On this day in 2002...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

On this day in 2002...

Post by Dan_85 »

:( How things change...

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

WILTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Francis Jeffers :lol:

Still tickles me now

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

I'll never forget the feeling of invincibility the moment I saw the aways unfurl the "Old Trafford Champions Section" banner. I don't think I worried once the whole night how it turn out.. I felt almost seren at half-time and it was still 0-0. Wiltord just made it that much better.

That and the "satellite problems" - the UEFA Cup Final was set to start right after our match ended and I was so devastated they were going skip the celebration, but as I say suddenyly they announced satellite issues and we over here got to share the post-match celebrations which were awesome. Fuck You mancs - we remmber what really happened on this day - at your place, you *word censored*.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

BournemouthRED wrote:Francis Jeffers :lol:

Still tickles me now
I thought it was class of them to wake the wee lad up so he could take part in the celebration actually :lol: Very Arsenal, that, don't you know

cardinal2011

Re: On this day in 2002...

Post by cardinal2011 »

Dan_85 wrote:Image

I feel fucking depressed right now :cry:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

In between Parlour and Seaman...........................Igor Stephanovs :oops:

AFC1886

Post by AFC1886 »

Nice top that though!! :D

Post by 1989 »

Stepanovs in the back row :lol: Contributed about as much to that title win as I did...

SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

Fantastic picture and fantastic memories.

Jeffers, Stepanovs etc . Just shows that a team can win trophies without every player being a superstar, provided that the majority have got the heart and the passion.

However, with Denilson, Bender, Rosicky, Schillaci, Kos, Diaby, Almiunia etc in the squad the rest would need balls the size pumpkins.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

How depressing. Look at that line up. Men, winners, fighters. Compare and contrast to the current crop of losers.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I can't look back on my old dvd's of seasons like that because it's just too depressing to see how brilliant we were then compared to what we have become.

When men used to wear the shirt :cry:

Post by 1989 »

We had a proper badge too. :cry:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

We were once feared.

augie

Post by augie »

SpanishJoe wrote:Fantastic picture and fantastic memories.

Jeffers, Stepanovs etc . Just shows that a team can win trophies without every player being a superstar, provided that the majority have got the heart and the passion.
ThomasMitchell wrote:
How depressing. Look at that line up. Men, winners, fighters. Compare and contrast to the current crop of losers.[/quote]
Perryashburtongroves wrote:We were once feared.

I think that the 3 comments I listed above are probably the one's that are the one's that hit this on the head the most :( Some fans, me included, cant help but look back and compare with the players and teams of that era but for those of us old enough to remember back before that to when we were winning fcuk all we do so while admitting that those players, no matter how shit some were, always gave their all for the club and the one thing that wasnt going to defeat them was a lack of heart and commitment :cry: :cry: :cry: