SWANSEA AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

Anyone going for the weekend (or arriving early) should head for the Mumbles and if you get the opportunity to neck a pint of Felinfoel, do it!

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

frankbutcher wrote:
Welsh lads - can you recommend the pubs / clubs to go to and those to avoid.

Cheers.
my sister went to Uni there. There was a really nice pub on the edge of Singleton Park - the Cricketers.

if you're feeling brave or want to celebrate or drown your sorrows, go out to the mumbles and do the mumbles mile - 12 pubs in a mile :wink:

the students are all right, they'll give you no bother, the Jacks on the other hand...

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

clockender1 wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
Welsh lads - can you recommend the pubs / clubs to go to and those to avoid.

Cheers.
my sister went to Uni there. There was a really nice pub on the edge of Singleton Park - the Cricketers.

if you're feeling brave or want to celebrate or drown your sorrows, go out to the mumbles and do the mumbles mile - 12 pubs in a mile :wink:

the students are all right, they'll give you no bother, the Jacks on the other hand...
Cheers mate. I am going dressed like this to avoid trouble............

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

storrmin571 wrote:Anyone got spare tickets? I need 2 if any available
Stormin - We have 1 spare ticket. If you want it, PM me. I will try to get you another one. Quite a few people seem to be dropping out....

skipper

Post by skipper »

SpanishJoe wrote:Anyone going for the weekend (or arriving early) should head for the Mumbles and if you get the opportunity to neck a pint of Felinfoel, do it!
THIS.

Swansea are the only team (apart from Shitty) I've seen this season that outplayed Y**s. Saying that, I am expecting us to win the game. We simply have to.

Daycat

Swansea

Post by Daycat »

Stick to wind st, its just full of bars or go up to kingsway where oceana night club is

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

frankbutcher wrote:
storrmin571 wrote:Anyone got spare tickets? I need 2 if any available
Stormin - We have 1 spare ticket. If you want it, PM me. I will try to get you another one. Quite a few people seem to be dropping out....
pm sent mate

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Frank, for a goodnight out - don't miss out on The Exchange in the Strand or Champers in the High Street

:wink: :lol:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

My miss spent youth is coming back to me :oops: getting thrown out of jumpin jacks kebab in kings diner -happy days

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Rosie_titters wrote:Frank, for a goodnight out - don't miss out on The Exchange in the Strand or Champers in the High Street

We live in a Google age Mr Titters. :lol: :lol:

(Jayson - they look good. :oops: :lol: )

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

frankbutcher wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:Frank, for a goodnight out - don't miss out on The Exchange in the Strand or Champers in the High Street

LOL, i could imagine you walking in there and shouting "come on, up the arsenal"

:lol: :lol:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Rosie_titters wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

LOL, i could imagine you walking in there and shouting "come on, up the arsenal"

:lol: :lol:
:coffeespit:

augie

Post by augie »

1-1

Another listless performance where we spring th12 from bench with 25mins to go but find, that himself are rvp can't link up and in each others way. We will of. Course take take the lead with an rvp goal but will be pegged back after another defensive fcuk up allowing the ex Chavez to score :(

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:1-1

Another listless performance where we spring th12 from bench with 25mins to go but find, that himself are rvp can't link up and in each others way. We will of. Course take take the lead with an rvp goal but will be pegged back after another defensive fcuk up allowing the ex Chavez to score :(
Followed up with "you have to give credit to Swansea", "we have some regrets", "our physical level dropped a little bit in the second half".....but "overall I believe that technically we were very strong"

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I've made the other thread a sticky for all non footy related stuff.

http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/view ... 660#715660

Problems on the trains on Sunday so check it out.

I reckon we'll struggle in this one if the home game is anything to go by, and we're unlikely to get as lucky as we did in that one.

0-0.