Footballer's Biographies

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babatunde

Footballer's Biographies

Post by Babatunde »

I read the other day that Theo Walcott apparently has a bio coming out?!
I almost spat my coffee out. That is the most hilarious thing I have ever heard. What will he talk about? All the 4th placed trophies he has won?! The amount of times he has hit a cross into row Z? I am with Fergie on this one, achieve something in the game first then talk.

RVP now has a bio out. I mean what would such a book cover? The amount of time spent on the physio's table? All the wonderful doctors he spends time with while his team-mates play! Good player but again, achievend sod all in the game. Nothing. Nothing eventful is there? Only his WC final with Holland can really count here and that was hardly glittering for him....

Now when Adams wrote 'Addicted' THAT was a bio worth reading. This is a man who struggled with a serious affliction and overcame it magnificently. With the added fairytale of him coming back stronger and scoring that great final goal against Everton to lift the league! Despite AKBs trying to convince the world that AW was responsible for Adams kicking his habit (pfffft) it was 100% down to Adams' mental resolve.

It really winds me up therefore to see little upstarts like Walcott having bios out. It's a joke. Whatever next? Will Alex Song write a bio? About how to have a million hairstyles and still play like shit? Or perhaps Diaby will have one out about how to act like a total c**t and have 60,000 cheer you on?!

Carl Jenkinson, Djourou and Koscielny could all write a horror book about that Old Trafford gangbang etc...

Am I being too wound up by this?

And can people please suggest book themes for all our squad players?

e.g. Almunia can write a book about solitude and how a bench can become man's best friend etc...

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

I can see it now

"Me, Myself and I" - Nicklas Bendtner

marcengels

Re: Footballer's Biographies

Post by marcengels »

Babatunde wrote:Am I being too wound up by this?
Is there anything that DOESN'T wind you up mate?

:lol:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

LOL at Bendtner. Marcengs I am not wound up by this! Errr promise....
8)

DB10GOONER

Re: Footballer's Biographies

Post by DB10GOONER »

marcengels wrote:
Babatunde wrote:Am I being too wound up by this?
Is there anything that DOESN'T wind you up mate?

augie

Post by augie »

As a non Arsenal related bio I have to say that I enjoyed "el macca" about steve mcmanaman's time at madrid 8)

Pirestzel

Post by Pirestzel »

The Guide to Travelling - Carlos Vela

Are you afraid of the Park - Chu Young Park

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

I was also surprised when I read that about Walcott. I don't understand why anyone would buy his book.

The best autobiography I read was from George Best. I also liked Patrick Vieira's bio. My defence from Ashley Cole is by far the worst book I've ever read. No wonder I found it for only 1 pound on eBay.

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

I've always thought that players shouldn't bring out books until they have finished playing.

However I guess the way it works now is they and all the hangers on want to make as much money as they can now.

(Personal fave biography - Tony Adams addicted)

REB

Post by REB »

yeah i normally read the arsenal players bio, wont be buying theo,s as i dont believe a player should write a book before there career is finished ,tony adams and mersons were the best and the best non arsenal was defo paul mcgraths.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Don't think I could ever read a non-arsenal bio, and wouldn't read liver thief, wife beating drunken over rated bastard best's book, if it was the last on earth.
I enjoyed Marinello's book "fallen idle"

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

i agree with the OP.. unelss you have achieved the highest standard in your field you really shouldn't be considering a bio. it happens in all aspects now, like that munter subo bringing out a bio. "i won a singing competition, couldn't handle it, released an album and now i'm last years news" its pathetic...

although i would be interested in RvP's, just coz he's Arsenal and he works hard and its not entirely his fault Arsenal have been shit for so long.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

I read 2 non Arsenal related footballers biographies (both by Ronald Rend, former english football correspondent for Süddeutsche Zeitung)

- about Robert Enke, former Germanys No. 1 goalkeeper who committed suicide in 2009
- about goalie Lars Leese who played at a 1-0 win at Anfield in 1997/98 for Barnsley

both great biographies :barscarf:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

cusamano wrote:I read 2 non Arsenal related footballers biographies (both by Ronald Rend, former english football correspondent for Süddeutsche Zeitung)

- about Robert Enke, former Germanys No. 1 goalkeeper who committed suicide in 2009
- about goalie Lars Leese who played at a 1-0 win at Anfield in 1997/98 for Barnsley

He wrote his own book about his time with Barnsley.

Needless to say, he found some things "odd"

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

cusamano wrote:I read 2 non Arsenal related footballers biographies (both by Ronald Rend, former english football correspondent for Süddeutsche Zeitung)

Last week I read one of the chapters of that book. About how Barcelona lost a cup game against a team of amateurs and Frank de Boer who went crazy because Enke made a few mistakes. I'll probably buy that book, very interesting and sad story.