Do you lot really want rid of Wenger???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Do you lot really want rid of Wenger???

Post by goonersid »

In response to "feelgood" threads by Reb and Sammy.(no offence to you guys)
We can all see the fucking mess we are in, so if you really want Wenger to fucking well do one.
Then I can't see how hoping we get past Udinese or win our next few league games is going to achieve that.
And if you really want the old fart gone, then don't give me the "I could never want Arsenal to lose a game" fucking superfan bullshit.
I'm not saying you should enjoy it, but you should be willing to fucking well suffer it, if you want this senile old bastard out.
For if we do manage to scrape past Udinese and avoid humiliation at OT, then string a few wins together against premiership dross, then you can forget about him going, and therefore should stop fucking calling for his head.
Cos the AKBS will be back to "we told you so" and "Arsene knows" and then you can all start practicing for the next round of "one Arsene cunting Wenger"

augie

Post by augie »

Would give up my left testicle to get rid of the *word censored* :oops: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If it takes defeat in the next 2 games to get shot of him then I will accept that - any other manager with any hint of pride or shame would walk away now anyway given the mess we are in and the fact that none of his players want to stay for him anymore :roll: :banghead: :banghead:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Someone remind me when does the window close? Is it midnight on the 31st?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I give Wenger until next Wednesday to make decent signings.

Failure to do so and I will want him gone.

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

What use is signing players next Wednesday going to be when we're out of the CL and in the relegation zone?

Also, how many last-minute AW transfer window signings can you name?

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

The problem is nobody explains anything at Arsenal. Its so frustrating with the secrecy and BS that goes on at our club.

But yes, as sad as it is, modern football has passed him by.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The window could close on 31st December and it wouldn't make any difference. When you are not going to sign any quality, you're not going to do it full stop. The fact that Wenger is calling Chamberlain and Gervinho replacements for Cesc and Nasri tells you all you need to know.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Would give up my left testicle to get rid of the c**t
Is it possible to call for Wenger's resignation without resorting to this kind of abuse? I suggest you direct your anger an the board. Wenger is paid a lot of money to do a job for the period of the contract he just signed and he is doing it to the best of his ability. People of integrity and character try to improve their performance level, not throw in the towel when things get tough.

If you think Arsenal have the wrong guy in charge then how about directing your abuse at the people who hired him, rather than the guy who in years to come will rightly be regarded as an Arsenal legend, despite the disappointments of the last five years?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Sadly it's too late in the Summer to get rid of him now. The window is about to close and I'd be surprised it any manager would take up the role without being able to put their stamp on the team with some new signings.

We'll just have to endure the train wreck of a season we all know lies ahead before Wenger is releived of his duties at the end of the campaign. Season 2011-2012 a write off for me. :cry:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

cameron326 wrote:
Would give up my left testicle to get rid of the c**t
Is it possible to call for Wenger's resignation without resorting to this kind of abuse? I suggest you direct your anger an the board. Wenger is paid a lot of money to do a job for the period of the contract he just signed and he is doing it to the best of his ability. People of integrity and character try to improve their performance level, not throw in the towel when things get tough.

If you think Arsenal have the wrong guy in charge then how about directing your abuse at the people who hired him, rather than the guy who in years to come will rightly be regarded as an Arsenal legend, despite the disappointments of the last five years?
:coffeespit:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

QuartzGooner wrote:I give Wenger until next Wednesday to make decent signings.

Failure to do so and I will want him gone.
But by then it would be too late. Forgetting about the competitions for a second we'd need a manager to work with what we have until the window reopens.
We're already rely on Jack to be a creative spark but if rumours are true he's out for 2 months.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

People of integrity and character try to improve their performance level, not throw in the towel when things get tough.

People of true integrity know when to step down because they have done as much as they can

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

rodders999 wrote:Sadly it's too late in the Summer to get rid of him now. The window is about to close and I'd be surprised it any manager would take up the role without being able to put their stamp on the team with some new signings. We'll just have to endure the train wreck of a season we all know lies ahead before Wenger is releived of his duties at the end of the campaign. Season 2011-2012 a write off for me. :cry:
Don't agree Rodders, we would still have January, and players like Cahill, Baines, Samba Jagielka etc would be available.
The period between now and then would give a new manager some time to look at the current lot and see exactly first hand what needs to be done.
Any ambitious young manager would still jump at the chance to manage Arsenal. Coyle or maybe even Lambert, they may not be ideal but they would bring a breath of fresh air and ambition.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

In response to "feelgood" threads by Reb and Sammy.(no offence to you guys)
We can all see the fucking mess we are in, so if you really want Wenger to fucking well do one.
Then I can't see how hoping we get past Udinese or win our next few league games is going to achieve that.
And if you really want the old fart gone, then don't give me the "I could never want Arsenal to lose a game" fucking superfan bullshit.
I'm not saying you should enjoy it, but you should be willing to fucking well suffer it, if you want this senile old bastard out.
For if we do manage to scrape past Udinese and avoid humiliation at OT, then string a few wins together against premiership dross, then you can forget about him going, and therefore should stop fucking calling for his head.
Cos the AKBS will be back to "we told you so" and "Arsene knows" and then you can all start practicing for the next round of "one Arsene cunting Wenger"
:coffeespit:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He should have been sacked the day after the last game at Fulham and a new man brought in with the entire summer ahead to mould a team the way he wanted.

We are now 2 games and 8 days away from Armageddon :banghead: