SEASON TICKET RENEWALS 2012/13

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

terry henry wrote:
RVP2 wrote:Damn straight, I don't have a ST as I simpy can't go every week, but I bought tickets for Shrews / Bolton / Spurs knowing we didn't have the best team and were playing like sh*t, because I support the Arsenal and that's what I'm going to continue doing.
Ditto. I go to as many games as I can basically. To be honest the teams performance has no influence on whether I go. The only reason I don't go to every game is 1) Couldn't afford to 2) Work commitments 3) my girlfriend would kill me :lol:

I go to most home games though that aren't midweek and the odd away one so don't do bad.
Same here. I rented a season ticket off another fella who went travelling for a couple years starting in 2005 but since then I've just gone to as many home games as I can and I'm trying to get to more away games since it's such a more like-minded crowd. It's very hit and miss at the emirates whether you're going to have some plank texting the stewards because you're standing up or singing too loudly whereas there's a lot of camraderie at the away games.

Also most away grounds have that "old ground" feel. They still have their equivalent of Highbury, whereas we get the spaceship :(

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Babatunde wrote:Interesting myriad of responses. As expected, some people totally miss the point of the question. You 'support the Arsenal'? Thanks for that. So do I.
I held a season ticket for over 15 years before deciding to jack it all in in 2008. I still support Arsenal and always will.

However it's like a smack addict. Sometimes a cold turkey is the best remedy. No one has yet to address the equation that if you can see Kroenke, Gazidis and Wenger are harming the club (and they are, the evidence is clear); what good does it do the club if there is no fear of consequences?

I support the Arsenal. And I want them to be successful again. I want them to be a team I can be proud of if at least they don't win. I don't mind no trophies so long as there is pride. But there is none. There are players openly stating they wear Spuds shirts.

You support your team warts and all. I supported Graham's team when it started going horrible. Don Howe was a bit of a disaster but I stuck by that Arsenal team because they had a backbone despite lacking skill. Rioch was hardly Rinus Michels was he? Despite rubbish like Glenn Helder the team still got my support and I'd go to Highbury every week.

The current lot are not Arsenal. They are a diaspora of mercenaries brought together to bleed the club dry. From the manager to the owner to the CEO to the players. No one gives a fuck about the shirt. That much is clear. So that is what you're paying for. It isn't a case of 'warts and all'.

'Warts and all' is seeing crap players like Steve Morrow and Colin Pates, knowing they are gash but continuing to get behind them because it's your club and you don't really have the capacity to go out and sign a Paul Ince.

The current situation is the worst I have ever known. A billionaire owner who won't afford fans basic communication. Even FSG Yanks at Liverpool showed more respect. A manager that talks to the fans in a disgusting way I've never seen any other Arsenal manager do. Players who are more detached and indifferent to the fans than any other Arsenal team of the past. I reckon ManYoo players (who have won everything) show more respect and affinity to their fans than Arsenal players.

So despite some people postulating that continuing to line Kroenke, Wenger and Gazidis' pockets makes them 'Supa-dupa fans' it does not.

Giving a smack addict £100 every Saturday, even though you want him to recover is not 'loyal'. It's harmful.

Just my opinion of course though....
:o
Ok, fair enough, if that's your view and it works for you then good luck to you.

From the opening post it just sounded like a 'JCL mentality' which you are so quick to beat others with because it sounded like you were spitting your dummy out over 6 Barron years, if you are Old Arsenal like you say then you would have seen far worse times than this and wouldn't be sulking because all you've known are 'good times'.

Augie, the money will never be cut off for the club by protest as like you say, there is a long Que waiting, all it is will be cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Arsenal is not Wenger/Kroenke, one day they will be gone, you wont be.

spawn_e_git

Re: SEASON TICKET RENEWALS 2012/13

Post by spawn_e_git »

Whilst I understand your point of view there are some things that don't stack up with your argument.
Babatunde wrote:Robin Van Persie will be gone next summer. He is 28 or so and can see he has wasted precious years of his careers surrounded by mediocre losers and an inept manager
Is RVP really that good? Is he a match winner week in week out? In my opinion he's not. He a good quality player with a glass skeleton that can go missing for entire games. If he was that good the vultures would already be circling for him.

