When we finish outside the top 4 - what will the excuses be?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Red Member

Post by Red Member »

Babatunde

one unlucky league defeat in 3 months is not going to have fans calling for Wenger's head.

Spurs for all their media attention will win fuck all again this season.
ok they do have a decent team at present. I suppose they had to eventually but their manager leaves at the end of the season probably.
then what? they can't get any bigger because they dont have the stadium and all the top clubs will soon want their best players. And in this glorious Spurs period what have they won exactly? 1 mickey mouse cup :lol:

Arsenal have some of the best youngsters in the country breaking through, the stadium will continue to generate income Spurs can only dream about. we will continue to challenge as we have still managed to remarkably in the past few seasons. We were top of the league earlier this year even. When was the last time Spurs were ever top let alone winning titles?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Red Member wrote:Babatunde

one unlucky league defeat in 3 months is not going to have fans calling for Wenger's head.

Spurs for all their media attention will win fuck all again this season.
ok they do have a decent team at present. I suppose they had to eventually but their manager leaves at the end of the season probably.
then what? they can't get any bigger because they dont have the stadium and all the top clubs will soon want their best players. And in this glorious Spurs period what have they won exactly? 1 mickey mouse cup :lol:

Arsenal have some of the best youngsters in the country breaking through, the stadium will continue to generate income Spurs can only dream about. we will continue to challenge as we have still managed to remarkably in the past few seasons. We were top of the league earlier this year even. When was the last time Spurs were ever top let alone winning titles?

Seriously :roll:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Who remembers when Hull were top of the league for about a day three seasons back?

:lol: :lol: :roll:

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Babatunde wrote:Who remembers when Hull were top of the league for about a day three seasons back?

:lol: :lol: :roll:
That must of been the season *word censored* member was a Scum fan. :awnker:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

if you top the league in January you are a good team.

When did Spurs ever top the league after Christmas any time recently?

in 2011 Arsenal beat

Barcelona
Chelsea
Manchester United

we can beat anyone on our day, we just need a bit more consistency.
that is why Wenger brought in experience so we won't collapse in the spring.

if we do collpase again then you will be right and I will be wrong.
I predict we wont collapse though and pretty much all my predictions on here have been accurate so far

OneBardGooner

Re: When we finish outside the top 4 - what will the excuses

Post by OneBardGooner »

frankbutcher wrote:- Lost Nasri and Fabregas in the Summer.
- New players bedding in.
- Wilshere injured.
- Injuries to all 4 full-backs.
- African Cup of Nations.
- Man City and the scourge of the Billionaire.
- This was a season of transition.

And the message for 2012-13................

Now Wenger is the man to get us back into the Champions League.

Any excuses that I've missed?

It's the fans fault:

a) They complained about the miserly 6.5% increase which really upset the balance and spirit in the baordroom, which then filtered down to th players - especially arshavin, diaby, and squillaci.
b) They sang some very unpleasant chants calling for us to spend some more money - this really upset flappy and put him off his game
c) There is NO TOP FOUR anymore I said this 2 years ago, and so we have done very well to finish in the top, TOP Six.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Red Member wrote:when we collapse again then you will be right and I will be wrong.
Fixed.

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

We will finish 4th.