Do you lot really want rid of Wenger???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Wenger should have been sacked after bottling a league title that was there for the taking in 2008, because he wouldn't sign a new defender after he KNEW Kolo had malaria in ACN.

The last straw for me was when after a horrendous 2008/9 campaign, in which we were destroyed by ManUre and Chelski, that *word censored* Wenger spent deadline day at Underhill wanking off to our reserves.

I am an Arsenal fan of over 35 years and I would do anything to get rid.

If we need to lose to Udinese and Man United, I will accept this for the greater good.
I have no respect for Wenger, he is a *word censored*. If he is being screwed by the board well he coulda fooled me, happy to pick up his £6.5 mil a year and lie to the fans incessantly.

Van Gaal would do a much better job even with the current dross, he would motivate and instill discipline. e.g. Frimpong would never have been sent off on Saturday, as he'd have been given a massive bollocking at half-time and/or subbed off.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Sad to say that even though I don't want us to get knocked out on Wednesday or lose at OT....it may well be for the greater good.

I'd still love Wenger to come out of his coma and make the necessary purchases and prove all the doom merchants wrong. But the lack of signings, inexperience and glaring weaknesses isn't new. This has been going on for years now so difficult to see that all of our prayers will be answered by 31st August!

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

The club is so stale, the manager, players and fans. It really needs sweeping out.
A new manager, new methods, ideas, motivation, new players and a big lift for the support is whats needed.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

I was supporting Wenger for a very long time. But now I really want to get rid of him.
Thanks for some titles, thanks for bringing up players like Cesc or Jack, but your time´s up, Arsene!

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I will happily suffer defeats if it means the end of Wenger.

Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can rise again.

I now await be being labelled a traitor or not a proper supporter by one of our resident superfans.

:roll:

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

I could quote so many of you in this thread because you all understand the issue entirely.

What's lost on a lot of people (particularly the Wenger apologists/AKBs outside of this forum) is that wanting Wenger to leave the club is mistaken for not being appreciative of what he's done.

No one will ever forget the Invincibles, nor the way Wenger crafted a brilliant team to finally give United a proper challenge in the league. He has done tremendous things for this club, and has given us the foundation to succeed well into the future - we have the facilities (academy, training grounds) and the capacity (stadium, lack of debt) to run with the "big boys" well into the future, and those are things largely due to the diligence and hard work of Mr. Arsene Wenger.

HOWEVER, that does not mean that nearly a decade without a major trophy, an appalling lack of transfers made to shore up weak areas, and the loss of the team's best players can be tolerated.

The club was crafted by Wenger to have more ambition and we'd like to see that fulfilled... and as AW appears to have lost that ambition - or simply refuses to acknowledge that our team is not good enough right now - it is perhaps time for new blood to provide new incentive, new tactics, and change the face of Arsenal after 15 years of a brilliant manager.

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

Babatunde wrote:Wenger should have been sacked after bottling a league title that was there for the taking in 2008, because he wouldn't sign a new defender after he KNEW Kolo had malaria in ACN.

The last straw for me was when after a horrendous 2008/9 campaign, in which we were destroyed by ManUre and Chelski, that c**t Wenger spent deadline day at Underhill wanking off to our reserves.

I am an Arsenal fan of over 35 years and I would do anything to get rid.

If we need to lose to Udinese and Man United, I will accept this for the greater good.
I have no respect for Wenger, he is a c**t. If he is being screwed by the board well he coulda fooled me, happy to pick up his £6.5 mil a year and lie to the fans incessantly.

Van Gaal would do a much better job even with the current dross, he would motivate and instill discipline. e.g. Frimpong would never have been sent off on Saturday, as he'd have been given a massive bollocking at half-time and/or subbed off.
BANG ON!

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

cameron326 wrote:
Would give up my left testicle to get rid of the c**t
Is it possible to call for Wenger's resignation without resorting to this kind of abuse? I suggest you direct your anger an the board. Wenger is paid a lot of money to do a job for the period of the contract he just signed and he is doing it to the best of his ability. People of integrity and character try to improve their performance level, not throw in the towel when things get tough.

If you think Arsenal have the wrong guy in charge then how about directing your abuse at the people who hired him, rather than the guy who in years to come will rightly be regarded as an Arsenal legend, despite the disappointments of the last five years?
Do Fuck off, Wenger doing his job to the best of his ability?

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

I could quote so many of you in this thread because you all understand the issue entirely.

What's lost on a lot of people (particularly the Wenger apologists/AKBs outside of this forum) is that wanting Wenger to leave the club is mistaken for not being appreciative of what he's done.

No one will ever forget the Invincibles, nor the way Wenger crafted a brilliant team to finally give United a proper challenge in the league. He has done tremendous things for this club, and has given us the foundation to succeed well into the future - we have the facilities (academy, training grounds) and the capacity (stadium, lack of debt) to run with the "big boys" well into the future, and those are things largely due to the diligence and hard work of Mr. Arsene Wenger.

HOWEVER, that does not mean that nearly a decade without a major trophy, an appalling lack of transfers made to shore up weak areas, and the loss of the team's best players can be tolerated.

The club was crafted by Wenger to have more ambition and we'd like to see that fulfilled... and as AW appears to have lost that ambition - or simply refuses to acknowledge that our team is not good enough right now - it is perhaps time for new blood to provide new incentive, new tactics, and change the face of Arsenal after 15 years of a brilliant manager.

Spot on Barriecuda. It seems you either now have to love Wenger or you hate Wenger. That isn't true. I want him gone, but it will still be a very sad day. I'm grateful for the way he completely transformed our club, but at the end of the day I want us to be challenging for major honours again and I just can't see that happening under Arsene. We've been patient, we're not being knee jerk. It's taken 5-6 seasons of the same failings before we've called for his head.

The longer he stays the more his recent failings will over shadow his great achievements.

Post by 1989 »

I absolutely, absolutely want him gone.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

all those who want him gone and think this season is a right off
1-what would be a successful season for his replacement - if Coyle/Lambert came in what would be enough for them in their first season?
2-if Wenger delivers the answer to 1 this season, is that enough for you to want him to continue?

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Coyle or Lambert would be bloody awful. We can do far far better

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

OK whoever, we make Stefan Schwartz manager
what constitutes a good first season for him?

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

highburyJD wrote:OK whoever, we make Stefan Schwartz manager
what constitutes a good first season for him?
It's really very hard to say.

A season of being massively adrift of the top two, and finishing third?

A season where we are in a four horse title race up to the end, and finish fourth but very close to the league?

Fourth, crap league form, just scrape, it, domestic cup success?

I'd take 10th and winning the CL, I really would

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

SWLGooner wrote:
highburyJD wrote:I'd take 10th and winning the CL, I really would
jees louise
the CL is the holy grail for me
ANY manager won that he goes down as an all time legend
how can you say 'I really would"

but my point is clubs fire managers, which costs money, then give the new guy more leeway
its not logical

Wenger has always got top 4
that looks harder than ever right now and is probably the limit of our ambitions
if Kenny gets 4th after spending a kings ransom they will fecking beatify him
Redknapp does it he would get the England managers job in football, rugby and cricket simultaneously
surely if Wenger got 4th thats enough to keep him his job?