Purple away shirts for next season!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

Purple away shirts for next season!

Post by Dan_85 »

http://www.arsenalbrasil.com.br/?p=3311

You couldn't make it up! :banghead:

Credit to BG's friends from Arsenal Brasil who of course had exclusive pics of the 125 kit before anyone else this time last year...

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Red & purple striped sleeves on the home kit?! Fucking hell...

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Why can't they suggest a few designs and let us choose?

Red & white, yellow & blue!

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

I don't believe a single word of it untill I've seen pictures of the new home and away kit.

REB

Post by REB »

that tshirt :ewwwww:

augie

Post by augie »

That article doesnt have even the fake photoshop jersies that most sites claiming advance viewing of new releases have :roll: The problem is though, that we have become so accustumed to horrific kits that when we read about purple and red stripes we cant dismiss it cos it sounds exactly like something our club would release it :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Does anybody know when this nike contract expires ? Am totally fed up with their cheap looking sweat shop crap (sorry herd :wink: ) and I long for a return to the adidas kits that we used to have :(

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Batflyer wrote:I don't believe a single word of it untill I've seen pictures of the new home and away kit.
The Brazilian guys were first to break the news of the current blue diagonal away shirt & the 125 shirt this time last year. Think they're to be trusted, I believe they have someone at work in the factory? Perhaps BG can tell us more...

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

Dan_85 wrote:
Batflyer wrote:I don't believe a single word of it untill I've seen pictures of the new home and away kit.
The Brazilian guys were first to break the news of the current blue diagonal away shirt & the 125 shirt this time last year. Think they're to be trusted, I believe they have someone at work in the factory? Perhaps BG can tell us more...
i can't tell you who the source is because (at least he told us) he could get fired for it - and i believe him to be honest. it's a guy who works at nike and gets to see the projects - that's why we don't have pictures, he can't take them, he simply told us how it will be. he is a relative of one of the board members of arsenal brasil.

he told us about this years' away shirt being diagonal divided of two blue tones about 6 months before the shirt was released anywhere. i honestly didn't believe him, but he proved to be right about not just that, but everything. he also sold us the training top many months before it was released, and it's exactly as it is now. if you look at the post, you'll see next season's t-shirts as well.

he told us about the 125th crest way before it hit the press as well (nobody even knew about a new crest)

you can believe the guy - next year's away WILL be purple, and the home shirt will have purple details on the sleeves and on the back

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:
i can't tell you who the source is because (at least he told us) he could get fired for it - and i believe him to be honest. it's a guy who works at nike and gets to see the projects - that's why we don't have pictures, he can't take them, he simply told us how it will be. he is a relative of one of the board members of arsenal brasil.

he told us about this years' away shirt being diagonal divided of two blue tones about 6 months before the shirt was released anywhere. i honestly didn't believe him, but he proved to be right about not just that, but everything. he also sold us the training top many months before it was released, and it's exactly as it is now. if you look at the post, you'll see next season's t-shirts as well.

he told us about the 125th crest way before it hit the press as well (nobody even knew about a new crest)

you can believe the guy - next year's away WILL be purple, and the home shirt will have purple details on the sleeves and on the back

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

brazilianGOONER

here, i exaggerated when i said 6 months, but this post is from march of this year. i wrote the article myself:

http://www.arsenalbrasil.com.br/?p=2377

see for yourselves - we had pictures of the current training tops (months before it was released) and the info about the diagonal blue shirt. we had news about the new crest way before that also.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

brazilianGOONER wrote:here, i exaggerated when i said 6 months, but this post is from march of this year. i wrote the article myself:

see for yourselves - we had pictures of the current training tops (months before it was released) and the info about the diagonal blue shirt. we had news about the new crest way before that also.
I remember you guys correctly called (and showed with pics) a bunch of this season's kit & training gear before anyone else. Which is why, sadly i think this information is correct again :(

Dear Arsenal & Nike, can we have this please;

brazilianGOONER

Dan_85 wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:here, i exaggerated when i said 6 months, but this post is from march of this year. i wrote the article myself:

I remember you guys correctly called (and showed with pics) a bunch of this season's kit & training gear before anyone else. Which is why, sadly i think this information is correct again :(

Dear Arsenal & Nike, can we have this please;

what a fucking beauty :-P :-P :-P :-P

which means it will never be like that :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

fuck of nike and the arsenal board :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

The club will not be releasing the kit stated by the OP

Next season however, i am told the yellow may make a comeback.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Shall we hazard a guess at what the marketing bollocks to promote this purple kit will be?

Herbert Chapman's favourite bath towel was the colour of "Plum Purple"

Purple is the colour associated with a pioneering spirit in Malaysia

The Dial Square workers wore purple gloves while building the weapons

:(

brazilianGOONER

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:The club will not be releasing the kit stated by the OP

Next season however, i am told the yellow may make a comeback.
yes, and it will have a picture of mario goetze on the sleeves! :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: