Will Wenger last the season?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Irish Gooner

Will Wenger last the season?

Post by Irish Gooner »

How do you feel Wenger will exit the club and will it be mid season or even next summer?

The pressure is surely on. I was startled to come across this poll on the official website for members..

http://www.arsenal.com/membership/membe ... -the-month?

52% of members felt that we will finish 5th or below..... :shock:

So the majority. Even with all this pressure he still wont sign the required players it seems so far?

Post by 1989 »

He'll be gone by Christmas. Skybet has him at 16/1 to be the first manager to be sacked this season - about right.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

He will see out his contract

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:He will see out his contract
Another 3 seasons?

Please fuck no..... :cry:

SammyDroppedHisShorts

Irish Gooner wrote:
Another 3 seasons?

Please fuck no..... :cry:
Listen, the guy will not be sacked after all he has the legacy of the stadium and the trophies in his first half of his career with us....the board will never sack him.

He might step down but.....i reckon two things

1. He will see out his contract
2. He will fall ill like his good friend Houllier.

As much as many dislike his manner at present id hate to see him go due to illness....after all he has brought us some amazing moments...

Post by 1989 »

If we're languishing in 5-7th place with no CL football that will get him sacked faster than a hooker in trainers. Kroenke won't allow him to take the piss and drag the club down into further mediocrity.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

I believe he you are right he may not be sacked, but it may be a mutual decision if this season goes poorly.

Tbh I think Wenger is too fixated on his project to resign.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

1989 wrote:
If we're languishing in 5-7th place with no CL football that will get him sacked faster than a hooker in trainers. Kroenke won't allow him to take the piss and drag the club down into further mediocrity.
Are you confident of that though? I certainly havent been impressed one bit by Kroenke so far.

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

I think it's more shocking that there are still as many as 18% :shock: who think we are going to be Champions.... :lol:
I can only imagine when they say 1st what they really mean is, Wenger's 4th is the new 1st first..... :roll:

SammyDroppedHisShorts

1989 wrote:
sorry cant see it.

Silent Stan wants this 'franchise' on his resume.....and he has no idea about running a socca club. He wont sack Wenger as the man is instutionalised.......and therefore the sack wont occur

Post by 1989 »

Irish Gooner wrote:
1989 wrote:
Are you confident of that though? I certainly havent been impressed one bit by Kroenke so far.
Kroenke doesn't talk but he's capable of making tough decisions. He is a businessman and will want to make profits out of his investment. If next season we're getting worse having also been knocked out of the CL Wenger's chances of staying will be nil. Not to mention the pressure from the fans, Gazidis has already said his position will be unsustainable if the fans turn on him. All factors which will seal his departure. I honestly think Wenger is genuinely deluded, because he doesn't see what is happening around him at all. He doesn't realize that people are baying for his blood.

Post by 1989 »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:
1989 wrote:
sorry cant see it.

Silent Stan wants this 'franchise' on his resume.....and he has no idea about running a socca club. He wont sack Wenger as the man is instutionalised.......and therefore the sack wont occur
He has sacked managers in the past with his other "franchises".

augie

Post by augie »

Wenger will be gone by the end of september as we fans finally stand together to protest at the disgraceful way our club is now being run and how we the fans are being fleeced in the process :evil: Wenger totally indignant at having his authority question by people who have never worked a day in football in their peasant lives resigns in disgust despite several voices in his head telling him to stay :roll: :banghead:

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

I don't think the board will ever sack Wenger, so he has to resign before we get rid of him. If we finish outside the top four this year, the board will most likely say that Wenger is the right man to bring us back into the CL. :roll:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

I dont think he'll be sacked but there could be some sort of mutual consent.

But this season? no, maybe next summer.

You'd think some sort of survival instinct would kick in by now from wenger to save himself, thus he must not feel under pressure from above at the moment.

Honestly its sad to see the club and wenger like this. Who thought we'd be here when we lifted the PL in 2004.