Europa League Final

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RoscommonGooner

Europa League Final

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Hopefully "The Arsenalists" can win tonight, even if they did beat us earlier in the year. Nice little town with a truely unique stadium. I'm sure it'd be lovely for them to get one over on their city neighbours. Anyway good luck Braga.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I feel bad for singing that "Small Club in Porto" chant now :oops:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Would like The Arsenalistas to win; nice kit, nice town, sweet stadium, decent fans. Don't really see it though, I think it'll be quite a comprehensive win for Porto, that Falcao is a bit of a player eh?

Also, am i risking the wrath of our Irish contingent by suggesting that Aviva Stadium is one ugly ground?

REB

Post by REB »

Dan_85 wrote:Would like The Arsenalistas to win; nice kit, nice town, sweet stadium, decent fans. Don't really see it though, I think it'll be quite a comprehensive win for Porto, that Falcao is a bit of a player eh?

Also, am i risking the wrath of our Irish contingent by suggesting that Aviva Stadium is one ugly ground?

3 sides are the exact same as the emirates. its only behind one goal thats its different due to not having planning premission because of the house,s that are behind the ground on that side.

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Dan_85 wrote:Would like The Arsenalistas to win; nice kit, nice town, sweet stadium, decent fans. Don't really see it though, I think it'll be quite a comprehensive win for Porto, that Falcao is a bit of a player eh?

Agree regarding the game and Braga. I've gotta say the jury is still out for me about the re-developed Lansdowne Rd. I've not been there yet so can't comment on what it's like but the end I assume you're talking about with the galss at the back was designed so that natural light can reach the houses behind it. In my opinion it's not particurally pretty on the eye but you gotta admire the logic behind its design.

Re: Europa League Final

Post by 1886 »

RoscommonGooner wrote:Hopefully "The Arsenalists" can win tonight, even if they did beat us earlier in the year. Nice little town with a truely unique stadium. I'm sure it'd be lovely for them to get one over on their city neighbours. Anyway good luck Braga.

Would be nice to see Braga win tonight, should be on one of the freeview channels as well :-P
Last edited by 1886 on Wed May 18, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OnlyGotOneSong

Re: Europa League Final

Post by OnlyGotOneSong »

1886 wrote:
RoscommonGooner wrote:Hopefully "The Arsenalists" can win tonight, even if they did beat us earlier in the year. Nice little town with a truely unique stadium. I'm sure it'd be lovely for them to get one over on their city neighbours. Anyway good luck Braga.

Would be nice to see Benfica win tonight, should be on one of the freeview channels as well :-P
*Braga

Post by 1886 »

:oops: :oops: No idea why I wrote that, brain switched off :lol:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

team who wears red with white sleeves vs team that wears blue.

easy pick 8)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

The Arsenalistas will win more than The Arsenal this season :oops: :banghead:

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

Braga versus Porto.

We beat Braga 6-0 earlier this season.
We beat Porto 5-0 last season.

However one of them is going to win a trophy tonight and we're about to finish fourth in the league. :banghead:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Hope Braga win, but they'll no doubt try and make the game as dull as fuck and play for penalties whereas Porto will attack, so I might get sick of them by the end of the match

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

It's on Channel 5,so you will have to listen to woman slapper,and Dogger,Stan Colleymore droning on,and on,and on,and on,and on!!!

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:The Arsenalistas will win more than The Arsenal this season :oops: :banghead:
Or maybe they will pass the ball sideways for ninety minutes,show great mental strength and potential,then fold and lose 3-0!!!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Rugby Gooner wrote: Or maybe they will pass the ball sideways for ninety minutes,show great mental strength and potential,then fold and lose 3-0!!!
Just how I like my football.

Arsene Knows :barscarf:

AFC1886

Post by AFC1886 »

Really boring game so far..