RVP

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
1962er

RVP

Post by 1962er »

Well, we all know it would happen, apart from Arsene Wenger, RVP will leave at the end of the season for whichever club will pay him the most money, be it Citeh or Chelski. Let's face it, he is a mercenary like the rest of footballers, none of them care about the clubs they play for, or the fans who support them, money is all that matters for 99.9% of them.

Wenger needs to get this sorted in January if possible. as when the season is over, we will have finished about mid table, and won nothing again, and will not look like doing so for many years. So, getting someone in then who is as good as RVP, or better, will be neigh on impossible.

Identically to when I started supporting Arsenal in 1962. I used to look forward to cup runs then, but we always lost in the early rounds. Peterboro away in 1965 anyone?

Two good things on the horizon: Djourou and Arshavin will also have one year left. The bad news; who on earth would buy the worst centre half ever in top flight football, and probably the laziest mid fielder? We will be left with both of them probably as no one will touch them with a barge pole.

The future looks extremely bleak, and a whopping at WHL at the week-end to come. This is the first time we have been worse than the Spuds since 1981, and the only other period of time was 1959-1968, but this appears to be changing now.

I hope I am wrong, but I do not think I will be.

King Vieira

Post by King Vieira »

I don't think van Persie would leave for money, I don't think he's like that.
However I think he will leave because of the lack of ambition thats being shown by the board and Highlord Wenger.
Also with all the shite players he surrounded by.

And tbh, he deserves better than that.

shu

Post by shu »

he will say he wants to win things and by coincidence Man City will offer him £200,000 per week rather than the £90,000 offered by us. Man City on the up and Arsenal not , so serioulsy do you think he would stay ?

In that position what would you do ?

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

There is already a RVP contract thread and two other RVP threads on the same page could this have been added to any if them???!

:banghead:

paperclip

Re: RVP

Post by paperclip »

1962er wrote:Djourou and Arshavin will also have one year left. The bad news; who on earth would buy the worst centre half ever in top flight football, and probably the laziest mid fielder?
I know it's not the main subject of your post, but I had to say, that is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read on here.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

hugh jardon wrote:There is already a RVP contract thread and two other RVP threads on the same page could this have been added to any if them???!

:banghead:
Have to agree. Locked.