Swansea match

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Post by 1989 »

Think Ramsey gets too much leeway, if this was Denilson I can only imagine the sort of stick he'll be getting...

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

1989 wrote:Think Ramsey gets too much leeway, if this was Denilson I can only imagine the sort of stick he'll be getting...
Agreed, Diaby or Denilson would not get the same slack.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
1989 wrote:Think Ramsey gets too much leeway, if this was Denilson I can only imagine the sort of stick he'll be getting...
Give it a rest...they both got more than enough slack for years. Until theshit just went into overload.

You're comparing apples with oranges.

:roll:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

We really ain't, Ramsey has been poor all season, compare him to Jack and the gap is huge.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Gunnersaurus wrote:We really ain't, Ramsey has been poor all season, compare him to Jack and the gap is huge.
all season?? So how is that like acouple of seasons? Please tell me why you aint?

How is a couple of games like a couple of seasons? It is not.

Case closed.

8)

tel

Post by tel »

Shit performance, would've been beaten by a better team. Thought Ramsey did ok as he had to work twice as hard due to Frimpongs best attempt at a Diaby impression. Fuck all has changed, we are still shit and our manager is a clueless numpty.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Ramsey was starting to find his form just before his injury.
Give him more time to get used to regular football again.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Personally I thought Ramsey did OK. He ran his bollocks off as he was obviously trying to do well in front of the Swansea fans. let's face it nobody came out of that game with any credit.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Hmm... not sure it's the same, is it?

Ramsey only returned from a broken leg towards the end of last season, and like Eduardo before him, he's been good, bad and ugly!

I don't think Ramsey gets too much leeway at all - I think he 100% deserves the opportunity to get his career back on track! giving him stick would be a dreadful way to treat the lad.

As for Denilson, he was actually quite popular for quite a while... mainly because we thought he might be quite a talent, and he was the Brazil U? captain as well, so big things were expected. :oops: :lol:

He had ample time before the stick really started, and he - unlike Diaby and Ramsey - doesn't have a broken leg as an excuse... he was just shit and lazy.

Diaby is still a strange case as he's NEVER been fit long enough to see what he's capable of. He's often been slow and frustrating, but in fairness he's always recovering from an injury... which he is now, of course.

Seriously, anyone who is actually thinking of giving Ramsey stick at games should think again, in my opinion. As fans, we're getting a bad reputation for moaning too much as it is, without picking on Ramsey whilst he's on the long long road to recovery from a horror tackle :? which, if you don't remember, he picked up whilst playing for the Arsenal.
Last edited by g88ner on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

marcengels wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:
Give it a rest...they both got more than enough slack for years. Until theshit just went into overload.

You're comparing apples with oranges.

:roll:
At the end of the day, it's all rancid fruit isn't it? :wink:

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:We really ain't, Ramsey has been poor all season, compare him to Jack and the gap is huge.
What, all four Premier League games of it?

:suicide:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Ramseys a good lad and I like him, but we cant afford passengers in this team and he IS a passenger.

Theres only so much time we can give him. Yes the injury was horrific, but we've got to be ruthless here if hes not upto it now he MUST be dropped.
He will get plenty of games over the season as as sub and in the cups.

Cant understand why we dont drop off form players :banghead:

As for Gibbs, what do you expect. The lad is like Armand Traore except, he actually gives a fuck. In other wors, hes another of Wengers Left midfielders turned into a defender. Is it any wonder he cant defend!

Sagna is a proper defender and positions himself well and can tackle.
Gibbs is always out of position and cant tackle.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Ramsey will be great, just needs time - he carried wales last week and was MOTM against England

just needs time,

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Number 5 wrote:
What, all four Premier League games of it?

:suicide:
Plus both CL games.... :wink:

What worries me about Ramsey is his physicality seems to have disappeared from the injury.

I havent seen him make a tackle in a long long time. He just refuses to tackle. Its understandable,but he does need to get stuck in more.

He shadows players and lets them waltz by. Other lads like Wilshere and Frimpong actually get stuck in and tackle.

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Mate if we dropped our off form players right now about 3 players would start the next game.

Ramsey it appears to me has been promised a run of consecutive games in the team no matter what.

Rightly so as he'll need at least 10 to peak.

I said earlier about him, out of all the players, he is the most that looks like he wants to play the fucking game. He needs more support and players with a similar attitude to see results.