Arsenal v Sunderland alcohol thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
safcftm

Arsenal v Sunderland alcohol thread!

Post by safcftm »

Reet, lets not worry too much about the match- it's a trip down to London, and a 3pm kickoff on a Saturday, and we have sold out our allocation. All this means its going to be very loud in the concourse (some of our fans are dull as fuck and want to sit at the match so the atmosphere isnt always great in the stands, but we'll do what we can), and it means there is going to be a copious amount of drink to be drank.

Like a bi-sexual I can go either way as I have my away end ticket and my red membership card, so can go to home only pubs, away only pubs and pubs that let both sets of fans in. So, where's good, where's shite, and where do the dancing girls of North London get their fannies out?

These are the questions which must be answered in the real AFC V SAFC thread, fuck the football, lets get pissed!

MegaGooner

Re: Arsenal v Sunderland alcohol thread!

Post by MegaGooner »

safcftm wrote:Reet, lets not worry too much about the match- it's a trip down to London, and a 3pm kickoff on a Saturday, and we have sold out our allocation. All this means its going to be very loud in the concourse (some of our fans are dull as fuck and want to sit at the match so the atmosphere isnt always great in the stands, but we'll do what we can), and it means there is going to be a copious amount of drink to be drank.

Like a bi-sexual I can go either way as I have my away end ticket and my red membership card, so can go to home only pubs, away only pubs and pubs that let both sets of fans in. So, where's good, where's shite, and where do the dancing girls of North London get their fannies out?

These are the questions which must be answered in the real AFC V SAFC thread, fuck the football, lets get pissed!
PM KingJayson....he's the master of batting both sides of the wicket. 8) :wink:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

MegaGooner wrote:
PM KingJayson....he's the master of batting both sides of the wicket. 8) :wink:
:lol: indeed. I wouldnt trust his strip bar recommendations though! Should get out about noon on the day of the game (but will be having me first cheeky drink at about 7 while I'm waiting for me plane). Then there is the 2 hour nuisance where people boot a ball about, then its back out for the majority of the night. I'm hoping to find somewhere that will let us in that isnt a gay bar though, because that was all we could find last time when we ended up in Soho (everywhere else said that 3 blokes together werent welcome, but the gay bar welcomed us with open arms :lol: ).

Oh, and theres a bar near to Big Ben which i need to visit again as we were pissed and they had dodgems, which are immense after a few pints. But that Piccadilly Circus place will not be visited again- got off there specially because I wanted to see a lion and the first person I asked laughed at me and said there wasnt a circus there. Dont know what she was laughing at, I'm not the daft prick who named a place after a circus and didnt even have a lion in attendance

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

Try Browns in Shoreditch - they have some fantastic looking ladies:D :D :D

There are also a couple of moody other bars nearby (Sportsbar??) which have not so nice looking ladies.

Just stock up with the pound coins!!!

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

cardinal2011 wrote:Try Browns in Shoreditch - they have some fantastic looking ladies:D :D :D

There are also a couple of moody other bars nearby (Sportsbar??) which have not so nice looking ladies.

Just stock up with the pound coins!!!

Browns sounds like it would be a shout like, might have to give that a go! Watch a few birds dancing about, get a couple private dances, ask them if they do extras, get turfed out and find a pub, sounds like a pretty mint start to the afternoon.

You can tell I'm a bit excited about the impending trip to the capital :lol:
For most of our lot Arsenal away is one of the biggest parties (hence always selling out the allocation and having loads looking for tickets)- we always lose so dont bother to worry about the football too much, we just go to have a laugh and get pissed

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

cardinal2011 wrote:Try Browns in Shoreditch - they have some fantastic looking ladies:D :D :D
Browns is good fun but is well rough so dont go in there expecting anything classy :shock:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

flash gunner wrote:
Browns is good fun but is well rough so dont go in there expecting anything classy :shock:
Yes, because I'm normally such a classy bloke :wink:
the rougher and seedier the better for me like :sunshine_happy:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

safcftm wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Browns is perfect for you then mate :D have plenty of change to put into the pint pot

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

flash gunner wrote:
safcftm wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Browns is perfect for you then mate :D have plenty of change to put into the pint pot
Oh I will do- you'd shudder if you knew how much I spent on whores during the Amsterdam Tournament when they were daft enough to invite us, love a bit of it me :wink:

norfbankN16

Post by norfbankN16 »

flash gunner wrote:
so is the sports bar. last time i was in there some bird sraddked me in her bikini clasping a half chewed polystyrene cup to put my money in
she was fit though but then i was wearing the beer gogles lol

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

safcftm wrote:Oh, and theres a bar near to Big Ben which i need to visit again as we were pissed and they had dodgems
Sounds like Namco over by the Aquarium. Drunken dodgems is hard to top.

But on the seedier side of things, I can highly or is that lowly recommend, the Flying Scotsman in Kings Cross, Caledonian Road. Birds as rough as a bears arse and sawdust on the floor to mop up "spillages". 8)

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Number 5 wrote:
safcftm wrote:Oh, and theres a bar near to Big Ben which i need to visit again as we were pissed and they had dodgems
Sounds like Namco over by the Aquarium. Drunken dodgems is hard to top.

But on the seedier side of things, I can highly or is that lowly recommend, the Flying Scotsman in Kings Cross, Caledonian Road. Birds as rough as a bears arse and sawdust on the floor to mop up "spillages". 8)
Yeah, thats a very common haunt for our fans before london matches, not a bad place but i fancy a bit of a change this time- people say Upper Street (wherever that is) is a class street for bars, and Holloway Road if we want Arsenal pubs, so anything around that area pre match sounds good- after the game we can broaden our radius a bit though, since we're flying out to Barcelona on the sunday it means we can pretty much have a full night out as opposed to the other london trips this year when ive had to get a train home

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Hornsey Road Sauna, it's a favourite of ****'s i hear!

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Dan_85 wrote:Hornsey Road Sauna, it's a favourite of ****'s i hear!
:lol: mint, i'll bear it in mind, did a quick google and it looks classy! If me mate decides to be dull and says he wants to go to an Arsenal pub, what would the recommendation be? I hear the gunners mentioned a fair bit, is that the best one to go for or is there a more undiscovered gem nearby?

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Do not fear, King Gayson is here! :barscarf:

There is only one place for you and that is Heavens.

http://www.heavennightclub-london.com/