UDINESE CL HOME GAME

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
donaldo

Post by donaldo »

cameron326 wrote:
But we have been on course for the Champions League qualification the past 13 years, and been in the title race and cup finals almost every year, and WE BOTTLED IT EVERY FUCKING TIME IN THE LAST SIX YEARS.

Whose fault is that, then?
Er, let me guess . . . Arsene Wenger? Whose fault is it that we reached the Champions league final in 2006? Wenger.

Whose fault that we have possibly the future best keeper in the world between the sticks? Wenger. (If it were up to the expert fans on here we'd have splashed 20 million on a keeper last season leaving Szcsesny to rot on the bench for five years)

Whose fault is it that we expetc to measure ourselves against the Barcelonas and Milans of the world rather than the Udineses, Parmas and Zaragozas? Wenger.

We're all frustrated but only Arsenal fans are stupid enough to think the club will go forward when Wenger leaves - he's the reason we're a top 4 team until proven otherwise domestically (we would be top 2 were it not for silly money City and Chelsea), and a top 10 club in Europe.

So we havent won any trophies for a few years. Boo fucking hoo. This is our record in Europe over the past disastrous SIX YEARS:

5/6 - last 2

6/7 - last 16

7/8 - last 8

8/9 - last 4

9/10 - last 8

10/11 - last 16

An average of the last 8. How many teams do you think have a better record over this time - maybe Chelsea, Man Utd, Barcelona, Madrid? And that's about it.
What about winning the damn thing.Even a poor Liverpool team have won it and got to another final in the last 6 years.
As soon as we draw any half decent team in Europe we are out

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

cameron326 wrote:
But we have been on course for the Champions League qualification the past 13 years, and been in the title race and cup finals almost every year, and WE BOTTLED IT EVERY FUCKING TIME IN THE LAST SIX YEARS.

Er, let me guess . . . Arsene Wenger? Whose fault is it that we reached the Champions league final in 2006? Wenger.
Actually IMO Keown should have more credit than Wenger for that

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Last night's performance should leave no one in any doubt as to the sort of season we are going to have to endure, if Wenger isn't removed asap.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

We won and kept a clean sheet which is a decent result in Europe but papers over the cracks again.

How we managed to win is another question. Defence was cut open on numerous occasions, only to be saved by Chesney. We could easily be looking at a 3-1 defeat this morning.
Shows again how weak our squad is and unless something drastic is done....................

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

I think the positive thing to take from last night is that we didn't concede. However, I think we are going to struggle over there. They now know if they take the game to us then they will make chances.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

kiwomya wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
kiwomya wrote:A win was needed and we got one. and a clean sheet to take to an away leg.

...and this board STILL moans!
We were LUCK EEEEE ya knobber! :banghead: :roll:
Were you even happy we scored?
Delighted, BUT...what about the other 89 minutes we struggled to even make any attempts on goal...AND we were lucky in the extreme - we were lucky not to lose by a 3 goal margin.....they ripped us a new one evrytime they attacked...and chamahk,djourou,rosicky,song can kiss my lillywhite ass...cos they were UTTER SHYTE. :banghead:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

bisiacco wrote:I am little bit sad today, we honestly deserved a draw.
Here have a Cornetto and cheer up!

8)

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

cameron326 wrote:

Whose fault that we have possibly the future best keeper in the world between the sticks? Wenger. (If it were up to the expert fans on here we'd have splashed 20 million on a keeper last season leaving Szcsesny to rot on the bench for five years)

Whose fault is it that we expetc to measure ourselves against the Barcelonas and Milans of the world rather than the Udineses, Parmas and Zaragozas? Wenger.

We're all frustrated but only Arsenal fans are stupid enough to think the club will go forward when Wenger leaves - he's the reason we're a top 4 team until proven otherwise domestically (we would be top 2 were it not for silly money City and Chelsea), and a top 10 club in Europe.

So we havent won any trophies for a few years. Boo fucking hoo. This is our record in Europe over the past disastrous SIX YEARS:

5/6 - last 2

6/7 - last 16

7/8 - last 8

8/9 - last 4

9/10 - last 8

10/11 - last 16

An average of the last 8. How many teams do you think have a better record over this time - maybe Chelsea, Man Utd, Barcelona, Madrid? And that's about it.
Lost your argument there.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

franksav63 wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:5 mins to go........all about the result now - a clean sheet at home is a good result

Jenkinson impressed so far
Are you for real mate, or are u just a wind up wanker!!! To be pleased with that utter shit that was served up really does you no justice!
Jenkinson looked like he had been hooked in from the stands that houses mongs! Please can u just give this rosetinting view of yours a break for once!!! :roll:
If you read my posts you will see im no rosetinter!! Read my post game views and you will see that.

Jenkinson did well in a pressure situation - one he should never, ever have been in!

The post above is correct in my view - the result was the most important thing with 5 mins to go in the game!! I dont think anyone can say that performance was anywhere NEAR good enough

no. 1 is Perry Groves....

Post by no. 1 is Perry Groves.... »

a win is a win and a clean sheet is a bonus but a poor game.

i dont think a 1 goal lead is enough to take over there based on our current form

Thursday night football here we come

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

storrmin571 wrote:
cameron326 wrote:

5/6 - last 2

6/7 - last 16

7/8 - last 8

8/9 - last 4

9/10 - last 8

10/11 - last 16

If Wenger had had his way, we'd still have Almunia there and then Flappy after him, it was only because of pressure applied by the fans that he finally gave Szcsesny a chance... so don't make it sound like Wenger has done good here, it's because of him that we've now got a rookie (ok a very good one) in the goal, the whole goalkeeping issue was fucked up big time by Wenger.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

If we get 1, they will need 3 - 1-0 at home is a GOOD result.

The performance was nowhere near good enough, and if we play like that we will lose 9 out of 10 games.

KG and JD proved that relying on that defence is foolish due to their injury record - we simply must buy, if we dont, and we have a poor season, then i think Wenger will go.

What did please me was the TV-LK partnership - only a handful of games together and it looks good to me - the defending as a unit is the main issue.

We will always concede chances as we are an attacking team, so we need to give some slack, but im in total agreeent that the positioning is awful overall.

question: did they annouce the attendance last night?

i dont remember hearing it.

have the club finally given up trying to mug us with attendance figures

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

franksav63 wrote:
storrmin571 wrote:
cameron326 wrote:

5/6 - last 2

6/7 - last 16

7/8 - last 8

8/9 - last 4

9/10 - last 8

10/11 - last 16

If Wenger had had his way, we'd still have Almunia there and then Flappy after him, it was only because of pressure applied by the fans that he finally gave Szcsesny a chance... so don't make it sound like Wenger has done good here, it's because of him that we've now got a rookie (ok a very good one) in the goal, the whole goalkeeping issue was fucked up big time by Wenger.
Fan pressure? I think you'll find it was because both GKs were injured and WS played well at OT and kept his place due to good performances

no. 1 is Perry Groves.... wrote:question: did they annouce the attendance last night?

i dont remember hearing it.

have the club finally given up trying to mug us with attendance figures
ignore just seen a seperate thread for this - :hammer: