Any Yorkshire Based Gooners here?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Any Yorkshire Based Gooners here?

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:44 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:20 pm
markyp wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:57 pm
i was always told you cant be a true Arsenal supporter unless you live in London at least ,was imformed this by some lovely gooners cup final day 93 whilst having a pre final drinks in carnaby street before making our way to Wembley,they asked where we were from and we said Weymouth and one bloke said as he turned away 'not real supporters then?'charming,wonder what he'd make of our cultists in the far east?? probably have a seizure :shock:
Ignore that superfan horseshit. I've met plenty of fucking fairweather and part time fans from Islington. Once had a lad asking why non-local fans supported Arsenal and didn't support their "local" team - and he was from a part of Enfield closer to Shite Fart Lane than to Highbury! :oops: :lol:

Being closer to Shiite Hart Lane is irrelevant, and I am sure your just being a nob MOD as usual, where I live is just round the a406 from spud territory yet there are far more gooners here close to the Piccadilly line that have followed Arsenal for decades. Pretty obvious where you are coming from tbh.
You have a problem with the mods on here? Ok. Report us to the owner Mike1. But take this as a warning - one thing we don't have to put up with is personal abuse from posters. Next time you do it you get a week ban. After that it's a permanent ban.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:42 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
markyp wrote:
i was always told you cant be a true Arsenal supporter unless you live in London at least ,was imformed this by some lovely gooners cup final day 93 whilst having a pre final drinks in carnaby street before making our way to Wembley,they asked where we were from and we said Weymouth and one bloke said as he turned away 'not real supporters then?'charming,wonder what he'd make of our cultists in the far east?? probably have a seizure :shock:
Ignore that superfan horseshit. I've met plenty of fucking fairweather and part time fans from Islington. Once had a lad asking why non-local fans supported Arsenal and didn't support their "local" team - and he was from a part of Enfield closer to Shite Fart Lane than to Highbury! :oops: :lol:

Being closer to Shiite Hart Lane is irrelevant, and I am sure your just being a nob MOD as usual, where I live is just round the a406 from spud territory yet there are far more gooners here close to the Piccadilly line that have followed Arsenal for decades. Pretty obvious where you are coming from tbh.
You have a problem with the mods on here? Ok. Report us to the owner Mike1. But take this as a warning - one thing we don't have to put up with is personal abuse from posters. Next time you do it you get a week ban. After that it's a permanent ban.
Can I be the first to start the "nut flush for mod" campaign :barscarf: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Re: Any Yorkshire Puddings On Here?

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:17 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
markyp wrote:

Can I be the first to start the "nut flush for mod" campaign :barscarf: :lol:
And the last. :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
markyp wrote:

A warning really? You are beggining to sound like a North Korean dictator, with the way you carry on.

You chose to have a rant about people starting up multiple versions of the same topic, and yet seem quite happy to leave the St Georges day thread in the middle of Arsenal chat, when it has nothing to do with Arsenal really. Perhaps you don't want to upset some of the regs that might give you the bird if you did move it? If you are going to moderate, do it properly.

With regards to reporting you, if I had a small mind, I wouldn't think twice especially as I have spent hundreds of pounds on the fanzine down the years. Have a good collection that goes back well into the 90s.
I don't know many publications that would treat the hand that feeds them like this tbh.

Seriously get over yourself DB10, you act like you own the forum.
Last edited by nut flush gooner on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
markyp wrote:

A warning really? You are beggining to sound like a North Korean dictator, with the way you carry on.

You chose to have a rant about people starting up multiple versions of the same topic, and yet seem quite happy to leave the St Georges day thread in the middle of Arsenal chat, when it has nothing to do with Arsenal really. Perhaps you don't want to upset some of the regs that might give you the bird if you did move it? If you are going to moderate, do it properly.

With regards to reporting you, if I had a small mind, I wouldn't think twice especially as I have spent hundreds of pounds on the fanzine down the years. Have a good collection that goes back well into the 90s.
I don't know many publications that would treat the hand that feeds them like this tbh.

Seriously get over yourself DB10, you act like a little hitler and think you own the forum.
Do you honestly believe I (or anyone else on here) cares what you think? Really? The warning stands. Personal abuse will lead to a ban. That's the rules.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

You edited out your "Hitler" comment a little too late there huh? :oops: :lol:

nut flush gooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:53 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Seriously get over yourself DB10, you act like a little hitler and think you own the forum.
Do you honestly believe I (or anyone else on here) cares what you think? Really? The warning stands. Personal abuse will lead to a ban. That's the rules.
Ditto, I don't care what you think. But your moderating is shocking, as I have pointed out in my last post. You just proven my point about your dictatorial style, I can criticise your behaviour without using 3/4 letter words you know, it's really not that hard.

So explain why you haven't moved the St Georges Day thread? To scared to upset the applecart?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:54 pm
You edited out your "Hitler" comment a little too late there huh? :oops: :lol:
Well it is Springtime :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Ditto, I don't care what you think. But your moderating is shocking, as I have pointed out in my last post. You just proven my point about your dictatorial style, I can criticise your behaviour without using 3/4 letter words you know, it's really not that hard.