He's good but he's not irreplaceable.
Babatunde wrote:How can you justify paying the most expensive ticket prices in world and European football for a team that will at best, be playing in the Europa League and that has zero chance of being competitive for any major trophies?
I can't! I sit down regularly watching games at home with my old man and when we discuss the cost, diving, cheating, crap ref's, none of it makes sense but when I put the shirt on just before I go to the station to meet my mates, I couldn't give a fuck about all that. I can get out, have a laugh (sometimes at the team) and blow off some steam.

If everything was about cost I should have has a vasectomy years ago because kids are a fucking waste of money not to mention a massive pain in the arse.
Babatunde wrote:I support the Arsenal. And I want them to be successful again. I want them to be a team I can be proud of if at least they don't win. I don't mind no trophies so long as there is pride. But there is none. There are players openly stating they wear Spuds shirts.
He's a cock of the highest order and I know it doesn't excuse it but Barn-Door was wearing an Arsenal shirt whilst playing for Citeh and we all pissed ourselves laughing about it. Pat Jennings, Sol Campbel and many other have played for Spuds. It's a shirt, get over it.

I'd rather concentrate on criticising him for being so inconsistent rather than what he wears in his own home.
Babatunde wrote:'Warts and all' is seeing crap players like Steve Morrow and Colin Pates, knowing they are gash but continuing to get behind them because it's your club and you don't really have the capacity to go out and sign a Paul Ince.
We can't buy Messi, Ronaldo, Pato or hold on to Cesc. What's the difference?
Babatunde wrote:I reckon ManYoo players (who have won everything) show more respect and affinity to their fans than Arsenal players.
Do you think Rooney did last year when his "I want to move" tantrum came out?

Jap Stam openly writing in his book about being told to cheat when playing in Europe.

Roy Keane calling them all "Prawn Sandwich Brigade"

I don't see the logic in coming on here and attacking others for what they spend their money on.

It's their prerogative to spend it on what they want.

If you think that Silent Stan will suddenly think "Hang on, there only 25,000 at each game now. I know what, I'll go out and pay £200m for Messi, Pato, Ronnaldo and Xavi" then I think your mistaken.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

spawn_e_git wrote: If everything was about cost I should have has a vasectomy years ago because kids are a fucking waste of money not to mention a massive pain in the arse.
You had a vasectomy via the Arse? :shock:

:wink:

spawn_e_git

Post by spawn_e_git »

Boomer wrote:
spawn_e_git wrote: If everything was about cost I should have has a vasectomy years ago because kids are a fucking waste of money not to mention a massive pain in the arse.
You had a vasectomy via the Arse? :shock:

Terribly painful. Was a few years ago. The medical staff were awful.

Nurse Ashley was constantly on his phone.

Matron Barn-door was always in front of the last man

Dr. Wenger saw nothing and just blundered around in the dark.

The medical team said I'd be OK in a few days as it was just a bit of swelling.

Five years later I still walk with a limp :cry:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

spawn_e_git wrote:Whilst I understand your point of view there are some things that don't stack up with your argument.
Babatunde wrote:Robin Van Persie will be gone next summer. He is 28 or so and can see he has wasted precious years of his careers surrounded by mediocre losers and an inept manager
Is RVP really that good? Is he a match winner week in week out? In my opinion he's not. He a good quality player with a glass skeleton that can go missing for entire games. If he was that good the vultures would already be circling for him.

He's good but he's not irreplaceable.
Babatunde wrote:How can you justify paying the most expensive ticket prices in world and European football for a team that will at best, be playing in the Europa League and that has zero chance of being competitive for any major trophies?
I can't! I sit down regularly watching games at home with my old man and when we discuss the cost, diving, cheating, crap ref's, none of it makes sense but when I put the shirt on just before I go to the station to meet my mates, I couldn't give a fuck about all that. I can get out, have a laugh (sometimes at the team) and blow off some steam.

If everything was about cost I should have has a vasectomy years ago because kids are a fucking waste of money not to mention a massive pain in the arse.
Babatunde wrote:I support the Arsenal. And I want them to be successful again. I want them to be a team I can be proud of if at least they don't win. I don't mind no trophies so long as there is pride. But there is none. There are players openly stating they wear Spuds shirts.
He's a cock of the highest order and I know it doesn't excuse it but Barn-Door was wearing an Arsenal shirt whilst playing for Citeh and we all pissed ourselves laughing about it. Pat Jennings, Sol Campbel and many other have played for Spuds. It's a shirt, get over it.

I'd rather concentrate on criticising him for being so inconsistent rather than what he wears in his own home.
Babatunde wrote:'Warts and all' is seeing crap players like Steve Morrow and Colin Pates, knowing they are gash but continuing to get behind them because it's your club and you don't really have the capacity to go out and sign a Paul Ince.
We can't buy Messi, Ronaldo, Pato or hold on to Cesc. What's the difference?
Babatunde wrote:I reckon ManYoo players (who have won everything) show more respect and affinity to their fans than Arsenal players.
Do you think Rooney did last year when his "I want to move" tantrum came out?

Jap Stam openly writing in his book about being told to cheat when playing in Europe.

Roy Keane calling them all "Prawn Sandwich Brigade"

I don't see the logic in coming on here and attacking others for what they spend their money on.

It's their prerogative to spend it on what they want.

If you think that Silent Stan will suddenly think "Hang on, there only 25,000 at each game now. I know what, I'll go out and pay £200m for Messi, Pato, Ronnaldo and Xavi" then I think your mistaken.
Mate. With all due respect you've got your wires terribly crossed. Cannot be arsed to go into every little point but instead will address the main errors here.

1. You make the classic fundamentalist absolutist argument of claiming that because I asked for players with passion, that I want Kroenke to spend £200 mil on Pato and Messi. No no no. 100% wrong. I even prefaced this by Clearly stating I wanted 'players with heart'. That costs nothing. I said I found it easier to get behind Colin Pates and Steve Morrow. You decided though, to claim I was after Messi and Pato.
It's like when Wenger decides to react to criticism that fans want better players by claiming we are hankering after £70 mil players. It's wrong and it's misleading.

2. You mention Sol Campbell and Pat Jenning having played for Spuds as mitigation for Diaby. There are several several things wrong with your analogy. First off, Sol and Jennings were both fantastic players for us.
Diaby is a c**t.
Jennings and Sol worked their arses off to prove their worth for the club and were laders. Diaby is a c**t.
Sol Campbell whilst playing for Spuds never admitted openly to wearing a Gooner top when at home. Jennings never admitted to such a thing either.
It's one thing playing for two different clubs, another entirely excusing some c**t who provides nothing for the club and admits to wearing Spud tops when wanking at home.

This is exactly the kind of apologetic mindset I feared, meaning that people will make ready excuses to excuse that c**t Diaby and cheer him on next time he steps out for us. Ask yourself how this dick is earning more than Modric and work out how much in wages he has earned form lying on a physio's table.

Then compare him to Jennings and Campbell again.

3. I never 'attacked' anyone. I was very clear in making the point 'it's your choice if you choose to line their pockets'. If that's attacking to you, then you would not want to see me in a foul mood.

4. The only point I can agree with you on is your final point about the respect showed by Arsenal players. That's subjective point. Then again think about the examples you used: Stam, Roy Keane and Rooney.
Now ask yourself what kind of quality players these were and ask yourself what they contributed to their respective clubs: that's right. They are/all have been great players who have virtually won everything there is to win at club level.
The difference is at Arsenal, you have c**s strutting around like Billy big-bollocks when they can't even take care of Brum in a League cup final!
At least Stam, Rooney and Keane earned the right to act like cocks. At least they gave their fans something back for their investment (trophies and success).

Ask yourself what Diaby, Song, Squillaci, Chamakh, Almunia, Fabianski, Rosicky and co have contributed to Arsenal's history to warrant their scandalous big-headed attitude?

Mentioning Jennings and Campbell in the same breath as Diabolical Diaby is an insult.
Fact is, 90% of the current squad, management and directors will go down as some of the biggest wankers to ever be associated with our great club and the past 3 years will be remembered as some of the most humiliating and shocking of Arsenal's past 30 years. Fact.

Worst start in 58 years, worst defeat in over 100 years, new PL record for chucking an unassailable lead, new CL record for attacking ineptitude, worst defensive record after a commensurate record of any Arsenal side of the past 70 years.

