Henry Coming Back???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RocastleRock

Henry Coming Back???

Post by RocastleRock »

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... y-decision

I know this has been discussed at great length, but could this be the first sign from AW that it could actually happen.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

If it's cheaper than us actually going out & buying a quality, proven striker then given the constant penny pinching of modern day AFC, of course it'll happen.

Generally not a fan of re-signing players, but in this case he's still a better option than Chamakh.

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

As obviously better then Chamakh or super quality that he surely is, don't like the idea as he lacks the Heryness that made him Henry. There's a reason he plays in the US, you know.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Henry was class in Boston for NY, pace was gone but touch and positioning weren't - and he showed it again at the all star game with Beckham.

In fact he looked better and sharper than the listless displays he gave in 2005.

richpye

Post by richpye »

I just find this time of year to be the one when Wenger plays with the media. Everything he says at the moment is just smoke and mirrors imo

digger

Post by digger »

Much as I love Henry (the second greatest Arsenal player I've seen), I think this is a bad move. I don't want to remember Henry as a 35 year old playing FA Cup games and sitting on the bench. It also confirms Wenger isn't in the market for signing a proper striker.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I think Wenger will sign him unfortunately. I really don't want the legend tainted!

k.lertpisitkul

Post by k.lertpisitkul »

I think you guys just need to have a little faith in the Man. I believe he could still do the job for us even if he is half the player he was :barscarf:

As for him taining his legend status, What wrong can he do for 2-3 months ? :roll:

digger

Post by digger »

k.lertpisitkul wrote:As for him taining his legend status, What wrong can he do for 2-3 months ? :roll:
Worst case scenario would be to play one game, be utter shit, miss every chance*. It would then look like he'd come back just for the money.

A bit like Chamakh then.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

digger wrote: Worst case scenario would be to play one game, be utter shit, miss every chance*. It would then look like he'd come back just for the money.

A bit like Chamakh then.
Or help out the club he loves??

digger

Post by digger »

He won't be much help if he's shit though? :lol:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

clockender1 wrote:Henry was class in Boston for NY, pace was gone but touch and positioning weren't - and he showed it again at the all star game with Beckham.

In fact he looked better and sharper than the listless displays he gave in 2005.
Yeah the season he scored 30 goals in 42 games :roll: He really was listless in 05 wasnt he?

I think its a bad move bringing him back.But he wont cost a fee so perfect for a "big" club like us

Drone

Post by Drone »

We need him, not to play, to give guts to younger players, even if he plays, we do need someone who can dictate the game, if he's not fast as he was back in days, i bet he is technically better than anyone we have in the team by far.
Bring it On. :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Dan_85 wrote:If it's cheaper than us actually going out & buying a quality, proven striker then given the constant penny pinching of modern day AFC, of course it'll happen.

Generally not a fan of re-signing players, but in this case he's still a better option than Chamakh.
Never mind Dan - Sky Sports News were running with a story that a swap deal with Fulham, Chamakh for Zamora, is also being considered. Now Thierry on loan long after Barca were done with him, plus the all conquering Bobby Zamora - that'll have Madrid, Barca & co shitting themselves

No mention of Sammy's nailed Goetze deal surprisingly. I've got the rotten tomatoes ready for Sam !

Old Oak Gooner

Post by Old Oak Gooner »

Err, Bobby Zamora is quality :barscarf: