FRIMPONG TO GO ON LOAN?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

SHOULD FRIMPONG GO ON LOAN?

YES - FOR REST OF SEASON
26%
YES - UNTIL MARCH
12%
YES _ UNTIL END OF DECEMBER
9%
NO
44%
DEEEEEENNNNNNCH!!!!!!!
9%

Total votes: 34

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We were in a different position with Wilshere. Cesc and Nasri were still here in the more advanced midfield roles, plus we had Rosicky, Diaby, Arshavin all fit and Song cementing the CDM role.

We couldn't accomodate Wilshere the year he went to Bolton. With Frimpong, he is likely to get quite a lot of game time here unless the GIC is going to add a player in the CDM role in Jan (yeah right)

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Yes but we have Song, Ramsey, Rosicky and Coquelin who are rotatingly playing deep central midfield roles at the moment, so we could afford to send Frimpong on loan for a few months provided we had a recall clause.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

SteveO 35 wrote:We were in a different position with Wilshere. Cesc and Nasri were still here in the more advanced midfield roles, plus we had Rosicky, Diaby, Arshavin all fit and Song cementing the CDM role.

We couldn't accomodate Wilshere the year he went to Bolton. With Frimpong, he is likely to get quite a lot of game time here unless the GIC is going to add a player in the CDM role in Jan (yeah right)
SteveO your love of Diaby really has gone too far.The words Diaby and fit in the same sentence.

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bergkamp-Genius wrote:Maybe we should keep Frimpong and send Song away... far, far away. Forever.
Fixed that for ya! :wink:

:lol:

Thats not far off what i was going to write as it goes... i just didn't want to rile up the Song posse or the Swale triplets too much :D :wink: ...

Never Outgunned

Post by Never Outgunned »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote: Only issue is he'll probably be off to the African Nations in Jan.
Did he pick Ghana then?

I thought he was still considering his options between England and Ghana

Bergkamp-Genius

Never Outgunned wrote:
Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote: Only issue is he'll probably be off to the African Nations in Jan.
Did he pick Ghana then?

This sort of thing makes me die and i suppose it's indicative of the modern day footballer....the guy isn't even a regular at club level and yet is deciding which national team he will grace with his presence...

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Bergkamp-Genius wrote:
Never Outgunned wrote:
Did he pick Ghana then?

This sort of thing makes me die and i suppose it's indicative of the modern day footballer....the guy isn't even a regular at club level and yet is deciding which national team he will grace with his presence...
me too...but an indictment of the concentration of these type of players at fewer and fewer clubs... :?

Bergkamp-Genius

arseofacrow wrote:
Bergkamp-Genius wrote:
Never Outgunned wrote:
Did he pick Ghana then?

me too...but an indictment of the concentration of these type of players at fewer and fewer clubs... :?

Not so long ago, young players unless they were ultra special, which he certainly isn't, would have to be a regular in the first team for a few years before there would even be a thought of which international team they might play for....
Now the bastards not only are telling people what international team they are going to play for but also going to the club asking for star wages before they have even proven they are good enough to be a regular in the first team.... :x

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Bergkamp-Genius wrote: This sort of thing makes me die and i suppose it's indicative of the modern day footballer....the guy isn't even a regular at club level and yet is deciding which national team he will grace with his presence...
These "modern day footballers" don't get much right, do they? :lol:

I get your point BG (sort of), but I think it's a tad harsh to criticise Frimpong in this situation.

The Ghana FA president said...

“Yesterday we met him after the game at Fulham at a hotel. He wants to play for Ghana. We have to apply to Fifa now – send them the documentation and wait. It is out of my hands how long they will take, but with my experience [of these matters] I expect no longer than three months and it will probably be shorter than that."

Now, if Ghana want Frimpong to play for them and Frimpong wants to play for Ghana, then what exactly is wrong with discussing it between them and then applying to FIFA so that it can be made possible? and how is that logic and completely reasonable step "indicative of a modern day footballer"? :?

I guess your point is, he shouldn't be thinking about international football... but, erm... why not? if Ghana want him and he wants Ghana, then it's normal.

As for "deciding which national team he will grace with his presence..." - well, that's very harsh. He's not being arrogant or big headed, he's just going through the formalities that will allow him to play for the country he feels attached to... therefore, he's not auctioning off his talent or anything of the sort... no, he's going with his heart.

Don't see a problem with his behaviour, to be honest... unless I'm missing something, that is.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:
Bergkamp-Genius wrote: This sort of thing makes me die and i suppose it's indicative of the modern day footballer....the guy isn't even a regular at club level and yet is deciding which national team he will grace with his presence...

I get your point BG (sort of), but I think it's a tad harsh to criticise Frimpong in this situation.

“Yesterday we met him after the game at Fulham at a hotel. He wants to play for Ghana. We have to apply to Fifa now – send them the documentation and wait. It is out of my hands how long they will take, but with my experience [of these matters] I expect no longer than three months and it will probably be shorter than that."

Now, if Ghana want Frimpong to play for them and Frimpong wants to play for Ghana, then what exactly is wrong with discussing it between them and then applying to FIFA so that it can be made possible? and how is that logic and completely reasonable step "indicative of a modern day footballer"? :?

I guess your point is, he shouldn't be thinking about international football... but, erm... why not? if Ghana want him and he wants Ghana, then it's normal.

As for "deciding which national team he will grace with his presence..." - well, that's very harsh. He's not being arrogant or big headed, he's just going through the formalities that will allow him to play for the country he feels attached to... therefore, he's not auctioning off his talent or anything of the sort... no, he's going with his heart.

Don't see a problem with his behaviour, to be honest... unless I'm missing something, that is.
aacchhh, g88ner...you just don't get it mate.

:lol: :roll: :wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

arseofacrow wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Oh....:( :goingtobed:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Oh....:( :goingtobed:

Here's the thing...Frimpomg is young, talented and has his whole life in front of him.

I don't really need to do "on the other hand", do I?

:oops: :lol:

Bergkamp-Genius

g88ner wrote:

Yeah i suppose considering the quotes you put up suggesting Ghana are pressing for a decision, which i wasn't aware of, then that puts this case in a slightly different light...But i still say it's a little bit presumptious to assume he will have the choice to play for England when he isn't even good enough to play for his club yet and may never be good enough...He shouldn't have to make a choice at all he should know who he wants to play for and if that country offers he should accept.. The whole idea of him deciding who he is going to play for just doesn't come across too well especially when he doesn't actually have a choice, he either wants to play for Ghana or he doesn't...

I still stand by my point there are far too many young players in this country that the minute they are attached to a top club whether it be still in the youth team or still in the reserves they perceive themselves as having made it or being top players and act, speak and are treated accordingly...
But the reality is they have just got on to the bottom of the ladder and have still to do the hard work to climb that ladder and those around them should be making them well aware of that rather than inflating their egos before their careers have really begun...

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Some players never have to choose nationality as they have all their grandparents and parents from one country and that is that...unless of course you were Irish(ish) under Jack Charlton :D

But for an increasing number of young European players they do have to make a choice...and if they want to make that choice at 18 then so what?
Does not bother me in the slightest.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Frimpong would be better at Ghana, he won't get much play time in an England shirt IMO.

Anyway, Frimmers on loan? A very tough call. I like his combative spirit and he could be a great boost to the squad in the situation that Song gets hurt or has to drop into CB. However, loans are great for players to get more first team action. I wouldn't have a problem putting him in with a Prem team facing relegation. Could be a good experience for him. That or West Ham.

Pretty torn on this one.