Bolton in the Shit Cup - Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
bunch

Post by bunch »

I'm going, bought my season ticket seat.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

based on the squad for tonight I reckon the team could be:

Fabianski
Yennaris
Vermaelen (c) playing at left back?
Squillachi
Miquel
Frimpong
Coquelin
The Ox
Benayoun
Ryo
Park

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Did you come up with that yourself or just typing out one of the many 'in the know' predictions from certain bloggers?

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

The squad is on the club website

that is my idea of what the team will be so it is probably wrong!!

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Oh right, apart from Ryo that is the alleged team tonight according to someone who reckons they are in the know.

Macca

Post by Macca »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Oh right, apart from Ryo that is the alleged team tonight according to someone who reckons they are in the know.
Not Arsene Wenger then ??
:lol:

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Oh right, apart from Ryo that is the alleged team tonight according to someone who reckons they are in the know.
Yeah Jamie Sanderson from Youngguns. He usually gets stuff pretty accurate so I'd say his lineup he published is going to be the one for tonight.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Interesting to see Yennaris at right back.
With Sagna and Jenkinson injured, he could be needed if anything happens to Djourou.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

just a bit concerned that with Arshavin starting we won't really have anyone to come on towards the end of the game to win it for us if required.

mind you even if Chamakh was on the bench it probably wouldn't make much difference. most important tonight - that Park scores and makes sure of the number 2 striker position

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Fantastic - just had a call from a season ticket holder who actually bought his own seat and now can't be arsed to go. FFS.....£10 and people can't be arsed.

Thanks for that though.....I'll take the freebie to add to the Swansea, Bolton, Sunderland and Stoke ones.

As long as 40,000 odd folk keeping funding Kroenke Enterprises a year in advance every Summer, I'm almost guaranteed a seat for every match :D

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

SteveO 35 wrote:Fantastic - just had a call from a season ticket holder who actually bought his own seat and now can't be arsed to go. FFS.....£10 and people can't be arsed.

Thanks for that though.....I'll take the freebie to add to the Swansea, Bolton, Sunderland and Stoke ones.

As long as 40,000 odd folk keeping funding Kroenke Enterprises a year in advance every Summer, I'm almost guaranteed a seat for every match :D
to be fair, it's raining...

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

what the fuck has a bit of rain got to do with anything?????

I remember going to the wigan carling cup game in a blizzard last season.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

QuartzGooner wrote:Interesting to see Yennaris at right back.
With Sagna and Jenkinson injured, he could be needed if anything happens to Djourou.
Koscienly will move there when Vermaelen returns, I'm sure of it, both Wenger and Koscienly have already been vocal about him playing there in the past and being able to do it.

Djourou is a stop gap, no way will Koscienly sit on the bench when Vermaelen is back in favour of Djourou or some kid from the youth team.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

if Vermaelen plays on Sunday alongside Koascielny, Mertesacker and Santos we may have a chance on Sunday

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

Red Member wrote:what the fuck has a bit of rain got to do with anything?????

I remember going to the wigan carling cup game in a blizzard last season.
:lol: