Coldplay

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Coldplay, Shite or quality

Absolute Shite
63%
quality
37%

Total votes: 38

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

paperclip wrote:Great band. The early albums were better than the more recent stuff though.

Shame for some reason it is fashionable to hate them, never understand that.
:lol: :lol:

For me, it comes from my fear of lifts.

:cry:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Well, I don't think their album Parachutes can be described as shite, so even though Coldplay aren't a favourite of mine at all, your poll has forced me to vote 'quality' :?

Could have done with a 3rd option... "they're ok, but not a patch on Arcade Fire" :lol:

denhaaggooner

Post by denhaaggooner »

i was going to start a thread about bands you couldnt stand but now like a lot . well i hated coldplay at first but the more i listen to them the more they grow on me and as for the latest album it is very good Hurts like Heaven stands out !! btw i used to hate pink floyd aswell !!

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

Not as good as some years ago but still quality. :D

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

not quite the likes of Run DMC, The Fugees, Dr Dre etc

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Absolute dogshite. I would rather dehair my testicles one by one with a pair of pliers than watch coldplay live. In fact, I'd rather watch a shit go hard than watch them. Mind blowingly boring.

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

Coldplay are quality...

True enough their first couple of albums were terrific and much better than subsequent albums, but still overall they have an excellent body of work and are very good live...

As for the comments about Oasis on the other thread :roll: I don't know what they were like in the few years before they split, but i saw them in the late nineties and they were the bollocks...Live shows are not just about people jumping around on stage and ridiculous light shows, it's about the material, the delivery of the material and the atmosphere that creates within the audience... Oasis definitely created a great atmosphere, feel and connection with the audience at their gigs....
Last edited by Bergkamp-Genius on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Coldplay are the Denilson of music

:barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Gwyneth Paltrow......I would love to :sex2: :sex2: :sex2:

So because she is married to chris martin I would have to vote that they are shite and mind numbingly boring 8)

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

arseofacrow wrote:Coldplay are the Denilson of music

:barscarf:
Whilst their 'In Concert' VHS is the Denilson of video tapes.

Major tracking problems.

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

augie wrote:Gwyneth Paltrow......I would love to :sex2: :sex2: :sex2:
I think just two of those would be enough to snap her in half, quite frankly.