The most annoying thing this season

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
ambarron

The most annoying thing this season

Post by ambarron »

Is that every other team (with the exception of City and Spurs) are fucking shite as well.

Even with losing Cesc and the lesbian if we had bought a bit more quality we could have easily been up in third place instead of a shitty battle for fourth.

Chelsea and Liverpool are arguably worst than us and watching utd last two games they are as bad as I remember in years, some of their players would struggle to get a game for us, and that's saying something

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Re: The most annoying thing this season

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

ambarron wrote:Is that every other team (with the exception of City and Spurs) are fucking shite as well.

Even with losing Cesc and the lesbian if we had bought a bit more quality we could have easily been up in third place instead of a shitty battle for fourth.

Chelsea and Liverpool are arguably worst than us and watching utd last two games they are as bad as I remember in years, some of their players would struggle to get a game for us, and that's saying something
bollocks statement
Spurs are no better than they have ever been...its everyone has gone backwards...apart from the addition of Parker and Cashwhore the are not a lot better than last season....and i reckon we can beat them

ambarron

Post by ambarron »

I don't think it is bollocks to be fair

All top teams have been dropping points over Xmas for example (even man city) but correct me if I am wrong but spuds have won every game (maybe one draw)

ambarron

Post by ambarron »

Also u forgot to add they now have a top keeper (we should have gone for Friedel years ago)

Add that to getting a top centre half back from injury and as u point out 2 key players added, I'd suggest they are in fact a lot stronger something that recent results would bear out? After all the table dosent lie?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

ambarron wrote:Is that every other team (with the exception of City and Spurs) are fucking shite as well.

For what its worth i agree

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

flash gunner wrote:

For what its worth i agree
but you aint worth bollocks

:barscarf:

joke

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

We've gone backwards but the likes of newcastle, stoke and now they've got a decent manager sunderland, have moved forward and have got better. Having watch a team of bottlers for the last 6 years, the two teams you mention as being exceptions have got those that bottled it with us when the going got tough. What makes you think they will change? Sorry to say, its united's title.

ambarron

Post by ambarron »

Nos89 wrote:

We've gone backwards but the likes of newcastle, stoke and now they've got a decent manager sunderland, have moved forward and have got better. Having watch a team of bottlers for the last 6 years, the two teams you mention as being exceptions have got those that bottled it with us when the going got tough. What makes you think they will change? Sorry to say, its united's title.
No chance Utd win the title, problems with their keeper, awful midfield - for me City win this by 10+ points and Spurs second

Wengerball

Post by Wengerball »

Since United won it in Ronaldos 2nd last season where they also had Tevez and co I woudnt say there has been an outstanding team in the PL.

This has given us a shot at recent titles which we have consequently blown with our inability to take advantage both on and off the pitch- this is what pisses me off the most :evil:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:

bollocks statement
Spurs are no better than they have ever been...its everyone has gone backwards...apart from the addition of Parker and Cashwhore the are not a lot better than last season....and i reckon we can beat them
Spurs finished one place below us last season and are better this season we are worse.Thats why they will finish above us.Whats your problem?

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:

bollocks statement
Spurs finished one place below us last season and are better this season we are worse.Thats why they will finish above us.Whats your problem?

augie

Post by augie »

Sometimes I think that the fact that it is such a poor league is actually making it worse for us - as long as we are hanging in around the top 4 wenger and the board will continue to stand by these players and will continue with the current transfer policy (ie buy fcuk all :evil: ) and we will see no changes to how our club is being run. It suits the like of wenger and ferguscum to scoff at the suggestion that the league is a lot weaker cos it would then raise questions about why their own teams are not pissing away with it like they would have done in years past :roll:

Comparisons are rightly drawn to wenger's performances in the last few seasons to that off GG in his last two seasons as manager but the difference is that back then none of GG's main players lost confidence in the manager and jumped ship. Currently we are losing at least 1 of our main players a season and without a big swing in ambition in the transfer market then it wont matter how bad the league is cos we still wont be good enough :cry: :cry: :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For me what IS 'Most Annoying' is that our present pathetic situation (and that applies to the past 5 seasons) is that Wenger did not invest when he knew the Invincibles were starting to near their sell by date....

Had he invested (gradully) say 2 top quality / world class players per new season - especially a goalie and a striker - we would not now find ourselves in this hell hole of shyteness, where Gooner are turning on Gooner and the polarity of Arsenal Fans has NEVER been so extreme.

Wenger - The Board - They ARE To Blame...Yet it us we who suffer, us the past Legends who must cringe at some of the players who wear our shirt, and also the great name and honour of the club have been sullied - all in the name of profit.

The phrase 'too little too late' come's to mind. :cry:

armchair

Post by armchair »

OneBardGooner wrote:For me what IS 'Most Annoying' is that our present pathetic situation (and that applies to the past 5 seasons) is that Wenger did not invest when he knew the Invincibles were starting to near their sell by date....

Had he invested (gradully) say 2 top quality / world class players per new season - especially a goalie and a striker - we would not now find ourselves in this hell hole of shyteness, where Gooner are turning on Gooner and the polarity of Arsenal Fans has NEVER been so extreme.

Wenger - The Board - They ARE To Blame...Yet it us we who suffer, us the past Legends who must cringe at some of the players who wear our shirt, and also the great name and honour of the club have been sullied - all in the name of profit.

The phrase 'too little too late' come's to mind. :cry:
Agreed - We are now reaping what Wenger sowed (or more accurately didn't sow) towards the end and after the Invincibles, right up to the present. :(

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

OneBardGooner wrote:Wenger did not invest when he knew the Invincibles were starting to near their sell by date....
I agreed with the whole post except this bit. I honestly don't think the Invincibles were properly on the wane at all until Vieira left, and I think had we had never have actually left Highbury the majority of that 03/04 team would have been here for alot longer mixed with Fabregas, van Persie and some others.

Such a brilliant thought. :cry: