149th NLD - Sc*m Away

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
M-50

Post by M-50 »

No Oxlade- Chamberlain

NOT EVEN ON THE BENCH :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Nasri8

Post by Nasri8 »

Seeing the line-up just makes me feel worse about the game.

C'mon on Arsenal, just do these cu*ts :barscarf:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

M-50 wrote:Starting XI

Szczesny

Sagna Mertesacker Song Gibbs

Coquelin Arteta Ramsey

Walcott RVP Gervinho

:shock:
Fucking hell, will be interesting to see the Spurs side but you might struggle with that midfield. Song having to play centre back means the middle of the park looks very, very lightweight and I can see Spurs managing to dominate the midfield

M-50

Post by M-50 »

Subs:

Fabianski, Arshavin, Park, Santos, Jenkinson, Frimpong, Benayoun

Nasri8

Post by Nasri8 »

safcftm wrote:

Szczesny

Coquelin Arteta Ramsey

Walcott RVP Gervinho

Fucking hell, will be interesting to see the Spurs side but you might struggle with that midfield. Song having to play centre back means the middle of the park looks very, very lightweight and I can see Spurs managing to dominate the midfield
Van Der Vaart, Parker, Modric, Bale across the midfield.

antgel

Post by antgel »

safcftm wrote:

Szczesny

Coquelin Arteta Ramsey

Walcott RVP Gervinho

WHY THE FUCK IS FRIMPONG ON THE BENCH? :banghead: :banghead:

Wenger got this selection very wrong...

(Cue win. ;))

Nasri8

Post by Nasri8 »

M-50 wrote:Subs:

I'd rather have Ox on the bench than Arshavin tbh.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Its almost as if wenger is actively trying to do the worst job possible. Coquelin and no Ox? 4-3-3? Does he not learn?

COME THE FUCK ON ARSENAL.

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

what the fuck hapeens if song or per gets injured really we only have 1 fit cb very worrying

Post by 1989 »

Well done Wenger. Just threw the game away with that line up.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

M-50 wrote:Subs:

Hmm, with Song at centre back, I'd have been tempted to go for Arteta, Frimpong and Ramsey as the central players
Nasri8 wrote:
Van Der Vaart, Parker, Modric, Bale across the midfield.
Cheers- at least they only have 2 central midfield players i suppose and its good news that Huddlestone is out. They can still dominate the middle of the pitch imo but if they're going to, they'll need Parker to be at his very best. Trouble is, if your 3 central lads end up having to try and stay as a compact unit to stifle their 2, you're leaving the fairly weak Walcott and Gervinho (Walcott in particular) with no support and more importantly, it leaves the 2 of them having to do a lot of defensive work to avoid the full backs being exposed, and neither Walcott or Gervinho are exactly adept at supporting a full back. You really need the central players to assist with dealing with their wingers, but if one pulls out to do this, you could be left exposed in the middle again.

On the plus side, Walcott, Gervinho and RVP will cause them no end of problems and if they perform well, they might just be enough of a threat to stop Spurs wingers from really being able to get forward as they'll be having to double up on the arsenal attackers.

Really looking forward to this one, should be a cracking match between two sides who are set up very differently. Hope you fuck them.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

i just dont get the logic of not giving ox a place on the bench. if he's not good enough for a place on the bench in our less than spectacualr squad how in fucks name is he worth 12million quid?

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

TBH worrying about which mediocre player is going to replace which mediocre player is the equivalent of rearranging the Titanic deckchairs.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

TBH worrying about which mediocre player is going to replace which mediocre player is the equivalent of rearranging the Titanic deckchairs.
not when you're also playing a mediocre team. the margins are small.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

cameron326 wrote:
not when you're also playing a mediocre team. the margins are small.
This. For a game against Barcelona you could be forgiven for thinking "fuck it, we'll lose anyway", but this is going to be a very tight game and small decisions like who to play in central midfield and who to have as an option on the bench can end up deciding games