So explain why you haven't moved the St Georges Day thread? To scared to upset the applecart?
Look at you, demanding explanations from a mod. I don't have to explain anything to you. There are rules. We mod by those rules. If you don't like it, take it to the owner, Mike1 - see what he says. You can say what you want about my moderating but it's not a patch on your thread-killer posting style of just insulting anyone that disagrees with you. :roll: :lol:

I’m afraid you are typical of this modern phenomenon of the arrogant, yet cowardly anonymous, internet know-it-all spoofer, mate. You simply cannot stomach it when other people argue with you and prove you wrong (which, let’s be honest, is quite often) and instantly resort to personal insults, personal abuse and the good old fall-back position of misquoting. We have seen this time and again with you. Time and again. You have been spoken to on numerous occasions by myself and other mods for the personal insults and personal abuse you have aimed at other posters that disagreed with your pearls of wisdom and proved you wrong. So next time you post personal insults or personal abuse I’m banning you for a week. After that any repetition will lead to a permanent ban. None of the mods on here get paid to keep this place legal and operating but one thing we do not have to put up with is personal insults or personal abuse from any poster.

As for the online persona you are trying to create, surely you can see that it is just horseshit right? You are an expert cricketer and an expert gambler apparently, so good at gambling in fact that all the major bookies websites had to ban you for fear of going out of business…?? Dear God man, you can see that it’s all horseshit right? Because, honestly, if you can’t, then you probably need psychiatric help. :oops:

Seriously, time for you to cop on.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nothing like a good ole Battering when it comes to Yorkshire Pudding. :lol:

nut flush gooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:11 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Look at you, demanding explanations from a mod. I don't have to explain anything to you. There are rules. We mod by those rules. If you don't like it, take it to the owner, Mike1 - see what he says. You can say what you want about my moderating but it's not a patch on your thread-killer posting style of just insulting anyone that disagrees with you. :roll: :lol:

I’m afraid you are typical of this modern phenomenon of the arrogant, yet cowardly anonymous, internet know-it-all spoofer, mate. You simply cannot stomach it when other people argue with you and prove you wrong (which, let’s be honest, is quite often) and instantly resort to personal insults, personal abuse and the good old fall-back position of misquoting. We have seen this time and again with you. Time and again. You have been spoken to on numerous occasions by myself and other mods for the personal insults and personal abuse you have aimed at other posters that disagreed with your pearls of wisdom and proved you wrong. So next time you post personal insults or personal abuse I’m banning you for a week. After that any repetition will lead to a permanent ban. None of the mods on here get paid to keep this place legal and operating but one thing we do not have to put up with is personal insults or personal abuse from any poster.

As for the online persona you are trying to create, surely you can see that it is just horseshit right? You are an expert cricketer and an expert gambler apparently, so good at gambling in fact that all the major bookies websites had to ban you for fear of going out of business…?? Dear God man, you can see that it’s all horseshit right? Because, honestly, if you can’t, then you probably need psychiatric help. :oops:

Seriously, time for you to cop on.
You don't have to explain why you don't have any consistency in your moderating? Again you prove my point about your dictatorial style. I cannot get over the irony when you use the word arrogance.

Again you make a reference to gambling, showing how utterly clueless you are when it comes to this topic. What I do isn't gambling its using bookie promotions to extract value from placing bets on a bookmaker site followed by a lay bet on an exchange. If you are going to be nothing short of ignorant on this subject is it even worth discussing any further? As I told you in a previous thread I pointed someone in the right direction in terms of Matched Betting and by all accounts he had quite a good Cheltenham, I would do the same for anyone else who is curious about how it is possible give the bookies a good smacking. The consequence of this is yes they ban you from taking part in their promos and/or stake restrict you. If they didn't follow this course of action, then yes they would go broke. I don't know perhaps it's not possible to matched bet in Ireland, but don't try and make out that this technique isn't valid in the UK, there's tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands doing this right now.

With regards to personal abuse, if I see someone make an ignorant or borderline racist comment, and there's loads of them in the EU thread, then yes I will go at that individual. You call it a personal insult, I call it sticking up for decency.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This thread has become far more interesting than the title suggested it would :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:06 am
This thread has become far more interesting than the title suggested it would :barscarf:

And there's me thinking it was about Yorkshire Pudding :cry:

Where's the "Two Fat People Sat Eating Yorkshire Pudding" emoticon when we need one! :roll:

Maybe they are discusisng politics or explaining how to lay a bet? Though I would gamble on it

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:popcorn:

*This popcorn is made from Yorkshire Pudding.*

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:49 am

You don't have to explain why you don't have any consistency in your moderating? Again you prove my point about your dictatorial style. I cannot get over the irony when you use the word arrogance......

......With regards to personal abuse, if I see someone make an ignorant or borderline racist comment, and there's loads of them in the EU thread, then yes I will go at that individual. You call it a personal insult, I call it sticking up for decency.
I've edited your response for convenience but left the original in situ lest I be accused of misquoting.....

Once I moderate within the rules as laid down by the owner, which I do, then no I don't need to explain anything to you. As I've said if you have a genuine gripe with me or any mod you are free to complain to Mike1. I'm not worried. I know my modding is up to par, and have managed on a few occasions to keep this place not only legal but also open. I think you'll find my coin is good with the owners.

Onto your second point. The problem is not you having a go at someone the problem is you repeatedly lowering your responses to the lowest common denominator of name calling and personal abuse. That is against the rules.

Look (to quote Arsene) we can go back and forth here all day, which is just tedious, so best to leave it here. I've asked you to not post personal insults or personal abuse anymore and drop the abusive name calling. That includes posting same at mods. Is that too much to ask?