Still. Like I said, if you choose to pay through the nose for this then fair play to you....
8)

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

Babatunde wrote: Still. Like I said, if you choose to pay through the nose for this then fair play to you....
8)
So do you not go to any matches then? Not digging you out or anything I'm just trying to understand where all the anger comes from.

I think you do make some valid points but it just seems you are so hell bent on the Wenger out crusade you forget about the other side to football:

Having a beer with your mates
The Atmosphere of a midweek game
The actual elation a goal like Arshavin's against Barcelona brings
Shouting at Diaby
Etc...

Yes, we do have serious problems that need addressing.
Yes, we are joke of a defensive unit most games
Yes, the board are taking the piss

But if we all stopped going. If we all decided to jack it all in in protest etc... then we are just biting our noses off to spite our face. Why give up on the matchday experience? It's all we have left!

I go to whatever games I can and that wont change because I support The Arsenal.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

LeGinge (Northern Branch) wrote:
Babatunde wrote: Still. Like I said, if you choose to pay through the nose for this then fair play to you....
8)
So do you not go to any matches then? Not digging you out or anything I'm just trying to understand where all the anger comes from.

I think you do make some valid points but it just seems you are so hell bent on the Wenger out crusade you forget about the other side to football:

Shouting at Diaby
Etc...

But if we all stopped going. If we all decided to jack it all in in protest etc... then we are just biting our noses off to spite our face. Why give up on the matchday experience? It's all we have left!

I go to whatever games I can and that wont change because I support The Arsenal.
In the past year I have been to just one Arsenal game. The ManYoo game at home last season when we won 1-0 and that's because my ticket was a freebie.

I won't ever again pay into this, from a moral standpoint these days Arsenal embody everything that is wrong with excessive greed. It doesn't feel like my club anymore.
:cry:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Babatunde wrote:
8)

Shouting at Diaby
Etc...

In the past year I have been to just one Arsenal game. The ManYoo game at home last season when we won 1-0 and that's because my ticket was a freebie.

I won't ever again pay into this, from a moral standpoint these days Arsenal embody everything that is wrong with excessive greed. It doesn't feel like my club anymore.
But money generated from this forum goes to the club. Yet your still posting. :shock:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Boomer wrote:
Babatunde wrote:
8)

Shouting at Diaby
Etc...

But money generated from this forum goes to the club. Yet your still posting. :shock:

And money generated from your income tax goes towards the decimation of Baghdad. What's your point?

Maybe I should withdraw all my money from Barclays Bank since they were involved in providing loans to the apartheid government of South Africa....yeah, I'll move it to Lloyds instead....Oh ooops did Lloyds not fleece the taxpayer also? I know what I hate Usmanov too, I shall do what Red Action do and hold a massive protest march against him. I'll start by setting up a petition on Facebook....oh errrr....Usmanov has a major stake in that too!

Ok. I know what.

I'll move to the Hebrides, cut off my internet connection and walk around starkers with nothing but a picture of papa Wenger to keep me warm at night

:barscarf:

Babatunde wrote:
8)

Shouting at Diaby
Etc...

I know what you mean - I guess some people take it a little less personally than others.

I just happen to think that while, essentially, the result is the most important thing there is so much more that goes into the matchday experience and that's why fans / I continue to go. Let's face it - People turn up to watch any old shite (Wolves, Blackburn, Stoke etc...) 8) :lol: :wink:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

So whatever you do your still funding the Arsenal. :wink:

Boomer wrote:So whatever you do your still funding the Arsenal. :wink:
:lol:

Fuck it! Let's all go buy a Club Level season ticket and eat a £9 Cheeseburger!

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Now there's a point to protest about.
The lack of Ventilation in the lower tier and thus why the club can't serve chips downstairs!

You can get them upstairs
They even have a Sir Chips in club level
Why not downstairs? :evil:

We want Chips!
"Save Chips, don't let Sarah..." opps wrong protest.

Boomer wrote:

Now there's a point to protest about.
The lack of Ventilation in the lower tier and thus why the club can't serve chips downstairs!

You can get them upstairs
They even have a Sir Chips in club level
Why not downstairs? :evil:

We want Chips!
"Save Chips, don't let Sarah..." opps wrong protest.

Ha! Now that was a protest! I remember going to England V Finland at Anfield with our 'Save Chip' banner and T-Shirts :oops: