw against Birmingham City.

goonerdi

Post by goonerdi »

And that would be?

goonerdi

Post by goonerdi »

And that would be?

Bring Back Pires

goonerdi wrote:And that would be?
You're right. I can't think of a single manager in world football who could muster a draw against the mighty Birmingham City.

Arsene, you've a job for life.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

O'Leary would be available

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Did he say judge him in May?

May can't come too soon.

Same old Arsenal always bottling .

And that hurts i

Bring Back Pires

storrmin571 wrote:Did he say judge him in May?
I think he's said that for the last four years. Yet, nothing happens in May and he carries on oblivious.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Irish Gooner wrote:O'Leary would be available
And he has won what as a manager?

And do you think the Board will back his demands for money 100%? After this was Ridsdale's man at Leeds When Leeds went boke, and reportedly he got sacked for challenging Doug Ellis over money at Villa(oddly enough right before Eliis cashed in and made big money selling out)