Wenger in L'Equipe

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
kg1794

Wenger in L'Equipe

Post by kg1794 »

http://www.lequipemag.fr/EquipeMag/Mag/ ... _flip.html

Says he's near the end. Doesn't know if he will be here 2012. Front cover says 'What is hard is the feeling that something is finishing'

augie

Re: Wenger in L'Equipe

Post by augie »

kg1794 wrote:http://www.lequipemag.fr/EquipeMag/Mag/ ... _flip.html

Says he's near the end. Doesn't know if he will be here 2012. Front cover says 'What is hard is the feeling that something is finishing'

Speaking from my own perspective, what I find hard is that there doesnt seem to be an end in sight at all :cry: :cry: The concern I have is that unless us fans unite with a huge call for change then we continue to remain on this high profit fcuk all success road :evil: :evil: :banghead:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

This is potentially very worrying
How will we cope with wenger and van Persie leaving at end of season?

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

augie wrote:

Speaking from my own perspective, what I find hard is that there doesnt seem to be an end in sight at all :cry: :cry: The concern I have is that unless us fans unite with a huge call for change then we continue to remain on this high profit fcuk all success road :evil: :evil: :banghead:
absolutely augie.

i don't think that by wenger leaving, but with gazidis, hill-wood and co. staying i'm not sure we'll be moving to a better position...

also, what about the players? we may say what we want, but the players really like and respect him, van persie the biggest example.

if wenger leaves, i can easily see 6-7 players wanting to leave as well.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

This is potentially very worrying
How will we cope with wenger and van Persie leaving at end of season?
Well for Wenger leaving, I'll throw a huge fecking party and get so rat arsed it'll take me a week to get over! :barscarf:

For RVP, let's hope that with Guardiola coming in, he'll change his mind and sign a new 4 year contract :barscarf: :barscarf:

Simples. 8)

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Despite the problems of the last few years, I'll be very sad if he does leave. It will literally be the end of an era and I had hoped he would turn it round and leave on a high but I guess he realises his time has come and gone.

I can't imagine our next manager staying 15 years.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

absolutely augie.

i don't think that by wenger leaving, but with gazidis, hill-wood and co. staying i'm not sure we'll be moving to a better position...

also, what about the players? we may say what we want, but the players really like and respect him, van persie the biggest example.

if wenger leaves, i can easily see 6-7 players wanting to leave as well.
If those players include Squillachi, Vela, Song, Fabianski, Alumunia and Diaby, I think it's a win win situation. :wink:

In all seriousness, if they're just playing for the manager and not the club and/or badge, any player can fuck off big time. We've had this same problem for years with people worrying if Wenger left that there'd be a mass exodus of players.

The new manager would just have to replace them (with Geotze, Naymar,, Erikson and Kjaer) 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

clockender1 wrote:Despite the problems of the last few years, I'll be very sad if he does leave. It will literally be the end of an era and I had hoped he would turn it round and leave on a high but I guess he realises his time has come and gone.
I assume you've read the article then? - if so, what did he say that makes him realise his time has come and gone?

It's very unlike Wenger to be so defeatist and negative... especially when the team needs to keep it's head down and work together.

I'm genuinely surprised - can someone post the quotes please!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Just read his comments on BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15804105.stm

Genuinely surprised he'd bring this sort of negative crap into the public domain now.

Strange and totally unnecessary!

Post by 1989 »

Great news.

Juan

Post by Juan »

g88ner wrote:
Strange and totally unnecessary!
Agreed.

My big problem at the moment is that even though I think he is yesterday's man, I have absolutely no faith in the board appointing someone better.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

1989 wrote:Great news.
Disagree. I think it's awful timing by Wenger.

Results are improving, we're climbing the table, the boo boys are quieter and there seems to be a togetherness building within the team.

If anything, it's the sort of thing that will kill any chance of keeping Van Persie, can only have a negative effect on the players and worst of all.... gives the media more ammunition to endlessly question his future.

Even if he is considering leaving, he should shut his mouth! - he's basically just dragging a cloud back over the club just as it was starting to lift for the first time in months! - why? :?

By the way, 1989 - I know you were saying it's good news he's considering leaving and not the timing of it... don't really know why I quoted you, to be honest :lol: :lol:

n6gooner

Post by n6gooner »

g88ner wrote:

Results are improving, we're climbing the table, the boo boys are quieter and there seems to be a togetherness building within the team.

If anything, it's the sort of thing that will kill any chance of keeping Van Persie, can only have a negative effect on the players and worst of all.... gives the media more ammunition to endlessly question his future.

Even if he is considering leaving, he should shut his mouth! - he's basically just dragging a cloud back over the club just as it was starting to lift for the first time in months! - why? :?

By the way, 1989 - I know you were saying it's good news he's considering leaving and not the timing of it... don't really know why I quoted you, to be honest :lol: :lol:
this story is basically another misquote by a mischievious journalist attempting to create "breaking news". pretty much confirmed by aw on sky after today's game

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

n6gooner wrote:
g88ner wrote:

this story is basically another misquote by a mischievious journalist attempting to create "breaking news". pretty much confirmed by aw on sky after today's game
that must be one hell of a misquote... especially between 2 frenchman, but there you go. :lol:

I can't see Wenger walking out on the club and I can't see him being sacked either. I think this will be his last contract though.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

the report seems to have been played down by Wenger post match

as for the comments on this thread

TeeCee

you are complete and utter total fucking morons

I have just about had enough of the anti Wenger *word censored* on here
dont u fucking realise that if Wenger leaves then RVP will to and most probably Wilshere etc too.

with Kronke in charge we would be at the level of Spurs within 2 years

and if some *word censored* comes oon here now and keeps saying that I am a WUM I AM GOING TO GO MENTAL