No Defence

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
1962er

No Defence

Post by 1962er »

How much longer do we have to put up with defenders who cannot defend? I have been staggered by the number of people who have thought that Djourou is the answer to our centre half problems, when it is patently obvious that he is a very poor defender who just cannot cope when up against a tall, powerful centre forward. Furthermore, his concentration is non-existent, just look at the Stoke game; his positioning is appalling, and he ball watches the whole time, and has no idea of what is happening around him.

Gibbs is now even worse than Clichy, what on earth happened to him?

We now need a centre half, left back, holding mid-fielder to replace Song, who is way below top class, and a goal scoring forward, if we are to win the Premiership. Should we fail to address at least two of these problems, we will not even qualify for the Champions League next season.

If Wenger fails to address these problems in the summer, he, unfortunately no longer deserves to remain manager.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Our defence is shit?

Fuck me! That's what I've never noticed. :barscarf:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Re: No Defence

Post by franksav63 »

1962er wrote:How much longer do we have to put up with defenders who cannot defend? I have been staggered by the number of people who have thought that Djourou is the answer to our centre half problems, when it is patently obvious that he is a very poor defender who just cannot cope when up against a tall, powerful centre forward. Furthermore, his concentration is non-existent, just look at the Stoke game; his positioning is appalling, and he ball watches the whole time, and has no idea of what is happening around him.

Gibbs is now even worse than Clichy, what on earth happened to him?

We now need a centre half, left back, holding mid-fielder to replace Song, who is way below top class, and a goal scoring forward, if we are to win the Premiership. Should we fail to address at least two of these problems, we will not even qualify for the Champions League next season.

If Wenger fails to address these problems in the summer, he, unfortunately no longer deserves to remain manager.
Got to agree, but disagree about Wenger, he should have gone at the last contract renewal imo.

ThomasMitchell

Re: No Defence

Post by ThomasMitchell »

1962er wrote:How much longer do we have to put up with defenders who cannot defend?
Until Wenger goes.

LeoGooner

Post by LeoGooner »

One centre half is not enough

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

is the answer...WHITSTABLE?

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Are you felling better since last I saw you Gnuey?

Herd

Find another Hobby

Post by Herd »

About 30 years under the new regime ! I'm actually thinking of taking Golf up !