UDINESE AWAY MATCH THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

UDINESE AWAY MATCH THREAD

Post by Dan_85 »

So, our last CL game for a while...

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

"A fantastic opportunity to qualify for the Europa League..."

Jumpers For Goalposts

Re: UDINESE AWAY MATCH THREAD

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Dan_85 wrote:So, our last CL game for a while...
It probably should be Dan - but I've got a feeling that Udinese won't quite be good enough to beat us by 2 goals. I reckon we'll lose 2-1 and scrape through on away goals and then all will once again be rosy in Wenger's imaginary garden.

But having said that - it hurts me to say it but I reckon we need to get knocked out and spend a season playing on Thursday nights in front of half full stadiums. The pain is surely coming somewhere down the line so I'd rather get it over with now and see a new man come in, before our reputation is completely trashed.

Dan_85

Re: UDINESE AWAY MATCH THREAD

Post by Dan_85 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:So, our last CL game for a while...
It probably should be Dan - but I've got a feeling that Udinese won't quite be good enough to beat us by 2 goals. I reckon we'll lose 2-1 and scrape through on away goals and then all will once again be rosy in Wenger's imaginary garden.

But having said that - it hurts me to say it but I reckon we need to get knocked out and spend a season playing on Thursday nights in front of half full stadiums. The pain is surely coming somewhere down the line so I'd rather get it over with now and see a new man come in, before our reputation is completely trashed.
But our babies always cope so well with pressure & in the last few matches we've certainly looked like we could score a hatful at any time! :lol:

projoe

Post by projoe »

our last CL game for a few years probably, will try to enjoy it as much as possible before were on channel 5 every couple of thursday nights :cry: :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

We'll concede early to level the scores and then be hit with another one sometime in the second half. Muggins in charge will then blame the fact that we have played three games in three months and that the players were tired.

DUFFMAN

Post by DUFFMAN »

whilst i wouldnt mind us getting beat to ram the importance of squad improvement down AW's neck, defeat would mean my already booked train to blackburn being cancelled so pull it outta the fucking bag mercenary fc.

also, couldnt stand the indignity of spuds singing thursday nights, chanel 5 to us.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Expect the worst, we ain't good enough.

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

Europa League qualification is within our grasp :lol:

YoungGun

Post by YoungGun »

Sad thing is that even if we do get knocked down to Europa league football, we probably still won't win it. :oops:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

We won 1-0 in the home leg, so we're in a very good position to progress.

Gervinho and Song return too, so that's a bonus.

Think we'll score out there, and scrape through.

Things are shit right now, but hopefully we'll get through this game and then Wenger/the board have no excuse not to invest in players! :evil:

lypako144

Post by lypako144 »

hey, you're still talking about the match!
it's since wednesday we're only blaming on the executives. lol.
a strange game. two legs for two lame teams. will the winner walk properly? or even ... run?

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Well...... flying out for this Wednesday, Hope we score and then that realistically puts Udinese out of it, but the lack of goals v Barcodes and Bin dippers wont back that up, so who knows.

Hopefully with Gervinho and Song back VP might get some service as for Theo Well maybe he just likes scoring against Italian teams :oops:

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

lypako144 wrote:hey, you're still talking about the match!
it's since wednesday we're only blaming on the executives. lol.
a strange game. two legs for two lame teams. will the winner walk properly? or even ... run?
what did you guys make of the first leg? did you feel robbed at not being able to turn your chances into goals? what does italy expect to happen on wednesday?

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I think it'll be close, but that we'll get through. I always fancy us when we keep a clean sheet at home.

The alternative is that the 6 remaining home cup ties on the ST will be Europa League :( !

And I wouldn't overplay the importance of the CL in terms of signing players. It hasn't exactly worked against Liverpool in the summer, and didn't Bayern sign scar face after failing to qualify for the CL?