Arsenal Artillery 1886

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

M-50 wrote:Another positive discussion with our backer this morning although I've yet to hear back from the club (Sue Campbell in particular).

This backer has a meeting with the club soon and will discuss our proposal and a decision will be made. I've gone about getting a price for the card display which we're hoping we look something like this http://i41.tinypic.com/2ic5jxi.jpg

Does anybody have any contact info for anyone else at the club who could assist us?
Hi Mart, haven't posted on this one as I don't want to bring negativity to the thread. I respect the fact you lads are making an effort but I don't agree wholeheartedly with the way you are doing it but that's just my personal opinion. Well played for at least trying.

The only thing I feel I should point out though is I'd be very surprised if the club agreed to the card display portraying the 1970's cannon and the gothic font "ARSENAL" what with the money they have spent rebranding us and all.

You might want to take another look at what you want to put on the cards if you want them to agree to this...

M-50

Post by M-50 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
M-50 wrote:Another positive discussion with our backer this morning although I've yet to hear back from the club (Sue Campbell in particular).

This backer has a meeting with the club soon and will discuss our proposal and a decision will be made. I've gone about getting a price for the card display which we're hoping we look something like this http://i41.tinypic.com/2ic5jxi.jpg

Does anybody have any contact info for anyone else at the club who could assist us?
Hi Mart, haven't posted on this one as I don't want to bring negativity to the thread. I respect the fact you lads are making an effort but I don't agree wholeheartedly with the way you are doing it but that's just my personal opinion. Well played for at least trying.

The only thing I feel I should point out though is I'd be very surprised if the club agreed to the card display portraying the 1970's cannon and the gothic font "ARSENAL" what with the money they have spent rebranding us and all.

You might want to take another look at what you want to put on the cards if you want them to agree to this...
Cheers mate. All valid points and fully aware of them.

Realistically the link is just a rough guide to how it will look albeit most of the lads are keen to have it as displayed but we know at the same time it'll prob be a non-runner. Anything close to it will be a result :D

M-50

Post by M-50 »

Just got this back from the club (waited 4 weeks for a response)

"Many thanks for your recent note. Like you we are keen to do everything possible to bring the atmosphere alive in our stadium. We like the idea of card displays but tend to reserve these activities for major matches – e.g. versus Barcelona last year. To do it more often would reduce the impact.

We have yet to decide when we will go for a card display this season but with some big games to look forward to this will probably happen at some point. I hope this makes sense. Many thanks for your continued support and ideas
"

Sue Campbell
Head of Travel, Events & Supporter Liaison
Arsenal Football Club

:cry:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

:roll:

What about Scum at home?

Are they planning something? If not we should push big time for something then.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Fobbed off.

Many thanks for your note.

Unlike you, we don't give a toss about atmosphere. Once a season or so we might do something pretty & family-friendly at a game with lots of TV coverage so it at least looks impressive eg. Barcelona last season. To do it more often would cost more.

We will not be doing card displays or anything similar this season. We have no big games to look forward to. To argue is with us is futile. We don't care if this makes sense or not.

Now fuck off & give us some more money,

Sue Campbell

Trying to do something with the consent of the club is utterly futile in my opinion. You need serious numbers in a block together who are willing to pull something off without giving them advance warning.

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

Dan_85 wrote:Fobbed off.

Unlike you, we don't give a toss about atmosphere. Once a season or so we might do something pretty & family-friendly at a game with lots of TV coverage so it at least looks impressive eg. Barcelona last season. To do it more often would cost more.

We will not be doing card displays or anything similar this season. We have no big games to look forward to. To argue is with us is futile. We don't care if this makes sense or not.

Sue Campbell

Trying to do something with the consent of the club is utterly futile in my opinion. You need serious numbers in a block together who are willing to pull something off without giving them advance warning.
:coffeespit: :coffeespit:

So very true :roll:

M-50

Post by M-50 »

SWLGooner wrote::roll:

What about Scum at home?

Replied but who knows when a response will arrive.

Contacted our backer with Arsenal's response to see how they feel about it so will wait and see what response they have.

Also contacted Redaction last week to see if they would like to assist but nothing back from them either.

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

M-50 wrote:
SWLGooner wrote::roll:

What about Scum at home?

Replied but who knows when a response will arrive.

Contacted our backer with Arsenal's response to see how they feel about it so will wait and see what response they have.

