anyone remember Colin Clarke? (1963-65)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AndyHam

Re: anyone remember Colin Clarke? (1963-65)

Post by AndyHam »

I came across this old thread when doing some research into photos I inherited when my dad died.

This is one of a collection taken by the Scottish Daily Express when Colin Clarke signed for Arsenal from Arthurlie.
My dad was manager of Arthurlie at the time. He is pictured here with Billy Wright and young Colin.

Arthurlie are what is known in Scotland as a Junior club. This doesn't mean they are a youth team. The juniors are similar to non league clubs in England. They are professional clubs operating in a league structure below the senior leagues hence the name Juniors. Many of the top Junior clubs are in fact better supported and arguably better teams than many of the clubs in the Scottish 2nd division.

Colin Clarke signs for Arsenal c1963 small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

He was a CB :rubchin: Does he still have his boots :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

AndyHam wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:42 pm
I came across this old thread when doing some research into photos I inherited when my dad died.

This is one of a collection taken by the Scottish Daily Express when Colin Clarke signed for Arsenal from Arthurlie.
My dad was manager of Arthurlie at the time. He is pictured here with Billy Wright and young Colin.

Arthurlie are what is known in Scotland as a Junior club. This doesn't mean they are a youth team. The juniors are similar to non league clubs in England. They are professional clubs operating in a league structure below the senior leagues hence the name Juniors. Many of the top Junior clubs are in fact better supported and arguably better teams than many of the clubs in the Scottish 2nd division.

Thanks for posting that mate. 8) I'm so fascinated by old Arsenal. Love to see the old photos and read about the club in years gone by.

If there are any other old Arsenal photos you'd like to post here, please do.

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:04 pm
AndyHam wrote:

Thanks for posting that mate. 8) I'm so fascinated by old Arsenal. Love to see the old photos and read about the club in years gone by.

Great picture mate

Hopefully the fella who started this thread gets to see the photo

DB have you read the Arsenal story by Tom Whittaker? It has some great pictures and it is a must read for anyone interested in Arsenal 1919 to 1956

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
AndyHam wrote:

Great picture mate

DB have you read the Arsenal story by Tom Whittaker? It has some great pictures and it is a must read for anyone interested in Arsenal 1919 to 1956
No Herbert it's probably one of the few I haven't read to date. Will hunt it down. Cheers!

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:40 pm
herbert wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
AndyHam wrote:

Great picture mate

No Herbert it's probably one of the few I haven't read to date. Will hunt it down. Cheers!
I just got it so only 5 chapters in but I have had to put it down because Modern Arsenal thursday cup bollox is calling :lol:

Good Ebening