NORWICH GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Demun210 wrote:That fat tosser Grant Holt can piss off for being a diving prick.
He was going down faster than a whore in a dutch brothel...diving pussie of afuckofacunt :banghead:

We HAVE TO GET RID OF Song and Mertesacker...they are TOTALLY INEPT and a FECKIN' LIABILITY...Wenger's always going on about statistics...well Song's pass completion score today must be feckin' ZERO and merte well - he can just FUCKOFF! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Take a deep breath, yes he was poor but he made the winning goal.

Sometimes its too easy to look for the negative.
No! he WAS NOT 'poor' he was abyssmal and is NOT good enough to play for The Arsenal....this isn't a one off....his ability to give the ball away id matched only by squillaci.....

song = fuckin' useless :banghead:
You don't have to convince me, I think he's shit but you can't make a stupid comment about his pass completion as a negative when his one good pass won the game.

If he plays shit every week but sets up the winning goal every week then you kind of got to cut him some slack, he needs to go but today he played his part.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Demun210 wrote:That fat tosser Grant Holt can piss off for being a diving prick.
He was going down faster than a whore in a dutch brothel...diving pussie of afuckofacunt :banghead:

We HAVE TO GET RID OF Song and Mertesacker...they are TOTALLY INEPT and a FECKIN' LIABILITY...Wenger's always going on about statistics...well Song's pass completion score today must be feckin' ZERO and merte well - he can just FUCKOFF! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

No! he WAS NOT 'poor' he was abyssmal and is NOT good enough to play for The Arsenal....this isn't a one off....his ability to give the ball away id matched only by squillaci.....

You don't have to convince me, I think he's shit but you can't make a stupid comment about his pass completion as a negative when his one good pass won the game.

If he plays shit every week but sets up the winning goal every week then you kind of got to cut him some slack, he needs to go but today he played his part.

I haven't made a stupid statement!...

but if you want to start throwing insults and accusations bring it on... :roll:

He Does NOT set up the winning goal every week - otherwise I wouldn't criticise him....he is inconsistent ... when Good he's very good...but that's so far between the times when he just doesn't play at the level required...I had very High Hopes of him turning into a top class Mid-fielder - oh how I wish!!!!...but he just 'coasts along' and fucks up more times that he succeeds...

I really didn't know there was something called a Dumbassosauruss ! :D :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Obviously most of those that played well and poorly have already been mentioned but I would like to add the following -

tv5 was immense in the air today but looked shaky when they attacked on the deck :o

Ramsey for me must do nothing except fancy flicks when on international duty - the amount of stupid attempted flicks and backheels he tried today, esp in the first half, was fcuking ridiculous

santos was for me, rvp aside, man of the match 8) His timing in the tackle was immense again today and he won header after header when they clearly thought he would be the weak link aerially.

Rvp's finishing and all round play has no equal anywhere at the mo and without him we will be well and truly fcuked

Finally one player stood out more than any other today......yes step forward gervinho cos your absolute shitiness shone out like a beacon :roll: Have said it before but will say it again gervinho isnt even related to a footballer :evil: :evil:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

nexum5me wrote:thank fuck. i was F5-ing this thread whilst waiting for that last free kick of theirs to be taken, each time desperatelyhoping it wouldn't be suddenly full of "fuck sake!" posts (i'm watching on a stream)
Glad i'm not the only one that does that :lol:

RvP, Theo & TV excellent today. Mertesacker nervy but did OK i thought aside from the obvious, crucial fuck up. Gervinho's final ball & finishing was absolutely woeful, some of the worst i've seen in a while. We need to work on being more clinical, I don't know how any team can squander the amount of chances we did today.

Shoulda had the game sewn up before half time, but 3pts is 3pts. It's a long, depressing weekend if you lose the Saturday lunchtime game. :lol:

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:Obviously most of those that played well and poorly have already been mentioned but I would like to add the following -

tv5 was immense in the air today but looked shaky when they attacked on the deck :o

Ramsey for me must do nothing except fancy flicks when on international duty - the amount of stupid attempted flicks and backheels he tried today, esp in the first half, was fcuking ridiculous

santos was for me, rvp aside, man of the match 8) His timing in the tackle was immense again today and he won header after header when they clearly thought he would be the weak link aerially.

Rvp's finishing and all round play has no equal anywhere at the mo and without him we will be well and truly fcuked

Finally one player stood out more than any other today......yes step forward gervinho cos your absolute shitiness shone out like a beacon :roll: Have said it before but will say it again gervinho isnt even related to a footballer :evil: :evil:
Santos is a great player.

Mertesacker was terrible today, but I don't expect to see the best of him until next year to be honest.

Vermaelen is fucking world class. Best CB in the league by a mile.

