THE BIG ARSENAL FLAG AND THE PHOTOGRAPHER

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

THE BIG ARSENAL FLAG AND THE PHOTOGRAPHER

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

Dont know if anyone saw the women photographer get knocked out cold by the flag pole just before the start of the 2nd half yesterday.

My first thought was "is she ok"
my second thought was "lawsuit"
my Third. "why are we using these big flags for in the 1st place"

I doubt will be seeing the flags again once she pops in her lawsuit.

I feel gutted for the guy who was holding the flag.

I hope the lady alright, she didnt look so good.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

yea i saw that was right in front of it, at first i thought it was a dive then she was actually out cold and got took away on a stretcher, the bloke who hit her on the head was shitting it i think

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

That would only happen to ********

spawn_e_git

Post by spawn_e_git »

Yeah it was in front and to the right of me.Did not see her get hit but see all the paramedics around afterwards.

I can't find any report if she was OK or not.

I hope she is. I can't see the flags being allowed again. I assume the flag was privided by the club as it was a fucking big flag for someone to bring with them.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

arsenalmorris wrote:yea i saw that was right in front of it, at first i thought it was a dive then she was actually out cold and got took away on a stretcher, the bloke who hit her on the head was shitting it i think
:lol: :lol: :lol:

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

arseofacrow wrote:
arsenalmorris wrote:yea i saw that was right in front of it, at first i thought it was a dive then she was actually out cold and got took away on a stretcher, the bloke who hit her on the head was shitting it i think
u can never be sure in modern football :shock:

treygoony

Post by treygoony »

arsenalmorris wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
u can never be sure in modern football :shock:
:coffeespit:

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

i have spoken to michael (shirts collection/beret fame) who was holding the flag on the other side of the goal in front of the redsection. apparently, the guy on the other side got his flag 'tangled up' - but michael did not see it happen. the photographer who was struck came round at the stadium and may not have even gone to hospital. the guy who struck her was relieved later on that she was ok.

carrying these flags is a bit of an art. i can't see them ever returning given the health and safety aspect and frankly, in the light of that, it's a wonder they were ever allowed in the first place. still, a great memory is michael running round with his own after arshavin's winner v barcelona. for which he got ticked off! however, the one thing i will say for him is that as a construction worker, he's carried enough scaffolding poles to be trusted with one of these things. obviously not everyone though.

after the incident, he was told not to raise his again even if arsenal did score. insert your own punchline...

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

Ohhh. Thought it was a broken heart...

:twisted:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Fucking hell - that's one hell of an achievement!! :shock: :shock: How big was this guy's arse? :? :lol: :lol: :wink:

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

I hear that there is a shop in Seville that may offer a decent range of hard hats but Arsenal refused to buy them for some reason?

Anyway, I hope the poor lady is OK - I can't see the point in the flags, particularly if they are that dangerous. Just obscure people's view.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Lets hope we don't replace them with cunting inflatables like at the Nou Camp

g88ner

Re: THE BIG ARSENAL FLAG AND THE PHOTOGRAPHER

Post by g88ner »

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER wrote:Dont know if anyone saw the women photographer get knocked out cold by the flag pole just before the start of the 2nd half yesterday.
female photographer at the Grove knocked out cold?... erm, has Basil posted on here since the game? :shock: :? :lol:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

SWLGooner wrote:Lets hope we don't replace them with cunting inflatables like at the Nou Camp
How about these instead:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtespeLin2c

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Number 5

Re: THE BIG ARSENAL FLAG AND THE PHOTOGRAPHER

Post by Number 5 »

g88ner wrote:
Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER wrote:Dont know if anyone saw the women photographer get knocked out cold by the flag pole just before the start of the 2nd half yesterday.
female photographer at the Grove knocked out cold?... erm, has Basil posted on here since the game? :shock: :? :lol: