Schwarzer

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AFC1886

Schwarzer

Post by AFC1886 »

Having seen Liverpool's 1st and 3rd goal tonight is there anyone out who still thinks he would have been good enough for us this season??

I missed the 2nd goal so dont know if he's at fault for that aswell.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

This is how low we've come.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

There isnt a keeper in the world that hasnt fucked up at some point this season, so its a bit silly to base your judgement on one game. All that said Arsenal Football Club should be aiming higher than Schwarzer

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Given :barscarf: :barscarf:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Chesney....!

IF we're going to spend money then goalkeeper is now quite a way down the list.....

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

The first five months of the season the goalkeeping duties were shared by two clowns :oops:

Szczesny is number 1 .We need an experienced number 2.I never want to see the clowns play in goal for us again.Lehmann is better than them two

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

flash gunner wrote:There isnt a keeper in the world that hasnt fucked up at some point this season, so its a bit silly to base your judgement on one game. All that said Arsenal Football Club should be aiming higher than Schwarzer
This

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Wenger's answer to our failures for next season................

Schwarzer and Upson, you heard it here first!!

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Just saw the highlights - terrible!

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

MK Gould wrote:Chesney....!

IF we're going to spend money then goalkeeper is now quite a way down the list.....
Chesney is not the answer, he has been average at best, to be fair the defence in front of him is shit but he doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me.
Its down to Turnip that he is first choice, i mean at what other club would a nineteen year old who should be maturing in the reserves learning his trade look at the two total plonkers ahead of him and think that he deserves the no1 spot or he would be justified in kicking up a stink and leaving.
he is at best a second choice keeper for at least the next two or three years, he should be content to wait behind a top quality keeper for his chance.
Mind you what the fuck do i know

TURNIP KNOWS.............. :D

augie

Post by augie »

donaldo wrote:The first five months of the season the goalkeeping duties were shared by two clowns :oops:

Szczesny is number 1 .We need an experienced number 2.I never want to see the clowns play in goal for us again.Lehmann is better than them two

Have to say mate that I have now changed my view and would prefer if we went for an experienced quality keeper as number 1 with chesney as number 2 next season. Too many mistakes from our young keeper in recent weeks has told me that he aint ready yet

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

augie wrote:
donaldo wrote:The first five months of the season the goalkeeping duties were shared by two clowns :oops:

Have to say mate that I have now changed my view and would prefer if we went for an experienced quality keeper as number 1 with chesney as number 2 next season. Too many mistakes from our young keeper in recent weeks has told me that he aint ready yet
This.

Stekelenburg with Szcz as no.2 please. Although i'm fully expecting to see Almunia back between the sticks come the first day of the season :(

augie

Post by augie »

Dan_85 wrote:
augie wrote:

This.

Stekelenburg with Szcz as no.2 please. Although i'm fully expecting to see Almunia back between the sticks come the first day of the season :(

I would go for buffon if his contract is up this summer or if he is reasonably cheap - it would be a quality signing but also a short term one that will tell chesney that he is pencilled in as our future number 1

Gunner4LiF3

Post by Gunner4LiF3 »

We are not going to be challenging for the league next season anyway, so leave Szczesny in goal.

Buy defensively minded players and the keeper will automatically be made to look even better. From what Ive seen I think he is good enough.
He also has good people around him (his dad was a keeper too) and he will get better if given a chance.

Stick with him, I seriously think we have so many other areas in which we are lacking that getting a keeper now is a waste of resources.

I mean if we got a keeper last year then fair play, but now?

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

Buffon? Coupet? Experienced and can teach Ches!