Also contacted Redaction last week to see if they would like to assist but nothing back from them either.
PM alanalansunderland or TheCook on here they are both helpful and prompt in replying.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Dan_85 wrote:Fobbed off.

Sue Campbell

Absolutely spot on, thats pretty much word for word how I read it and I think you're right that the club wont want anything to do with anything like this. Obviously theres no harm in exploring it but I always think that fan movements should be seperate from the clubs- its pretty much the one thing that I think is good about the Ultras in Italy, they arent club controlled but as a massive block of passionate fans they have a lot of power because the clubs dont want (and often cant afford) to upset them. That means you get the atmosphere the fans want and it isnt watered down by club imposed constraints

Rocky Number Seven
Location: North Bank, Turnstile D, Block 7, Row 8, Seat 225 / Essex

Post by Rocky Number Seven »

M-50, firstly well done on your decision to actually put some effort in and try to make a difference to the match day atmosphere. I think we can all agree it is definitely needed.

Personally I dont think the card idea is a good one, i dont like them and for me it gets filed in the same folder as little paper flags. I sit in Block 7 so was part of the 125 card display and other than kids and daytrippers nobody appeared to be too bothered and i wouldnt say that it raised the level of the atmosphere in the ground at all.

I would however suggest that perhaps more banners could be displayed that arent provided by and sanctioned by the club. Some of the ones they have on display at the mo are just cringeworthy and I would love to see the correct cannon and traditional gothic Arsenal displayed in your card design on show in the new stadium. Could it be possible to get your card designs made up as banners instead to hang at all games without the need of all fans having to be relied on?

Hope the club do sanction another "red section". As away games show when you can sit (stand) with like minded individuals you can generate more noise and think it would be a positive action to add your weight to this idea along with other supporter groups.

Good luck mate, any success will be a positive change.

M-50

Post by M-50 »

Rocky Number Seven wrote:M-50, firstly well done on your decision to actually put some effort in and try to make a difference to the match day atmosphere. I think we can all agree it is definitely needed.

Personally I dont think the card idea is a good one, i dont like them and for me it gets filed in the same folder as little paper flags. I sit in Block 7 so was part of the 125 card display and other than kids and daytrippers nobody appeared to be too bothered and i wouldnt say that it raised the level of the atmosphere in the ground at all.

I would however suggest that perhaps more banners could be displayed that arent provided by and sanctioned by the club. Some of the ones they have on display at the mo are just cringeworthy and I would love to see the correct cannon and traditional gothic Arsenal displayed in your card design on show in the new stadium. Could it be possible to get your card designs made up as banners instead to hang at all games without the need of all fans having to be relied on?

Hope the club do sanction another "red section". As away games show when you can sit (stand) with like minded individuals you can generate more noise and think it would be a positive action to add your weight to this idea along with other supporter groups.

Good luck mate, any success will be a positive change.
Cheers mate.

Big banners is an option for sure. Whether or not our old-style designs would be allowed remains to be seen. Won't do any harm to go down that route though.

Our backer got in touch with me this morning off the news I sent to them yesterday and they expressed their desire to continue going forward with these ideas and they made comment about their desire to improve the atmosphere vocally.

Adding weight to a new singing section is worth consideration. That'll be a long-term process and I'm sure the BSM/ASIA and a number of other supporters groups have touched on this aspect of the stadium already. Like they've said, a trial run of a new singing section might be worth pursuing but people already pushing hard for this

Any thoughts or proposals welcomed

:barscarf:

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

Extend the relaxed stewarding in terms of being able to stand up for the whole of behind the goal. Almost every club has that end where most of the chanting starts behind the goal opposite to the away fans. It would encourage more people to join in (not that they should NEED encouragement) and it might make those wankers who just turn around and stare at you when you start chanting the choice to join in or just watch the fucking game.
:banghead: :banghead:

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

armchair

Re: Arsenal Artillery 1886

Post by armchair »

This thread has gone very quiet. Wonder what happened...?

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

armchair supporter wrote:This thread has gone very quiet. Wonder what happened...?
Seeing as M-50 has left us, I guess we will never know :?

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

HashKads wrote:
armchair supporter wrote:This thread has gone very quiet. Wonder what happened...?
Seeing as M-50 has left us, I guess we will never know :?
Arsenal Artillery 1886 - "Firing blanks since 2005" :lol: