SWANSEA AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

It was the referees fault yesterday according to Mr.Knows :roll:

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

Blame everything but himself. Only Arsene knows!!!!!!!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I watched it on the TV and was in a rage afterwards. So a couple hours later after I calmed down I watched it again.

We were simply outplayed and outclassed all over the pitch. Fair fucks to Swansea. They didn't kick us, they didn't park the bus, they didn't hoof it. They passed (accurately, Song - ACCURATELY!!), they defended from the front when needed and they let their players truly express themselves and run at us. And all the time playing classy attacking attractive football. The only blot on their copy book was the dive for the penno.

We on the other hand killed our own game with this shit 4-5-1 tippy tappy passy pass pass rubbish we call "beautiful football".

Yes the ref got the penno wrong, the guy fouled Ramsey and then dived. But that is one goal. That does not excuse the other two we conceded or our own lack of passion and commitment or the fact they outplayed us.

Ramsey really frustrated me again yesterday. The lad has class and can pick out lovely passes. But all he seems interested in is backheels and flicks. He needs to sit down and look at his game. He needs to get back to keepng it simple because that is what he is best at.

Song was dragged all over that midfield like a bitch. His passing was all over the shop again and his lack of pace is disasterous - once someone drops the shoulder on him he's fucked, every time.

We need new signings. But mostly we need a new manager. Preferably one that doesn't think tactics only come in little boxes and are orange, green or white. :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:No arteta by all accounts
Well at least all the haters have got their way. Lets see how we get on without him and watch the master that is Alex Song control the game from the deep position in the way that Arteta does
Think I got my answer to this question posed before kick off yesterday.

Still, I forgot, he's not Cesc is he ? Just a Spanish Denilson.

Nice to see everyone's worked Ramsey out too. Funny how signing a guy who has been one of the most consistent players in the PL for 6 years has shown up the rest of our rag-bag midfield for what it is.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:I watched it on the TV and was in a rage afterwards. So a couple hours later after I calmed down I watched it again.

We were simply outplayed and outclassed all over the pitch. Fair fucks to Swansea. They didn't kick us, they didn't park the bus, they didn't hoof it. They passed (accurately, Song - ACCURATELY!!), they defended from the front when needed and they let their players truly express themselves and run at us. And all the time playing classy attacking attractive football. The only blot on their copy book was the dive for the penno.

We on the other hand killed our own game with this shit 4-5-1 tippy tappy passy pass pass rubbish we call "beautiful football".

Yes the ref got the penno wrong, the guy fouled Ramsey and then dived. But that is one goal. That does not excuse the other two we conceded or our own lack of passion and commitment or the fact they outplayed us.

Ramsey really frustrated me again yesterday. The lad has class and can pick out lovely passes. But all he seems interested in is backheels and flicks. He needs to sit down and look at his game. He needs to get back to keepng it simple because that is what he is best at.Song was dragged all over that midfield like a bitch. His passing was all over the shop again and his lack of pace is disasterous - once someone drops the shoulder on him he's fucked, every time.

We need new signings. But mostly we need a new manager. Preferably one that doesn't think tactics only come in little boxes and are orange, green or white. :roll:
Ramsey was shit yesterday and almost single handedly handed his leek munching mates :wink: 3 points. I honestly can't remember him ever having a really good game for us, not since or even before his injury.
He seems to escape criticism because of the injury, but personally I've had it with him, he has been fucking awful all season. And as you point out the backheels are getting on my fucking tits. (RVP also becoming guilty of over elaborating we would however be fucked without him)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:I watched it on the TV and was in a rage afterwards. So a couple hours later after I calmed down I watched it again.

Ramsey really frustrated me again yesterday. The lad has class and can pick out lovely passes. But all he seems interested in is backheels and flicks. He needs to sit down and look at his game. He needs to get back to keepng it simple because that is what he is best at.Song was dragged all over that midfield like a bitch. His passing was all over the shop again and his lack of pace is disasterous - once someone drops the shoulder on him he's fucked, every time.

Ramsey was shit yesterday and almost single handedly handed his leek munching mates :wink: 3 points. I honestly can't remember him ever having a really good game for us, not since or even before his injury.
He seems to escape criticism because of the injury, but personally I've had it with him, he has been fucking awful all season. And as you point out the backheels are getting on my fucking tits. (RVP also becoming guilty of over elaborating we would however be fucked without him)
Agreed, Sid. I should have qualified it by saying he has class - but only in patches. I've yet to see him have a whole game where he was outstanding. But lately he has been consistantly poor.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Did any of us expect anything diffrerent yesterday. the novelty of the new players coming in has worn off and dare i say it we are worse than last season.
We all know Wenger is tactically useless and we all know that he knows nothing about defending as has been proved season after season. We have now let in 31 goals in 21 games so are heading for something like 50 goals against this year.

That is mid table football.

We also know that our CL footbal ends for some time after we play Milan, or latest the Quarter Finals

We can moan as much as we like but Wenger is a spent force and until he goes this is what we will be fed.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

At one point yesterday a commentator said Arsenal were getting a football lesson. Far more importantly they were getting as lesson in pride and passion. Yesterday was another day that Arsenal let themselves down I would exempt Kos and Miquel from blame. The stand in left-back had something about him yesterday. The rest were doing their own thing or nothing at all.Theo was a disaster apart from his goal, and he even looked to see if there was anyone else he could pass that buck to. Djouroo one tackle and one pass apart hadn't a clue on position. Mertesacker is cowardly for such a giant. Ramsey looses the ball too much, like at the Lane it cost us again. Song was elsewhere, normally a fan but yesterday he was dreadful. RVP is frustrated, trying things on his own..does he not trust his teammates. ?? Henry Im afraid it wasn't a Champioship side at home in the Cup. Legend of Legends..yesterday he looked like a player from the Masters five -a-side. Arshavin doesn't merit comment. The Ox tried but should have came on first sub, not last. Szcz maybe should have done better on the third goal. Gave striker too much room on his left.
But the real problem is on the bench. How pathetic almost pitiable did Wenger look sitting on his own. Last week the question was asked ..Would Henry tarnish his legendry status ? For the manager that question is too easily answered. The man that transformed Arsenal and football has tarnished his own status within the club and the game. Increasingly a figure of hate from his fans and a figure of fun for the media...Please Arsene Go Now.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

yesterday was worse than Blackburn FACT

That is worrying

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Red Member wrote:yesterday was worse than Blackburn FACT

That is worrying
agree. also worse than manu

as i predicted this wil get worse and worse and worse!

Yet still we sing his name and praise jesus wenger

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Bradywasking wrote:At one point yesterday a commentator said Arsenal were getting a football lesson. Far more importantly they were getting as lesson in pride and passion. Yesterday was another day that Arsenal let themselves down I would exempt Kos and Miquel from blame. The stand in left-back had something about him yesterday. The rest were doing their own thing or nothing at all.Theo was a disaster apart from his goal, and he even looked to see if there was anyone else he could pass that buck to. Djouroo one tackle and one pass apart hadn't a clue on position. Mertesacker is cowardly for such a giant. Ramsey looses the ball too much, like at the Lane it cost us again. Song was elsewhere, normally a fan but yesterday he was dreadful. RVP is frustrated, trying things on his own..does he not trust his teammates. ?? Henry Im afraid it wasn't a Champioship side at home in the Cup. Legend of Legends..yesterday he looked like a player from the Masters five -a-side. Arshavin doesn't merit comment. The Ox tried but should have came on first sub, not last. Szcz maybe should have done better on the third goal. Gave striker too much room on his left.
But the real problem is on the bench. How pathetic almost pitiable did Wenger look sitting on his own. Last week the question was asked ..Would Henry tarnish his legendry status ? For the manager that question is too easily answered. The man that transformed Arsenal and football has tarnished his own status within the club and the game. Increasingly a figure of hate from his fans and a figure of fun for the media...Please Arsene Go Now.
What a cracking good post, sums up my feelings exactly, AKB's all go on about it's the boards problem (and yes they are part to blame) but if Wenger had any dissent about the current situation towards the board he wouldn't have signed his last contract at the speed of light. The whole team need to ship out, they are out of touch, treat the fans with disdain and are greedy beyond belief!!!

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

mikeyb772001 wrote:

That is worrying

Who actually praises wenger?

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

mikeyb772001 wrote:

That is worrying

Yes, if we get a win of any sort against Manure everything any dissention that may have from previous wavering pro-Wenger fans will be forgotten, they all need to look at the bigger picture here, just like the outpouring of emotion that greeted Henry's goal against Leeds, he is ONLY here for another 5 weeks, yet we saw his true form yesterday in a cold away game!!!! Henry's loan signing is just a circus and a plus for the greedy money men at our club, but it doesn't escape the fact that we'll be in exactly the same Chamakh and Gervinho useless boat in the few weeks time.

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

BournemouthRED wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:

That is worrying

Who actually praises wenger?
His team of blameless babies amongst others, they must love him, perform shit, no competition and when they fuck up, the *word censored* Wenger blames everyone except them.!!!