Is this the best result we could have hoped for?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wengerball

Is this the best result we could have hoped for?

Post by Wengerball »

An Arsenal win but one that made our shortcomings blatantly obvious to all.

The defence barring Sagna and Jenkinson were rubbish, on another day they would have scored plenty.

Alex Song was Alex Song

Gervinho showed a lot of pace but the first touch of a r*pist with a hooked hand and his final ball was dire overall. So many promising positions and no end product- looks like he'll fit into Wengerball perfectly.

Walcott- good goal and showed a lot of pace up against their fullback- one of a few bright sparks

Chamakh-well what to say about this guy. Adjectives cant even begin to do justice to his performance. If RVP gets injured we can forget getting on the scoresheet.

If Wenger still thinks we have a big squad after the subs we brought on then he will never learn.

The win was important tonight to give us a shot at reaching the CL but I can see Udinese getting 2 in Udine if we dont clean up our act FAST.
Without any improvements we will be cannon fodder for CL teams and whats more cannon fodder for Man Utd and Liverpool.

Im trying to be positive but this is the least satisfied Ive felt after a win in some time.

The way they played you would have thought we were the team still in pre season mode.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Worst display I've seen in a while, so many empty seats too.

Given the happenings in the week it was a decent result given the team we had and the double injury that predictably happened, one goal is not enough and I think we will go out now.

Why does Song go forward? What is the point?

Why has Chamakh gone so crap? Would rather keep Bendtner and that's saying something.

Gervinho has or is getting a rep now as a diver.

Jenkinson has one foot, let's hope he don't play left back again, I don't think he did well at all and Ramsey got the hump with him at one point for not overlapping, too scared to use his left foot that's why.

The team seriously needs bulking up, ignore it and I don't think we will be in the top 6 nevermind 4.

Non flying Dutchman

Post by Non flying Dutchman »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Worst display I've seen in a while, so many empty seats too.

Given the happenings in the week it was a decent result given the team we had and the double injury that predictably happened, one goal is not enough and I think we will go out now.

Why has Chamakh gone so crap? Would rather keep Bendtner and that's saying something.

I too would like to know this

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Is this your 300th thread that asks a question already answered on other threads?

:?

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:Worst display I've seen in a while, so many empty seats too.

I too would like to know this

So would I! The guys final ball is shocking and his shooting for a proffesional footballer is a joke.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Percy Dalton wrote:Is this your 300th thread that asks a question already answered on other threads?

:?
300? He has only made 15 posts :lol: !

And I agree with most of the points made. Thought a real plus point from the game was the commitment and do or die attitude from everyone on the pitch. Rosicksy was better than I've seen him for a long time and Frimpong did really well when he came on.

It wasn't the fault of those that played last night that the club have so far failed to deliver on promises to strengthen and I thought that this was a great result/performance given the inexperience of those that were out there!

Gervinho worries me though. Looks crap and I've never seen anyone so one footed.....

butcher boy

Post by butcher boy »

4th in pl v 4th in serie a, thats us playing at the level we really are.Thats why it was a tough game.

The concern is currently we are nt good enough to be 4th in pl, anyone want to bet on us going through?

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

butcher boy wrote:4th in pl v 4th in serie a, thats us playing at the level we really are.Thats why it was a tough game.

The concern is currently we are nt good enough to be 4th in pl, anyone want to bet on us going through?
The media were highly disrespectful of Udinese. Serie A may not be as strong as the Premier League but for them to finish 4th in a league that includes AC Milan, Inter, Juventus and Roma means that they deserve to be taken seriously.

I for one always thought that this was going to be a tough draw - probably the most difficult one we could have had in the qualifying.

augie

Post by augie »

I would agree that in many ways (in an ideal world) last nights result and performance was ideal. Right now we have a poor team, even worse subs and are absolute shit at tactics and something significant has to change. All that being said what I have just said doesnt take into account the wenger factor.....hear no eveil, see no evil :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wengerball - mate, you don't need to start a new thread for every post you make! :lol:

If the topic of your post is covered in another thread then just post in that thread. If it is something not touched on (or involves tits) then fine make a new thread.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

if we lose nasri i am truly scared about wednesday's game

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

I'm consoling myself with the thought that if Udinese couldn't score after dominating the game like yesterday, then we should be ok.

Don't forget RVP is back for the second leg so we won't be playing with 10 men like we are when Chamakh plays.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

great result
two left backs and a CB injured in two days forces us into the market
Chamakh tragic must finally confirm changes up top
rosicky/rambo show they never will be/aren't yet Arsenal players

no excuses, we have to make additions
and we won 1-0

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

highburyJD wrote:great result
two left backs and a CB injured in two days forces us into the market
Chamakh tragic must finally confirm changes up top
rosicky/rambo show they never will be/aren't yet Arsenal players

no excuses, we have to make additions
and we won 1-0
I think it's an indictment of modern culture. Crybaby 'fans' who demand every whim is fulfilled instantly with no reference to reality

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

highburyJD wrote:I agree on future calls for investment. First team players as well as squad depth are vital. I disagree with the silly claim with the simple addition of the players x and y wot I mentioned last summer we would have DEF won everything. All based on the idea football management is dead easy - I've played it on my poooter loads of times.