Set Pieces

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AFC1886

Set Pieces

Post by AFC1886 »

Just done article on SSN about set pieces and we conceded 23 goals from set pieces this season thats half of our goals conceded.

I knew we were shit at defending set pieces but thats a joke!!

Oh well i guess this means we'll porbably now do extra training on 3 yard passing. :banghead:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

The annoying thing is that in the first couple of months i thought we were dealing with them really effectively.

I guess Arsene works on stuff like that over the summer and then thinks "job done" come the new season. The players need to be drilled and drilled and drilled and drilled and drilled on stuff like this over the whole year.

Or maybe its just a symptom of our mentally weak fairies that they just lose all concentration after they lose a game or two in feburary.

Oh heck, its probably both.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What the fuck are set pieces???!!!! :shock: :? :shock:

Sorry, just had a "Wenger moment" there... :oops:

:wink:

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

I heard that stat last week, even my mate also mentioned it and it is inexcusable but it got me wondering at the other end of the scale how few we actually score from set pieces into the bargain cos I'm sure that wouldn't make for impressive reading either!

Pistols

Post by Pistols »

They showed the stats at the end of the season. 54% of the goals Arsenal conceeded were from set pieces- the HIGHEST IN THE WHOLE DIVISION.

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

54%???? disgusting. Everytime wenger sorts out our set piece issues, it returns again and again.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER wrote:54%???? disgusting. Everytime wenger sorts out our set piece issues, it returns again and again.
that would suggest he doesnt EVER sort it out

MEDINABOY

Post by MEDINABOY »

keep saying it but ,ITS THE FUCKING COACHING.too much reliance on attacking to the detriment of goals conceded.ches is too young to command his area with any authority and sagna and clichy are midfielders(who don't understand the offside trap).therefore you need a first class coach,adams is making a mint in some excommy shit hole so its down to keown its so fucking obvious. :twisted: