Marseille away - Match and Travel Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

Marseille away - Match and Travel Thread

Post by MK Gould »

Anyone else on the 11.30 Ryanair flight on Wednesday out of Stansted? If so then maybe share a taxi into Marseille rather than slum it on the bus?

Also, anyone staying in the Novotel Marseille Vieux Port.....?

Dan_85

Re: Marseille away - Travel Thread

Post by Dan_85 »

MK Gould wrote:Anyone else on the 11.30 Ryanair flight on Wednesday out of Stansted?
Yes.
MK Gould wrote:anyone staying in the Novotel Marseille Vieux Port.....?
No.

8)

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

3 of us on that flight mate travelling from Luton! we are staying at the Citéa Marseille Saint Charles hotel which apparently is 100 yards from the main train station in Marseille

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Im travelling from Madrid to Marseille early tuesday if that helps. Staying in the Ibis, so i guess im no help to you :lol:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Where is everyone drinking before/after the game? Although not sure I fancy being held in some shed with no "facilities" for a few hours after getting on the beer because i will probably piss myself :lol:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Dan_85 wrote:Where is everyone drinking before/after the game? Although not sure I fancy being held in some shed with no "facilities" for a few hours after getting on the beer because i will probably piss myself :lol:
We're planning on getting to Stansted early and going straight to the lounge. Both of us can get in as part of the rewards on our bank accounts and we intend to make full use of the free bar/snacks before boarding..... I'll probably then just sleep for the rest of the afternoon :oops: ! Only downside is that it's supposed to be smart casual so I'll have to leave my jeans and football shirt in bag for later.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Dan_85 wrote:Where is everyone drinking before/after the game? Although not sure I fancy being held in some shed with no "facilities" for a few hours after getting on the beer because i will probably piss myself :lol:
Heard most people are heading for the "old port" area?? plenty of bars etc so will be giving that a go!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Heard most people are heading for the "old port" area?? plenty of bars etc so will be giving that a go!
Think that's near our posh hotel.... The nice part of Marseille! There is also a beach close by so hope the forecast is good. Might bring the speedos.... :D !

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

MK Gould wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
Think that's near our posh hotel.... The nice part of Marseille! There is also a beach close by so hope the forecast is good. Might bring the speedos.... :D !
Forecast up to Tuesday looks pretty good. Sunny, low to mid twenties :barscarf:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Try and not look at the source, but this is the best guide about. Maybe something we should do on this forum, thats if we remain in europe :oops:

http://redsaway.com/2011/02/marseille-t ... pub-guide/

Gooner Whitey

Post by Gooner Whitey »

on that 11.40 from stansted with a big group.

Looking forward to it - Also staying near the port just forgot the name of the hotel 8) - just remember it sounds french

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

jamjc64 wrote:Try and not look at the source, but this is the best guide about. Maybe something we should do on this forum, thats if we remain in europe :oops:

Question is can you get the metro after the game? Seems like differing opinions on the redsaway site.

Also, should be easier for us as definitely not taking 3000.....!

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

MK Gould wrote:
jamjc64 wrote:Try and not look at the source, but this is the best guide about. Maybe something we should do on this forum, thats if we remain in europe :oops:

Question is can you get the metro after the game? Seems like differing opinions on the redsaway site.

Says in the leaflet with the tickets that the metro will run after the game.

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Dan_85 wrote:
MK Gould wrote:

Says in the leaflet with the tickets that the metro will run after the game.

The metro website is showing departures from Rond point de prado into the center ( Saint charle ) at 23:51 and 00:03

n7gooner

Post by n7gooner »

I'm in the preimer classe hotel which is ment to be 10 mins from all the bars and clubs :barscarf: . Anyone on the 11.30 from stanstead on Monday?