RVP nominated for Ballon d'Or

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

rigsby wrote:He wont go to City, but Real/Barca will tempt him. I don't think it matters what we offered him in terms of wages.

Anyway well done Robin, a truely world class player who along with Silva have been the two bright spots in an otherwise shitty league.
Rigsby. That's the thing. It DOES matter what we offer him in wages. This is Wenger/Gazidis attitude

'We can't compete with wages at Citeh/Chelski so why even bother trying'.

No. It's curious how Wenger has that attitude but yet he earns £6.5 mil a year. Bizarre.

I think Arsenal should start paying proper wages to proper players, and stop paying c***. It's not fair imo to say 'it doesn't matter what we offer him' when stripping the weekly wages of:

1. Diaby
2. Chamakh
3. Denilson
4. Squillaci
5. Bendtner
6. Fabianski
7. Almunia

Those 7 alone would save Arsenal over £360,000k a week in wages!!!!

Arsenal are pissing away almost £400k a week in wages for players who either aren't at the club, don't want to be there, and never ever have a chance of playing....and we are claiming we cannot compete?!
:shock:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Babatunde wrote: Errr...how am I dsimissing RVP?
"[Cesc] single handedly-dragging mediocre Arsenal to 4th place"

that's dismissing Van persie's contribution, Surely? :? :oops: :lol: :wink:
Babatunde wrote:Is that your definition of dismissive? Because then I misunderstand the word then...
:banghead:
I guess you do misunderstand the definition of dissmissing, yes... :shock: :?

single handedly... on your own... by yourself... no help from others...??therefore, by default, that's surely dismissing the contribution of others? no? :?
Last edited by g88ner on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

Babatunde wrote:
rigsby wrote:He wont go to City, but Real/Barca will tempt him. I don't think it matters what we offered him in terms of wages.

Anyway well done Robin, a truely world class player who along with Silva have been the two bright spots in an otherwise shitty league.
Rigsby. That's the thing. It DOES matter what we offer him in wages. This is Wenger/Gazidis attitude

'We can't compete with wages at Citeh/Chelski so why even bother trying'.

No. It's curious how Wenger has that attitude but yet he earns £6.5 mil a year. Bizarre.

I think Arsenal should start paying proper wages to proper players, and stop paying c***. It's not fair imo to say 'it doesn't matter what we offer him' when stripping the weekly wages of:

1. Diaby
2. Chamakh
3. Denilson
4. Squillaci
5. Bendtner
6. Fabianski
7. Almunia

Those 7 alone would save Arsenal over £360,000k a week in wages!!!!

Arsenal are pissing away almost £400k a week in wages for players who either aren't at the club, don't want to be there, and never ever have a chance of playing....and we are claiming we cannot compete?!
:shock:
You don't know how much we are paying players (if at all) whilst out on loan - Man City might pay loads towards but i'd be very suprised if we do.

Wenger earned the right have a contract like that.

You don't think that Real Madrid would have offered him a bigger contract than Arsenal? It's because the salary is based on experience and achievements. Few managers in World football can compare - thus the salary.

I'm not going to go over what Wenger has done at the club because it's been covered many many times before.

I agree that money has been wasted on certain players but every team has a pool of players that people don't agree with. Ask any United fan and they can run off a list of players they don't like or want at the club (Michael Carrick? Johnny Evans?)

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Well done to him, if its being judged on this calendar year then his strike rate is up there with Messi and Ronaldo so deserves his nomination.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

I don't think it does given where we are. He'll want to win things, big things which he can't at Arsenal. So even if we plopped down 500k a week he'ld be off

flash gunner

Re: RVP nominated for Ballon d'Or

Post by flash gunner »

Babatunde wrote:Congratulations Robin. Thoroughly deserved. Reckon he'll definitely leave for Citeh or Madrid (more likely them) next summer. He wants to win the big prizes and fair play to him at his age especially. Top player, another one who's been let down by an incompetent manager...(see Cesc, Nasri).!
Exactly what i was saying the other day..... You cant just say well done RVP every post or thread has to be littered with anti Arsenal stuff too.

