1. Ivan Gazidis. What's the point of this guy? Can he please just shut up and let the players get on with representing the club on the pitch like in the good old days when we were a Football Club rather than a sodding multinational company?
2. The players. Why are the likes of Almunia, Fabianski, Rosicky, Diaby, Denilson, Squillaci, Vela, Eboue, still at the club? All have been given ample time to prove their worth and have failed time and time again. And with the exception of Vela, none of them are even that young. Madness.
3. Not being serious title contenders at the beginning of the season.
4. The Marketing: Eg: the tour to Asia. "A huge success" in which both games, particularly noticeable in China, were played in half empty stadiums. A quick way to cash a couple of six figure cheques, nothing more. The time for real promotion and marketing in Asia was a decade ago - that was when the Premier League was getting massive in those countries. Arsenal well and truly missed the boat and are now only the 3rd/4th biggest Premier league team in Asia - about level with Chelsea, and way behind Liverpool and Man Utd.
5. The horrific clib kits for next season.
6. The stupid wages we play rubbish players, who would struggle to get in the Stoke team.
7. The stupid transfer policy whereby, with the incredibly rare exception, we refuse to buy a proven international player, despite being one of the ten richest sports teams on the planet.
8. The exhorbitant ticket prices. Thousands and thousands of season tickets went unrenewed this season. Just as well the stadium capacity was limited to 60,000.
9. The attitude of the players. How many of the current bunch have any real affection for the club and give 100% every game? Cesc, RVP, Wilshere, Sagna, Walcott, possibly Vermaelen, Sceszny and Ramsay - the rest seem like a bunch of journeymen.
10. 4-5-1: It's not fucking working.
11. Trying to play patient tippy tappy football like an inferior Barcelona Barcelona when we used to devastate the opposition with speed, athleticism and power in the days of Henry, Pires and Vieira.
As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: augie and 23 guests