Goetze saga

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Goetze saga

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Rumbles in Europe say this kid is on his way to Arsenal.

Metro, Mail and L'equipe have shown this story as major....

Now I know this has been discussed and I am sorry if it adds to Number 5's opinion of the forum being shit, but this kid is bloody special and I want him signed in January ASAP.....with this addition the second half of the season could be very exciting.......

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Never seen him play (apart from against us) so can only really go on reputation, but if he's as good as people are saying, then how on earth can Arsenal expect to beat off the inevitable competition from the likes of Real Madrid, Citeh, Inter, ManUre, etc. and secure his signature??

I know we have the money in the bank, but our history of transfer dealings over the years make it hard to believe that there's anything concrete to it as the transfer fees often quoted for the lad in the media are HUGE! :shock:

Fingers crossed, though - the club needs a lift.

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

The boy is a hell of a wide midfielder, amazing crosses and he cuts in so well to finish.. If we snatch him this january it would be a massive boost to the offensive side of our game. And since that's about the only side we have, got to make it lethal as fuck

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

RioGooner wrote:The boy is a hell of a wide midfielder

well if he's on the chubby side we should probably not sign him, we already have santos and arshavin

augie

Post by augie »

Think I vaguely remember being told that he was signing on the last transfer deadline day :? :hmmthink: :heads: :wink:

Seriously though I can only pretty much echo what g88ner has said in that I have only got that one game against us to judge him on although I will say that he looked very impressive that night imo. I too have serious doubts that he will sign for us if he is as good as we are led to believe and if he is coveted by europe's big clubs as well unless he see's us as a stepping stone although I obviously hope I am wrong on that.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

£50m according to the Daily Mail is what we are going to bid :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

storrmin571 wrote:£50m according to the Daily Mail is what we are going to bid :shock:

Dont know whether to laugh or cry at this - on one hand the thought of us spending even half that amount on one player seems woefully far fetched but on the other hand it would be typical if we did spend a ridiculous amount of money on one player when we could buy 2 or 3 quality players for that amount that would actually make the team much stronger :roll:
Obviously unlikely to be true though

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

storrmin571 wrote:£50m according to the Daily Mail is what we are going to bid :shock:
:coffeespit: £50 mill.........
With our track record in the market!!!!

Jacky Wilshere

Post by Jacky Wilshere »

The article actually says that Wenger will spend a large chunk of the 50 million transfer budget on Goetze,with the paper reporting that the fee is likely to be around the 20 million mark.

augie

Post by augie »

Jacky Wilshere wrote:
The article actually says that Wenger will spend a large chunk of the 50 million transfer budget on Goetze,with the paper reporting that the fee is likely to be around the 20 million mark.

Bloody welsh.....if they spent less time shagging sheep they might actually be able to read the articles correctly :wink: :lol:

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

And I heard were getting Marvin Martin, M'Villa, Hazard and this fella. Should be a special january. If we keep our current form up and sign then in Janauary we WILL win the league. woo hoo.

This will not be a false dawn as those that have come before.

coo coo ga ga.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

And we're getting Messi on a free. You heard it here first 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gunner_ace wrote:And I heard were getting Marvin Martin, M'Villa, Hazard and this fella. Should be a special january. If we keep our current form up and sign then in Janauary we WILL win the league. woo hoo.

This will not be a false dawn as those that have come before.

coo coo ga ga.
If you had to guess which one of those four will actually join, I wonder who it could be..............

.......bonjour Monsieur Martin :D

None of the others available at "the right price"

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
RioGooner wrote:The boy is a hell of a wide midfielder

well if he's on the chubby side we should probably not sign him, we already have santos and arshavin

:lol: :lol:

I too would rather see a LB that could defend and not be fat and a defensive mid to bench Song. As that won't happen and we can just as easily be out of the top 4 by the end of january I wouldn't doubt a marquee signing so much.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Wenger's been priced out of the Hazard deal so I think he will go for Goetze, and he has to go for him in January because we won't be in the CL next season so Wenger knows any decent signings will have to be made this January, so for once, I DO expect us to make a couple of signings.

However, if we lose to Dortmund at home in the CL and end up not qualifying then guess what? We won't be signing ANY decent players, for some considerable time!!