Would you want Barton at Arsenal?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Would you want Barton at Arsenal?

Definitely: he'll bring some steel and fighting spirit in the team and he's a talented player
38%
Absolutely not!! He's a psychopath and he's got too much baggage
52%
Not sure
10%

Total votes: 50

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

19 posts........... creating polls............................ get out!!!!

:wink:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

:lol: :lol:

Yes, anagram of Santa is Satan... :? :? :lol:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

I don't want him, not because he is a nutter or a vile human being, just isn't a player i want to see in an Arsenal shirt
Last edited by Rosie_titters on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

100% yes...........as a squad player
to be honest i would be quite happy to sign him as long as i never had to look at the physco little fuckstick in an Arsenal shirt. Just the thought of our pampered little pussies having to train with the likes of Barton would be enough for me, can you imagine the scene of the first tackle between Denilshit and Barton, the handbags coming out followed by the scent of burning Brazilian as Joey puts his cigar out in "pele's" eye.
Carlsberg don't do nutters but if they did..............

DUFFMAN

Post by DUFFMAN »

2 threads on joey fucking barton.. How fucking embarrassing

If you wanna gauge opinion then read the other fucking thread and work out the answer yourself

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

The truth is we wouldnt be talking about Barton if we didnt have usless c**ts like Song Diaby and Denilson in our midfield.Barton pisses over all of them in talent and passion

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

No.
He is a liability off the pitch.

If we are going to spend £7-£10M on a hardworking experienced English midfielder who will add leadership, grit and a few goals then buy Scott Parker.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Barton is a loose cannon. He can't be trusted. He might be better than Diaby, Denilson etc. but it's not worth the gamble. We need to get in a DCM with passion and bite, but not Barton.

(I'd love to see him for us vs the ****, but unfortunately we need players for the whole season, not just to bite lumps out of the ****.)

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:No.
He is a liability off the pitch.

If we are going to spend £7-£10M on a hardworking experienced English midfielder who will add leadership, grit and a few goals then buy Scott Parker.
+1......I FUCKING HATE BARTON :evil:

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

and BTW, you forgot the F.O.A.D option on your poll :oops: 8)

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Herpes is better than AIDS, but I'd rather have neither. Surely our criteria for players we'd like at the club goes a bit further than just "are they better than Diaby or Denilson?"

I don't think Barton's that bad of a footballer when he wants to be. For a while at Citeh he looked pretty decent technically, but even allowing for Wenger's supermarket sweep approach to transfers, there's gotta be better options out there? :?

And I'm not sure if he's really got the bollocks/steel that we desperately need when the chips are down or if he's just a snide *word censored* (big difference).

AFC1886

Post by AFC1886 »

I've never liked Barton but if we signed him now id be happy as fuck, he's a player we need and he's a leader.

When we fucked up and drew 4-4 at newcastle look at how he inspired them, also he has improved off the pitch.

100% YES even though it wont happen as could cause problems and be hard work for Wenger!

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

AFC1886 wrote:I've never liked Barton but if we signed him now id be happy as fuck, he's a player we need and he's a leader.

When we fucked up and drew 4-4 at newcastle look at how he inspired them, also he has improved off the pitch.

100% YES even though it wont happen as could cause problems and be hard work for Wenger!
Definitely not a player we need, we need better. :roll:

and when we fucked up and drew 4-4 at Newcastle, go back and watch the vids, we "fell on our own sword" as the saying goes. He wasn't the "leader" everyone speaks of, he's a dirty cunt on and off the field and I don't want him near AFC.

We might as well then try and sign Lee Bowyer to add "steel" to our midfield, then go and sign Shawcross, because we need a CB and while we at it let's just break the bank on J"I'll shag anything that moves" Terry. :shock:

Rant over. Bartons going onto the "thread" again. :shock: 8)

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

imagine having to stick up for the guy after he has his latest impulse to inflict pain. Imagine wenger explaining to the press why he never saw Barton gouge a players eyes out.

Thats the sh1te and baggage that comes with joey, the certified loon. There are many midfielders better than what we have so luckily nobody will ever see what should be a pysche patient in arsenal colours. :barscarf:

bunch

Post by bunch »

Not sure to be honest.

What I am sure about is that nothing will change next season under Wenger irrespective of the signings we make. I don't see our failings as a lack of ability in our squad. Its a collective lack of heart, fight, winning desire and mental strength. I don't see in any of the names we've been linked with anybody who has the reputation and balls to singlehandedly turn that around. All of the names, except Barton, are more of the same: "Wenger signings".

We need a player that will make the life of anybody who doesn't put in 100% effort absolute fucking hell. But for that to work, for the rest of the squad to listen and act, that player has got to have a gold plated playing reputation with the medals to back it up. He also needs to be given 100% backing by the manager to kick arse. Barton is a decent player but doesn't have the gold plated playing record and brings some risks on and off field. Too easy for the lazy babies to ignore. What you are talking about is going out and signing the big balls players from our rivals (Terry, Lampard, Stevie G, Ferdinand, Vidic, Rooney etc). Very unlikely and very expensive.

The other way to change the individual and collective attitude of the players is to change the manager. This is why I believe it is now time for him Wenger to leave.