Your knowledge of Arsenal makes me think youre a Gooner but youve posted more anti Arsenal stuff than most united trolls that have posted on here

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:
Babatunde wrote: Errr...how am I dsimissing RVP?
"[Cesc] single handedly-dragging mediocre Arsenal to 4th place"

that's dismissing Van persie's contribution, Surely? :? :oops: :lol: :wink:
Babatunde wrote:Is that your definition of dismissive? Because then I misunderstand the word then...
:banghead:
I guess you do misunderstand the definition of dissmissing, yes... :shock: :?

single handedly... on your own... by yourself... no help from others...??therefore, by default, that's surely dismissing the contribution of others? no? :?

Not sure about dismissed - does sound and awful lot like the end to a saturday night to me.

:oops: :? :D

augie

Post by augie »

Percy Dalton wrote:How the fuck is Fabregas nominated?

:roll:

How the fcuk is van der fart nominated ?? :shock: :shock: :shock:
The guy is frequently injured for the scum and isnt even a regular for the dutch national side (or at least wasnt up to and inc last summers world cup)

ahandle

Post by ahandle »

well deserved RVP!

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Babatunde : I totally understand Cesc's inclusion - he dragged us to 4th last year (note : he played about 18 games)

A lot of the Online Gooner : He should not be included

Cesc himself "i dont know why im included, i hardly played last year"

Has the penny not dropped yet Babatunde? Just because you believe it and say it 15 times a day, in 15 threads do not make your opinions gospel.

You would not dream of speaking the way you do to people in person as you do on here, gain some maturity, gain some respect but above all - grow the fuck up.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

:popcorn:

:wink:

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

[quote="Bendtners Drinking Buddy"]Babatunde : I totally understand Cesc's inclusion - he dragged us to 4th last year (note : he played about 18 games)

A lot of the Online Gooner : He should not be included

Cesc himself "i dont know why im included, i hardly played last year"

Has the penny not dropped yet Babatunde? Just because you believe it and say it 15 times a day, in 15 threads do not make your opinions gospel.

You would not dream of speaking the way you do to people in person as you do on here, gain some maturity, gain some respect but above all - grow the fuck up.[/quote

Top post

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Babatunde wrote:Congratulations Robin. Thoroughly deserved. Reckon he'll definitely leave for Citeh or Madrid (more likely them) next summer. He wants to win the big prizes and fair play to him at his age especially. Top player, another one who's been let down by an incompetent manager...(see Cesc, Nasri).
RVP may well leave next summer.

But would either Cesc or Nasri have joined Arsenal in the first place if Wenger hadn't been our Manager....? And, although I'm sure it was a factor, did either of them truly leave because of the lack of trophies? Didn't Cesc leave because of an infactuation with his home town club and didn't Nasri leave for the money?

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

He will probably injure himself collecting it!!!
But on the bright side,it may put a couple of extra million on his value when he fucks off to Man City!!!

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

flash gunner wrote:
Babatunde wrote:Congratulations Robin. Thoroughly deserved. Reckon he'll definitely leave for Citeh or Madrid (more likely them) next summer. He wants to win the big prizes and fair play to him at his age especially. Top player, another one who's been let down by an incompetent manager...(see Cesc, Nasri).!
Exactly what i was saying the other day..... You cant just say well done RVP every post or thread has to be littered with anti Arsenal stuff too.

Your knowledge of Arsenal makes me think youre a Gooner but youve posted more anti Arsenal stuff than most united trolls that have posted on here
I'll ask you the question again, because it consistently amazes me that it sails over your head: since were you the bloody philosophical arbiter of Arsenal-related happiness? What gives you the right to tell me how my views on Arsenal need to be tempered? Do you understand the meaning of a free and democratic society?

If you don't, I will pay for your one-way ticket to China myself....

I am entitled to analyse things as I see fit. You are in no position at all, to be telling me how to temper my analysis. I don't give a toss if you think my comments on RVP aren't 'positive' enough. Yes there's a hint of cynicism in my comments.

But what the hell makes you think it is 'anti Arsenal'?

Anti-Arsenal would be me saying Arsenal FC are a bunch of c****, followed by a bunch of c***.

I don't say that. I said RVP is a class player, who has been badly let down by a clown of a manager, and we will almost certainly lose him next summer as a result of that managerial incompetence. I said the same about Cesc, remind me how that worked out again?

I'll say whatever I like, you can carry on with your Stasi-like punctillious analysis of it. I don't care if I turn you into an AKB. Go ahead, make my day...pffffft....
:roll: