SWANSEA AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
donaldo

Post by donaldo »

There can be no excuse for that performance.We were beaten at our own game.Swansea didnt kick us, they did hit long balls.In fact most of our chances came for Swansea defenders overplaying it.The midfield was chasing shadows.Song a DM dont make me laugh i lost count of he missed tackles he made.

The sight of Wenger sitting on his own 5 yards away from Coneman summed up that Rice is not a coach.

STLgooner89

Post by STLgooner89 »

MK Gould wrote:
STLgooner89 wrote:Don't know how anyone can defend anything about our performance. So what if it wasn't a penalty! We should never have allowed them to go 2-1 up!!!!!
What do you mean "so what...."? If they hadn't got that penalty we'd have gone in at half time 1-0 up. Big difference! If they hadn't got that penalty the game would have been a draw.... Chances are that the game turned on that decision, so please don't give me the "so what...." bollocks.

Also - we are currently missing Wilshere, Arteta, Sagna, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Santos.... plus one or two others.... to injury and no team in the country could afford to lose that many (5 defenders!) and still perform to the best of their ability!

There are many reasons to be unhappy about Arsenal at the moment - but today's performance, given the injury crisis, isn't one of them!
Did you not read my next sentence?! Just because they tied the game doesn't mean we should give away the fucking ball and allow them to take the lead, twice! Things go against you at times, such as a dubious penalty decisions, but that means you fucking sack up and reclaim the lead you have instead of just completely imploding. Oh yeah, why should i expect that though, we have only one player who can make a difference.

Wengerball

Post by Wengerball »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16569813.stm

Interview with the GIC 0nly 15 seconds in and he talks about playing a "good team" and that we were playing under "special circumstances"

ARGGHHHHH

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

bigreddave

Post by bigreddave »

I'm really not suprised we got done today, nothing suprises me anymore with this shambles of a side wengers assembled, it's just one massive joke and the fans are the ones paying top dollar to watch this shit every week! I feel sorry for the fans that travelled to that shit hole to see that shit it's just unbelieveable how the board and wenger have allowed us to fall so low, 10 points off the scum and no chance of winning anything or finishing in the top 4. Hopefully missing out on the champions league will be a blessing in disguise and force the board to make wenger spend some serious cash in the summer or get rid of him and get a manager with some balls unlike this pale shadow of a former great we have now, I for one won't be holding my breath too long on either happening though. :(

AFCasap

Post by AFCasap »

Wengerball wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16569813.stm

Interview with the GIC 0nly 15 seconds in and he talks about playing a "good team" and that we were playing under "special circumstances"

ARGGHHHHH

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
the "special circumstance" being, we are the only club being run by a smarmy ego maniac who has been given complete control and can do whatever the fuck he feels like...
another game, another million flushed down the hole on wenger supersquad

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

augie wrote:As percy has already said it is an absolutely shocking and embarassing statistic that nobody, and I mean nobody, has conceded more goals than this Arsenal team this season :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

On the flip side of that I would like to remind people how the first few months of the 97/98 season went - we were shipping goals all over the place and the straw that broke the camel's back was the 3-1 defeat to blackburn at highbury. After that game TA6 and the defence went balistic at the lack of protection from PV4 and petit and a change of policy was implimented........can anybody see something similar happening now ? Does anybody really believe that we have a DM worthy of the name and capable of protecting a back 4 ? Song is an excuse of a football and typifies the old "pay peanuts get monkeys" saying cos I wouldnt have him playing DM for any top championship side much less a top half, champs league club :roll:
I wouldnt mind seeing Kos in the DM role. Trouble is hes been our best CB this year

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Rosicky was one of the few players that tried to make things happen once he came on. Let's not go overboard here
Rosicky -
18 appearances and 1 assist this season. Hasn't scored since 2010.
I don't give a fuck if someone is 'trying', that's his fucking job!!
Roshitsky offers nothing, the same as half a dozen other players that Arsole Wenger has lovingly nurtured and overpaid!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

phil_mitchell wrote:
MK Gould wrote:Furious that we lost today's game but thought we played well. Should have got something out of it. Swansea can count themselves fortunate to get the penalty (proved in replays that it should have been free kick and booking against them!) and I thought their winner was, marginally, offside.

We were caught in possession too often and I thought Ramsey tried too hard, although understandable given the opposition.

So please, stop on this Wenger out bollocks on this particular thread. Nothing happened today that made those calls any more justified. And to the person - a long way from here - who said that this was Arsenal's worst ever performance.....you can't have seen us play much!

Lets keep this thread for discussion of a match we were probably a little unlucky to lose and keep talk of banners, protests and Wenger out to the numerous existing threads....!

PS we'd have fantastic support if we were in a 20,000 capacity stadium. And we'd spend most of our time in the football league, exactly as Swansea do..... Please don't congratulate them for that!
your a poor POOR excuse of a fan.....if you really think this than you might as well go and support barnet
Fuck you, *word censored*! 37 years a gooner and if you said that to my face you'd be on the deck!

phil_mitchell

Post by phil_mitchell »

MK Gould wrote:
phil_mitchell wrote:
MK Gould wrote:Furious that we lost today's game but thought we played well. Should have got something out of it. Swansea can count themselves fortunate to get the penalty (proved in replays that it should have been free kick and booking against them!) and I thought their winner was, marginally, offside.

We were caught in possession too often and I thought Ramsey tried too hard, although understandable given the opposition.

So please, stop on this Wenger out bollocks on this particular thread. Nothing happened today that made those calls any more justified. And to the person - a long way from here - who said that this was Arsenal's worst ever performance.....you can't have seen us play much!

Lets keep this thread for discussion of a match we were probably a little unlucky to lose and keep talk of banners, protests and Wenger out to the numerous existing threads....!

PS we'd have fantastic support if we were in a 20,000 capacity stadium. And we'd spend most of our time in the football league, exactly as Swansea do..... Please don't congratulate them for that!
your a poor POOR excuse of a fan.....if you really think this than you might as well go and support barnet
Fuck you, c**t! 37 years a gooner and if you said that to my face you'd be on the deck!
:blah:

AJAAFC

Post by AJAAFC »

augie wrote:As percy has already said it is an absolutely shocking and embarassing statistic that nobody, and I mean nobody, has conceded more goals than this Arsenal team this season :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

On the flip side of that I would like to remind people how the first few months of the 97/98 season went - we were shipping goals all over the place and the straw that broke the camel's back was the 3-1 defeat to blackburn at highbury. After that game TA6 and the defence went balistic at the lack of protection from PV4 and petit and a change of policy was implimented........can anybody see something similar happening now ? Does anybody really believe that we have a DM worthy of the name and capable of protecting a back 4 ? Song is an excuse of a football and typifies the old "pay peanuts get monkeys" saying cos I wouldnt have him playing DM for any top championship side much less a top half, champs league club :roll:
I've often cited this as a huge part in Wenger's success at the club - if Adams hadn't given him that gem history would be very different...

richpye

Post by richpye »

Demun210 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Rosicky was one of the few players that tried to make things happen once he came on. Let's not go overboard here
Rosicky -
18 appearances and 1 assist this season. Hasn't scored since 2010.
I don't give a fuck if someone is 'trying', that's his fucking job!!
Roshitsky offers nothing, the same as half a dozen other players that Arsole Wenger has lovingly nurtured and overpaid!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
His past record has nothing to do with his performance today.
Demun, whilst I agree with you, that quote could be used to understand why everyone wants him sacked now

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

Babatunde wrote:Said it before and I'll say it again.
Which other big club would have fans that just sit back and watch one overpaid dickhead destroy their club? Consistently for SEVEN years!
The prediction was made after Wenger fucked the title in 2008, them got rid of Diarra, Gilberto, Flamini - after losing Cole before - anyone with a brain could SEE where Arsenal were heading.
4th began to count as an achievement, showing off about "outplaying" Chelski in cup finals we LOST.

Wenger has been taking the piss for years, moaning about wages in football but picking up a fortune for himself. Ploughing YOUR money into the French league for rubbish. Gervinho, great signing where is that c*** now? And Chamakh?

It was said LONG ago that, if fans continued to make excuses for Wenger as he continues to asset strip the club, Arsenal would be overtaken by Spuds. The sheep laughed, now it's happened.
The sheep also said Wenger was a "guarantee" of quality football. Swansea are proof he isn't, as despite a superior wage bill he was ridiculed Again. A lesson.
It was also said that if Wenger's arrogance continued, Arsenal would fall out the CL. That's happening now.

Finally, it was said that unless the FANS put serious pressure on him, by booing at matches and STOP RENEWING AND BUYING TICKETS that nothing would change and Arsenal board and Wenger's deceitful ways ran the risk of turning us into a mediocre midtable team.

Fulham, Swansea, Blackburn, Spuds, average Liverpool, and co have all piled it on.

You can sit back, renew and let this nightmare continue. Or, you could stop giving them your dosh and you'll see a massive change. Your choice.

Wenger has single handedly ruined Arsenal and the lesson here is that NO ONE should EVER be given that much power and God status ever again. No matter what they've done.

All the muppets that slag off the Graham teams say
"Do you want to go back to the dark days?"

Well guess what? Under Wenger the football is shit, the players are mercenaries, the wage bill is much higher, we win fuck all, we throw the cups and it costs the fans an arm and a leg.

Oh and under Graham there was a chance of quality defending, players with passion for the shirt, and the odd trophy.

So there. Never mind. Let's all do what most of us do, forget about it, say " Arsene WILL make a splash this summer" and "judge Arsene after the summer window closes".

Then when we beat a rubbish side at home, everyone can pay each other on the back.

Sad what's happened to this great club. All down to one c****

:evil:
Spot on

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

What is the extra * in c**** for? It's doing my head in trying to figure it out! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

:lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

*word censored*

Only 2 * in my *word censored*