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

Dan_85 wrote:
nexum5me wrote:thank fuck. i was F5-ing this thread whilst waiting for that last free kick of theirs to be taken, each time desperatelyhoping it wouldn't be suddenly full of "fuck sake!" posts (i'm watching on a stream)
Glad i'm not the only one that does that :lol:
:lol: :lol:

i thought koscienly had a good game today too at right back. glad we've got options there all of a sudden

Juan

Post by Juan »

I thought Arteta was very good today.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote: He was going down faster than a whore in a dutch brothel...diving pussie of afuckofacunt :banghead:

I haven't made a stupid statement!...

but if you want to start throwing insults and accusations bring it on... :roll:

He Does NOT set up the winning goal every week - otherwise I wouldn't criticise him....he is inconsistent ... when Good he's very good...but that's so far between the times when he just doesn't play at the level required...I had very High Hopes of him turning into a top class Mid-fielder - oh how I wish!!!!...but he just 'coasts along' and fucks up more times that he succeeds...

I really didn't know there was something called a Dumbassosauruss ! :D :wink:
Well done for proving my point about stupidity, I didn't say he sets up the winning goal every week, the if sort of gives it away.

Back in your box Dopey.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Szchezny had fuck all to do, apart from a few long ranch free kicks and did well

Koscienly played well at RB, and is a proper defender, Jenkinson and Sagna more of attacking RB

Santos - looks good going forward and should be our no 1 LB - needs to work on his fitness and defencive responsibilites

Vermaelen - He is our best defender by a mile, cool, composed and we need him fit for every game

Mertesacker - at the moment make's me nervous, he' body strenghth is poor and so is he's passing - but hopefully he could be a proper defender next season

Arteta - another dissapointing display, games are passing him by and will be under threat when Wilshire is fit and simple can't run

Ramsey - bit like Arteta, but get's involved, but lacks pace and can be careless, but good passing range

Song - did well, and i would put him in the team ahead of Arteta, Diaby or frimpong anyday but just like Ramsey and Arteta lacks real pace and looks slow

Walcott - Typical walcott, one minute he looks class, i'e setting up first goal, but then can disappear for 20 mins

RVP - Best striker in the PL at the moment, and even when he misses still has confidence to do things - how long will he remain, who knows

Gervinho, more direct and more of a threat than Asrhavin or Chamakh, but for me still lacks confidence in front of goal and could easily had 2 or 3 for himself today

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Rosie_titters wrote: Walcott - Typical walcott, one minute he looks class, i'e setting up first goal, but then can disappear for 20 mins
Typical Walcott? :?

Wingers often "disappear" during games, it's difficult not to - but, during those disappearing spells, he actually works hard for the team, so it's not like when Arshavin "disappears", it's just that he's not terrorising the opposition.

In any case, if that performance becomes "typical Walcott" then I'll be pretty happy, to be honest. He was a real threat today.

There's obviously room for improvement, but credit to the lad for a very good performance.

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

God, people must be watching a different game. Arteta had a good game? Thought today he was awful. Song may have set the winner up but should have laid Gervinho, instead gave an average ball to an outstretched RVP who finished superbly.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote: Walcott - Typical walcott, one minute he looks class, i'e setting up first goal, but then can disappear for 20 mins
Typical Walcott? :?

Wingers often "disappear" during games, it's difficult not to - but, during those disappearing spells, he actually works hard for the team, so it's not like when Arshavin "disappears", it's just that he's not terrorising the opposition.

In any case, if that performance becomes "typical Walcott" then I'll be pretty happy, to be honest. He was a real threat today.

There's obviously room for improvement, but credit to the lad for a very good performance.
:high5:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I thought TV5 was superb today, especially as he was having to cover for the awful 'sacker half the time! RVP....enough said. I also thought Kos looked very solid and Theo had a good game, I thought Arteta did well on the defence side, not so good going forward.
Bad points.....obviously the Sack, slow and lightweight. Song was fucking dire again, I don't care that he managed to provide one decent pass, he will cost more goals than he will provide this season, nowhere near good enough! Gervinho is so frustrating, gets into great positions and then shits himself and hides behind his forehead!

Delighted to get the 3 points, we really needed that today as Norwich are worse than us defensively. Rather worrying that we are a one man team though.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Walcott had a good game, his final ball was much better and he wasn't shy at getting back, don't understand the Arteta comments either, he's sitting in midfield trying to keep things ticking over, what exactly do you expect him to play like? Sneijder? Van Der Vaart? Messi?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I think we looked a real threat on both wings today, Theo to be fair was very unlucky with that goal line clearance, and cromagnon got into some great positions although he fluffed a couple of chances but the goals will come I'm sure.

Even at one down we looked confident that we'd score at least two.

On this form, I definitely think we can catch chelski and maybe even manyoo as neither are impressing me at the mo.