I got offered a season ticket but...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
merson_is_god

I got offered a season ticket but...

Post by merson_is_god »

it was for behind the goal for £1300 or £1100 for the back ten rows :x Phoned the club and they said the wait if you go to the bottom of the list now is approximately 8-10 years!

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Why would you need to go to the bhottom of the list? You can defer it for a year if they can't find you a better seat which they might be able to.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Seems a few have had some joy with Asking to be near friends in the lower tier, worth a phone call I'd say!

What number were you on the list mate?

Boomer

Re: I got offered a season ticket but...

Post by Boomer »

merson_is_god wrote:it was for behind the goal for £1300 or £1100 for the back ten rows :x Phoned the club and they said the wait if you go to the bottom of the list now is approximately 8-10 years!
They did the same with me last weekend.

As per Rocky's advice I said I had friends/relatives in the lower tier. Eventually got two in block 3.

The Club struggle to sell the upper tier seats so the 'sales' team will try to clear these.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Good view in Block 3.

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

BournemouthRED wrote:Seems a few have had some joy with Asking to be near friends in the lower tier, worth a phone call I'd say!

What number were you on the list mate?
5,000 and something Bournemouth mate. Looking for the Lower Tier hopefully but will defer for a year.

DUFFMAN

Post by DUFFMAN »

Have you tried accepting the season ticket and then not sending them the money for it? I'm sure they'll forget it and go away after a couple of months.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

DUFFMAN wrote:Have you tried accepting the season ticket and then not sending them the money for it? I'm sure they'll forget it and go away after a couple of months.
Arsenal forgetting amount money?!?! :? :lol: :lol:

DUFFMAN

Post by DUFFMAN »

Oh yeah, it's Spending money they forget about!

You know mig, he's the master at payment evasion. Come Xmas he could just say he forgot so actually send it and that it's on it's way ASAP

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Got the exact same mail, was told if I don't choose to purchase one of these seats up in the gods behind the goal by 5pm today I'll be back to the back of the waiting list :banghead:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

rodders999 wrote:Got the exact same mail, was told if I don't choose to purchase one of these seats up in the gods behind the goal by 5pm today I'll be back to the back of the waiting list :banghead:
I just found a copy of the text...
We are limited in what we have to offer and advise you that the majority of available seating is situated in the goal upper area, priced at £1,395 or £1,150 for the back ten rows.
Doesn't mean there isn't tickets available elsewhere.

When I got mine (last week) it seemed there was a few individual seats in the lower.
They're pushing (you) for the worst selling seats.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Nothing to see here.
Last edited by Boomer on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

They are trying to panic and scare potential new season ticket holders into paying top dollar for upper tier tickets, yet another example of the lack of class at the club which is becoming the rule rather than the exception.

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

rodders999 wrote:Got the exact same mail, was told if I don't choose to purchase one of these seats up in the gods behind the goal by 5pm today I'll be back to the back of the waiting list :banghead:
It's next Monday 11th July @ 5pm mate. :barscarf:

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

Buy! Buy! Buy!

You know you want too.

I wonder how much season tickets have been given up..i would love to know.