THe Best Player in the Premier League

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Silva has the luxury of playing with some of the best players in the World, van Persie had the misfortune of playing with average toilet, therefore Babatarde is wrong, van Persie is better.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Chamakh!! 8) :lol: :lol: :wink:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Got to be David Silva.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Silva has the luxury of playing with some of the best players in the World, van Persie had the misfortune of playing with average toilet, therefore Babatarde is wrong, van Persie is better.
RVP will be in the same position next season when he joins Citeh.At the moment Silva is better

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:I was being sarcastic Baba....Bale is a big eared C U N T
:lol: :lol: :lol: Head. Straight over. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

On Current form this season - RVP :barscarf:

Over the last 3 or 4 seasons - Cesc :barscarf: and Wigfield :cry:

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

I don't think you can say one player is better than another if they play different positions or different styles, you can only compare like for like..also you can't really judge who is the best in the prem on ten games you would need to see them over longer than that...

From the games played so far this season undoubtedly Silva has been the most impressive creative midfielder and i would say Rvp and Aguerro are pretty close for the best striker so far this season...But if it came down to the acid test of who you would want in your team if you could take your pick from anyone in the premier, my first choice would be Yaya Toure followed by Silva followed by Rooney followed by Aguerro...

I thought Yaya was a top notch powerful DCM that could also make a quality CB if necessary, but since he has been at Citeh he has shown he has not only got those abilities but is also an excellent attacking midfielder. The guys got it all, for me he is probably the best all round midfielder in the world at the moment...

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Peeman wrote:On Current form this season - RVP

Over the last 3 or 4 seasons - Cesc and Wigfield
Wig field?

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

SWLGooner wrote:
Peeman wrote:On Current form this season - RVP

Over the last 3 or 4 seasons - Cesc and Wigfield
Wig field?
rooney :?:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Silva at the top of his game right now.

Aguerro is very exciting.

RvP the hottest goalscorer of the season.

Kompany possibly most in form defender?

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Silva has the luxury of playing with some of the best players in the World, van Persie had the misfortune of playing with average toilet, therefore Babatarde is wrong, van Persie is better.
Comedy gold. An opinion is now wrong is it! Ha ha. Kevin Phillips scored over 30 league goals playing in a shocking Sunderland side. Therefore by your logic, he must be better than Van Basten. Ha ha ha.

You crack me up, brilliant...
:lol:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Controversial this, but I'd take Aguero ahead of RVP if offered now. Reason? Aguero better with both feet, better fitness record, more pace and more strength imo. Think RVP better goal-getter now but rate Aguero as the better striker. Think Aguero is more capable of winning a match with sthg out of nothing than RVP is personally. Bit super strikers though...

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

On current form, Silva is the best creative player and RvP the best striker for me. Best defender? Tough to call. I'd put Szczesny in with a good shout as best keeper too.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Shocking thing to say again but on current form, I have Friedel down as the best keeper in the league. Sickening to say it, but he seems to be the most reliable and solid keeper in the league right now....

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Babatunde wrote:
Comedy gold. An opinion is now wrong is it! Ha ha. Kevin Phillips scored over 30 league goals playing in a shocking Sunderland side. Therefore by your logic, he must be better than Van Basten. Ha ha ha.

You crack me up, brilliant...
:lol:
Only yours Babatarde.

Van Persie is at the top of his game and the no 1 striker for one of the top 3 countries in the World, not quite Kevin Phillips but can see what you tried to do there.

It's like comparing Chalk and Cheese or Brad Friedal to a World Cup Winner like, erm, Pepe Reina. He he he....

Try and keep the reply short please.