season ticket price increase

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
projoe

season ticket price increase

Post by projoe »

just read on twitter that arsenal will announce this week that season ticket prices will rise by 6% for next season. what a joke, we already pay the highest prices in the country to watch shit like denilson, bendtner etc. :banghead: :roll: :banghead:

the club is becoming a joke!

n6gooner

Post by n6gooner »

season ticket waiting list and continuing no. of sell-outs, ultimately, mean they can do what they like. only when top games go to red members and second-tier games go on general sale will the board show appreciation for the paying public

it's a part of our lives but to the board........a business, pure and simple. sadly, for too many of our current squad........a very well paid job

REB

Post by REB »

this is sad, the club will now see just how many of the 1000s on the season ticket list will want to have one when a few thousand wont/cant renew.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

anyone rich and stupid enough to renew is a mug. our club is being run by *word censored*. something needs to be done its a fucking shambles these *word censored* aren't being pressured. :banghead:

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:anyone rich and stupid enough to renew is a mug.
This.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Sadly plenty of our fans are mugs, not a dig at anyone on here but we all know what I mean.

I wouldnt even classify them as fans.

Anyway Twitter is a platform for wankers who know fuck all.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

There were quite a lot of people not renewing last season and that many people on the waiting list turned down the chance to buy one that they went on offer to people who were around 12,000th on the waiting list (if the people who posted on this forum last summer were honest).

This year, the number of people not renewing will increase, no doubt about it. So that waiting list will be tested to the limit as they are going to run out of people quicker than they think. If the ST's do go up by another 6%, then that's an 11% rise in one year (with VAT) that's disgusting. I have had two pay rises in 7 years in my job (but would still class myself as lucky to earn what I do), for a lot of people I think this will tip the balance.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

i wonder how many ill move up the list this year then!

id take it for sure, means i wouldnt be able to afford an engagement ring tho :lol: :barscarf:

tel

Post by tel »

This silver member is around 13000 on the list and I won't take one if offered.

REB

Post by REB »

Irish Gooner wrote:Sadly plenty of our fans are mugs, not a dig at anyone on here but we all know what I mean.

wasnt it a tweet from arsenal and not just someone random who said about the increase :?:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

REBEL GOONER wrote:
Irish Gooner wrote:Sadly plenty of our fans are mugs, not a dig at anyone on here but we all know what I mean.

wasnt it a tweet from arsenal and not just someone random who said about the increase :?:
Doesnt look like the official, just checked.

Probably some saddo on twitter.

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

Can't find a link but am sure there is just going to be an increase because of the tax thing which the club cant do anything about. They do have a bloody cheek if this turns out to be true

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Wasn't there some kind of announcement a little while ago that

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

How else are we going to pay for all the top class signings we're gonna make without increasing season ticket prices? :roll:

:wink:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

This Is The Daybreak wrote:Can't find a link but am sure there is just going to be an increase because of the tax thing which the club cant do anything about. They do have a bloody cheek if this turns out to be true
They already increased with VAT in January so already 1 price hike.

They dont need to put it onto the fans, thats just a lie peddled from the rosetinters.

THE FACT IS, ONLY 4 OF THE PL CLUBS PASSED ON THE VAT RATE IN JANUARY, AND WE OF COURSE WE'RE ONE.

THE OTHER CLUBS RESPECT THEIR FANS, WE ARE TREATED LIKE DIRT.