YOUR FIRST EVER ARSENAL GAME

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

YOUR FIRST EVER ARSENAL GAME

Post by REB »

can you remember it :?:

mine was 1980

arsenal v southampton midweek game and charlie george was playing for southhampton and i remember the ovation he got from the northbank 8) went with my dad (corkbarry) and we sat in the west stand.

think it finished 1-1 ,following sat we went up to highfield road to watch arsenal v coventry which coventry won 3-1 and i think stapleton scored for the arsenal.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Home game v Coventy, 1980 a 2-2 draw, Stapleton got 1. not sure about the other one. Saw myself on tv on match if the day or whatever it was back then, stood in the corner of the north bank. :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yup, 1971 v Sheffield United. We lost 1-0!

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

1976 - Arsenal 1 - Middlesborough 1 - Stapleton scored for us...

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

man city at home 1995 sat in the clock end with my dad, wll never forget that first sight of the north bank :barscarf:

CPHANMER

Post by CPHANMER »

Arsenal v Swansea 2011

Miserable day from the moment Denilson and Rosicky collided to gift Sinclair the opening goal, to Almunia coming out to the half way line to clear the ball, completely missing it and there guy (only know sinclair) shooting into an empty net.

miserable, miserable day

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

i can remember pretty well :lol:

arsenal 3 x 1 chelsea - boxing day 2010 :barscarf:

seriously, it was one of the greatest days in my life. i was as happy as a man can be in london and all it's greatness, and had the opportunity to see us beat chelsea quite comfortably which is not something you see often since 2005.

a day i will tell my sons and grandsons about for sure. 8) a few pictures to remember the day:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Wimbledon-Arsenal 1988. Lost 3-1

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Home to Sunderland.

October 1967.

We won 2-1

I seem to have forgotten who scored. And what the attendance was. :? :D

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

Post by charliegeorgewhocanhitem »

Sheffield Utd home, October 71, 0-0 draw in the league cup

NaNaNasri

Post by NaNaNasri »

Spurs 4-5 Arsenal at Shite Hart Lane, 2004.

Great first Arsenal match for a 12 year old. :barscarf:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

23rd of september 1993 versus Southhampton, flew back from holiday into Heathrow and had an overnight stay before heading on home next day. I only realised at about midday that we were at home so I made my way down to the ground to queue for a ticket......i repeat QUEUE for a ticket :D.
Once i made my way into the west stand and emerged into the sunshine i was met the beautiful sight of the bright green grass, I sat in my seat smiling from ear to ear just with the joy of finally being in Highbury to finally see a team i had supported from 1979.
A dire game was won with a chipped over the shoulder finish from Merson, the memory of the match and the result has faded but the the feeling i got as i took my seat will never be surpassed.
I miss Highbury and i miss our club, a family club held in high regard by friend and foe alike has been replaced by a faceless corporation in a souless bowl.

Babu

Post by Babu »

Arsenal 0 chelsea 0 November 1973, in the League.

Closely followed by an away win versus west ham the following weekend, 3-1

Hooked!

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

First Home game was Arsenal V Chelsea in 91, Vaguely remember it as I was only a kid, it was Ian Wright's home debut and he scored infront of the North Bank, went with my school mate who was a Chelsea fan and we got crushed after he scored, it was 3-2, remember seeing fuck all as we were so small but remember the clock at the opposite end.

First Arsenal game was the year before at Palace, couldn't tell you the score though as don't remember it, went to Palace a lot that year.

Found the rave scene shortly after and didn't go to a game again until Arsenal Madrid in the Emirates Cup 3 seasons ago, Rave scene was far too much fun to spend money going to football.

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Had been before but too young to remember any details and my dad cant either. So my 'first' game home v Watford, October 1986. Programme cover is my avatar.

Sat in west lower. Tony Coton was in goal for Watford and got sent off for swearing. John Barnes was playing for them. Martin Hayes was our leading scorer that season.
Last edited by hugh jardon on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.