We won the league at Anfield

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

kingjayson1 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd love another gay best friend like you IU4GN :wink: :lol:

Quite frankly, this thread should be basemented immediately.
Wellll, if you promise to be gentle... :lol:

Pimped into gay prostitution by DB10, can this weekend get any worse! :(

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:i enjoy ladies football :oops: and would love to watch the arsenal ladies one day :oops: :oops:

:barscarf:
Arsenal Ladies matches are now starting to be show on ESPN, they were live against Everton a couple of weeks ago. THere is also a highlights programme midweek.

The Ladies play at Borehamwood and it only costs a fiver to get in. I am sure they would appreciate more support, even from you lot! :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:The Club invest money in the Ladies - are you sure?

The Ladies are paid a pittance compared to the men, they still have to work as well as play football to earn a salary to live on.

The Academy girls are responsible for selling programmes etc at the games and the players only get a couple of shirts to last them the season rather than the men who throw them into the crowd after every match!

This is commonplace for all Ladies teams, Arsenal do support their Ladies and a lot of time and commitment is invested into the team and the Academy girls.

Its only with the profile of womens football being raised (not easy with all you dinosaurs :wink: ) that things will change and they will get the recognition and reward they deserve.
Basil - I take a keen interest in the Arsenal ladies team and have been down to watch them a few times as my daughter plays and they are an obvious role model for her to try to follow.

Arsenal ladies are sponsored by Nike - not sure how much but any sponsorship deal running alongside the clubs imput must be beneficial.

Arsenal ladies get to use the facilities at London Colney - again probably not daily but they also have a partnership with the Univercity of Hertfordshire where the acadamy team and the Centre of Excellence teams play.

So Arsenal ladies have a big advantage over many of the other clubs ladies teams.

Just to mention that the F.A who are supposed to give support to girls football have for the coming season reduced the amount of Girls Centres of Excellences from 52 nationally to just 30 - resulting in many girls of a high standard now being unable to get to play at their level due to unrealistic travelling times to the lucky centres that did get their licence - training 4 hours a week, with matches often 100 miles away or more is going to leave many unable to either afford the cost of travelling or without the facility to take the required time off work to make it happen.

The F.A what a great job the do - perhaps they will take Wenger off our hands ?

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Ladies Parade Trophies

On Saturday the Ladies will be parading both the FA WSL and FA Womens Cup trophies at half time of the Arsenal v Swansea City match at Emirates Stadium. They will then be doing the same after their Semi Final match against Lincoln at Boreham Wood FC on Sunday.

Silverware at the Grove - whatever next?!

Instead of heading off for a pint of gnats at half time how about staying in your seat and showing them your support?

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:Ladies Parade Trophies

On Saturday the Ladies will be parading both the FA WSL and FA Womens Cup trophies at half time of the Arsenal v Swansea City match at Emirates Stadium. They will then be doing the same after their Semi Final match against Lincoln at Boreham Wood FC on Sunday.

Instead of heading off for a pint of gnats at half time how about staying in your seat and showing them your support?
Good luck with that.

:wink:

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

I'm gonna start n follow the women not men lol

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

I would but im always bursting for a piss by half-time :(

bunch

Post by bunch »

Not knocking the Arsenal ladies achievements, but why do I feel like this rubs our noses in the lack of trophies since we moved to the Grove? Surely the first trophy parade at the Grove should be when we win a proper piece of silverware.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

arsenalmorris wrote:I'm gonna start n follow the women not men lol
Glory hunter. :roll:

Basil is a Gooner

bunch wrote: Not knocking the Arsenal ladies achievements, but why do I feel like this rubs our noses in the lack of trophies since we moved to the Grove? Surely the first trophy parade at the Grove should be when we win a proper piece of silverware.
A proper piece of silverware? :roll:

The men cant even win the Emirates Cup!

Basil is a Gooner

StuartL wrote:

The Ladies are paid a pittance compared to the men, they still have to work as well as play football to earn a salary to live on.

The Academy girls are responsible for selling programmes etc at the games and the players only get a couple of shirts to last them the season rather than the men who throw them into the crowd after every match!

This is commonplace for all Ladies teams, Arsenal do support their Ladies and a lot of time and commitment is invested into the team and the Academy girls.

Its only with the profile of womens football being raised (not easy with all you dinosaurs :wink: ) that things will change and they will get the recognition and reward they deserve.
Basil - I take a keen interest in the Arsenal ladies team and have been down to watch them a few times as my daughter plays and they are an obvious role model for her to try to follow.

Arsenal ladies are sponsored by Nike - not sure how much but any sponsorship deal running alongside the clubs imput must be beneficial.

Arsenal ladies get to use the facilities at London Colney - again probably not daily but they also have a partnership with the Univercity of Hertfordshire where the acadamy team and the Centre of Excellence teams play.

So Arsenal ladies have a big advantage over many of the other clubs ladies teams.

Just to mention that the F.A who are supposed to give support to girls football have for the coming season reduced the amount of Girls Centres of Excellences from 52 nationally to just 30 - resulting in many girls of a high standard now being unable to get to play at their level due to unrealistic travelling times to the lucky centres that did get their licence - training 4 hours a week, with matches often 100 miles away or more is going to leave many unable to either afford the cost of travelling or without the facility to take the required time off work to make it happen.

Stuart - sorry I didnt reply to this earlier.

You are right in what you say that the Arsenal Ladies do probably have better facilities than other teams although Chelsea and Liverpool are also in the Super League and I dont know their training arrangements. I also know that they invest time and effort massively into the Centre of Excellence which is brilliant for the young girls there.

My daughter is also part of this world and these ladies are a role model to her too.

Does this explain my interest to the rest of you doubting cavemen(not you Stuart) rather than assuming (hoping?!) I'm a lezza? :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

You are right in what you say that the Arsenal Ladies do probably have better facilities than other teams although Chelsea and Liverpool are also in the Super League and I dont know their training arrangements. I also know that they invest time and effort massively into the Centre of Excellence which is brilliant for the young girls there.

My daughter is also part of this world and these ladies are a role model to her too.

Does this explain my interest to the rest of you doubting cavemen(not you Stuart) rather than assuming (hoping?!) I'm a lezza? :roll:
Bas, I know you are not a lezzer, hon... 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

I am led to believe that Chelsea's C of E train / play at Cobham, where the men train -

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

Shoulda done it right before kick off IMO and got a proper lap. How many trophies? In how many years? Are you watching earphone-pimp$?

:banghead: