THe Best Player in the Premier League

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babatunde

THe Best Player in the Premier League

Post by Babatunde »

Was having this discussion with a fellow Gooner. Can anyone, anyone, disagree with the point that David Silva is head and shoulders above every other player in the division?

It's scary how good the lad is, and to think he doesn't even get in the Spain team (like Fabregas) is just unreal. Citeh are mugs but Silva cost them £20 mil. That is an absolutely wonderful deal because imo, he is worth about twice that now, superb player.

I reckon he is in a league of his own, and then after him I would say it's a toss-up between Van Persie and Rooney.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Ain't seen him play this season so can't say.

Got to be Gareth Bale for me....legend

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

I think Bale is actually an excellent player (to think we got the wrong kid from Southampton!!! Arsene Knows :roll: )....

But I don;'t think he is anywhere near Silva's level personally. I'd say Bale is in the top 10 players in the league for sure (he's PFA POTY after all) but no chance is he near Silva's, or even Mata's quality for me.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

I was being sarcastic Baba....Bale is a big eared C U N T

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Yeah, as far as creative players go, David Silva looks head and shoulders above the competition.

Can't see any arguments surfacing in this thread, tbh :lol:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

One of those players who just oozes class. Top top player and you're right, at £20m an absolute steal

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:I was being sarcastic Baba....Bale is a big eared CHIMPANZEE C U N T
There fixed that for ya's Sammy! :wink:

SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

I think Suarez is playing really well (and he upset Evra), Aguero and Yaya Toure have been excellent but for me it's RvP ahead of Silva.

Silva has looked good in a top quality team/squad while RvP's goalscoring would be exceptional in any team at any time, let alone one that's been struggling and is carrying some mediocre first teamers.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Garett Bale peels bananas with his feet........FACT!!

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

g88ner wrote:Yeah, as far as creative players go, David Silva looks head and shoulders above the competition.

Can't see any arguments surfacing in this thread, tbh :lol:
I'm sure someone will find a way!!!!
:barscarf:

In an ideal world mate, for the creative void I would sign Goetze because I think he unifies the creative skill with a ridiculous eye for goal. He's also stupidly fast in possession of the ball, he'd kill so many players in the league. Just think there is 0 chance of him ever joining!

Therefore I would like to see Christian Eriksen, the young Dane from Ajax join us. Wicked player, great vision I think he'll be some player!!!

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

SpanishJoe wrote:I think Suarez is playing really well (and he upset Evra), Aguero and Yaya Toure have been excellent but for me it's RvP ahead of Silva.

Silva has looked good in a top quality team/squad while RvP's goalscoring would be exceptional in any team at any time, let alone one that's been struggling and is carrying some mediocre first teamers.
You really think RVP is a better player than Silva? I agree with what you say about RVP's goalscoring being exceptional (it's better than Messi's at present), especially in a mediocre side etc. No doubt about that. One thing I would say though, is that seeing as he is the only striker at Arsenal, I think ALL the goals are always going to come through him to be fair. Who esle has it in them to score goals? Gervinho? LOL. Arteta? No chance. The only other player I see in that squad capable of scoring goals for some reason is Ramsey and he ain't doing yet per se is he?

I suppose it comes down to opinions really. I think it is easier to stand out as a diamond in a mediocre team. Think back to Adebayor's ridiculous 30 goal season - he was our only fit and available striker really wasn't he?

Now. I am Not suggesting RVP is like that because it's clear he is a quality, quality player. I think the point I am getting at is that I think it's easier to shine in an average side as a leading light, than it is to stand out in a team full of top players.

I think the reason Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are so dam good is because they manage to stand out in a team full of stars (as they do for their national teams). I think it's the same for Ronaldo - although all the Madird attacking play goes through him.

I think RVP is a top, top player but personally, the reason I rate Silva as a cut above is because he stands out in a top side where the likes of Nasri cannot even start. That's much harder to do imo.

I reckon if you put Aguero in this Arsenal side, he would score almost as many goals as RVP, if not the same. Just my opinion though, could be wrong on that....

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Silva is in spains squad, he usually plays up front in a 4-3-3 with villa and iniesta

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Havent seen much of City dont watch much non Arsenal games Premier League games TBH.... RVP has to be up there with the best in the league so far this season

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Silva is probably the best.

Followed by Rooney than maybe RVP. Suarez??...end product lacking when you compare him to Silva, Rooney and RVP , but he has got time on his side.

Shows what excellent job the visionaries in spain had in developing players.

Silva is excellent but yet, Xavi, Iniesta are a level above that and inbetween those levels is Cesc. Biscuits isn't everyones favourite but he an exceptional DM.

Maybe after Aguero settles he will show more of what he can do. Will Nani develop consistency?.

Post by 1989 »

As good as Silva is I don't think he's better than RvP.