Who? - This is a joke isn't it?!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RobbieVP

Who? - This is a joke isn't it?!

Post by RobbieVP »

http://football-talk.co.uk/29748/it-is- ... ted-in-me/

I laughed....and then I realised that it may not be a joke!!... :banghead:

STLgooner89

Post by STLgooner89 »

Can't wait til next year to see him putting Kevin Doyle through on goal!!

:barscarf:

richpye

Post by richpye »

This rumour was circulated a few months back.
Thought there was some link to him having a good shot from distance.

Doesn't stop out ambition feeling a tad worrying at the moment though

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

This is taking the piss! :shock:

Babu

Post by Babu »

richpye wrote:This rumour was circulated a few months back.
Thought there was some link to him having a good shot from distance.

Doesn't stop out ambition feeling a tad worrying at the moment though
Here's the shot and goal that everyone was talking about. One hell of a shot, but can't see that working too often in the PL, although would be nice if it did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3-q8bmC0EY

Of course I would also suggest that Wenger doesn't see this as 'real football' and would put a stop to this 'long-range shooting' malarkey pretty quickly.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Maybe Tony Adams spotted him when he was out there!!!
:shock: :shock: :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Uzbekistan international? I wonder who could be behind that transfer rumour :hmmthink:

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

STLgooner89 wrote:Can't wait til next year to see him putting Kevin Doyle through on goal!!

Doyle plays up front on his own for Wolves, and with the terrible service he gets from his midfield (mainly defence actually!), he works absolute wonders. HIs head’s in the right place,he would walk over hot coals for his team, and he’s a very decent footballer. That said, we play possibly the polar opposite style of football to Wolves, and I’ve no idea if he’s capable of the necessary change up. I cringe seeing a Blackburn fan telling us that Doyle would be a good signing and getting 19 thumbs down, as to me it smacks of uniformed decision making. Are we in the market for the Benzemas/Agueros of this world? If we were then we’d have bought one by now. If not, then we go for Adebayors/Nasris who see Wenger as a turd polisher before they movve onto ‘bigger and better things’, or do we go for a hard worker like Doyle who may not have the skills of a Nasri but 4x the work ethic. I’m not sure what the answer is, but I do know that in a very successfull team you’ll have both sorts of players, and so I for one would be happy getting Doyle onboard (without being ecstatic) for that bit of British Isles grit as long as we also looked on the otherside of the spectrum as well for a Nasri/Cesc replacement. Hope that makes sense

REB

Post by REB »

piresistible wrote:
STLgooner89 wrote:Can't wait til next year to see him putting Kevin Doyle through on goal!!

Doyle plays up front on his own for Wolves, and with the terrible service he gets from his midfield (mainly defence actually!), he works absolute wonders. HIs head’s in the right place,he would walk over hot coals for his team, and he’s a very decent footballer. That said, we play possibly the polar opposite style of football to Wolves, and I’ve no idea if he’s capable of the necessary change up. I cringe seeing a Blackburn fan telling us that Doyle would be a good signing and getting 19 thumbs down, as to me it smacks of uniformed decision making. Are we in the market for the Benzemas/Agueros of this world? If we were then we’d have bought one by now. If not, then we go for Adebayors/Nasris who see Wenger as a turd polisher before they movve onto ‘bigger and better things’, or do we go for a hard worker like Doyle who may not have the skills of a Nasri but 4x the work ethic. I’m not sure what the answer is, but I do know that in a very successfull team you’ll have both sorts of players, and so I for one would be happy getting Doyle onboard (without being ecstatic) for that bit of British Isles grit as long as we also looked on the otherside of the spectrum as well for a Nasri/Cesc replacement. Hope that makes sense
100% agree. as someone who has watched doyle a bit more then i should as he is an ex cork city player i will say doyle is a player i would like to see at arsenal. and not been a little englander here but fuck this buying cheap africans wenger and get some people in who will be proud to wear the cannon on there heart and not some *word censored* who after 2-3 years wnat to fuck off somewhere warmer :evil: