Is there anything you like about Arsenal now?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Like?

Van Persie.
Henry.
Wilshere.
Szczesny.
Vermaelen.
Coquelin.
The Ox.
Sagna.
Arteta.

Benayoun - gives 100% despite being past his best.
Walcott - I honestly think he gives 100% in training and games, despite being inconsistent in form.
But I concede he needs to be benched at present.
Jenkinson - well short of what we need, but gives his all.
Frimpong - bit of a prat, needs to iron out rough edges, but he has a physical edge that we need.
Ramsey - a kid that tries hard, even if he is still short of consistency.

The charity the club does.
The pitch.
The history.

Pat Rice. A decent bloke.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Despite the mess the club is in I love the fact that it fills me with pride to tell people, wherever I am in the world, that I support The Arsenal. Even though it's not the club it was, the very name symbolises class and tradition.

:barscarf:

Now if only someone would get that message across to the board, the manager and the bunch of wasters on the pitch.

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Oddly the only thing I like about Arsenal right now is when people I know or people I meet that don't support us try to slag us off.

Cos then them London based mother fuckers of non M25 teams or teams in London that got founded circa 2004 get hell from me.

Other than that Arsenal can go fuck it.

At least until camping on the pitch for Junior Gunners comes back.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Don't enjoy anything about Arsenal at the moment. SHIT *word censored* THE LOT OF THEM....

(Eh, Bren? :lol: )

REB

Post by REB »

love - arsenal football club

hate- arsenal plc

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Love the past history

Hate the present

Worried about the future

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Love our history and (now fucking gone) tradition. The old school shit like club blazers when on club duty, the captain choosing long or short sleeves (and every crunt obeying) the die hard all together backs to the wall We Are The Arsenal mentality our supporters and players used to have.

Hate the board, the corporate greed, the diluting of our crest, stadium and traditions to please plastic corporate JCL bastards that will soon (when we are mid table dross) fuck off to follow the next big corporate must-have (rugby or Grid iron or whatever the fuck).

I don't hate Wenger. I want him gone more than I've ever wanted an Arsenal manager gone but I don't hate him. He genuinely believes in his project, he is NOT trying to finish just in the top 4 and I think it's a bit naiive to think that he is. He wants to win. The problem is he genuinely believes his way is right. I can't hate him for his convictions. But he is wrong and his ego won't let him admit that. His way is wrong (so fucking wrong) and I really really pray to Christ he leaves or is sacked.

He is by a long shot (IMHO) the best manager we have ever had. But that was only up until 2007/2008 (or maybe even just 2004 or 2006?). After that he just went downhill rapidly as a manager.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:He genuinely believes in his project, he is NOT trying to finish just in the top 4 and I think it's a bit naiive to think that he is. He wants to win.
Im naive then and its not good enough
DB10GOONER wrote:He is by a long shot (IMHO) the best manager we have ever had. .
Agree with this

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Despite the mess the club is in I love the fact that it fills me with pride to tell people, wherever I am in the world, that I support The Arsenal. Even though it's not the club it was, the very name symbolises class and tradition.

Now if only someone would get that message across to the board, the manager and the bunch of wasters on the pitch
agree with this! maybe missing out on Europe will prompt a bit of soul searching within the club and a questioning of the past few years. Can only be a good thing.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I view my relationship with AFC as a marriage, one which has just celebrated its Ruby anniversary. In a marriage there are good and bad times eg 2004 v 1985/86 losing to York City etc etc.
The love will never die but there are times in a marriage when you can't stand each other, it's only temporary, but the dislike is big time. I am going through one of those patches and it's all down to one person.
I really can't stand looking at or listening to Wenger. His pathetic excuses are just an embarrassment and in general the bullshit we're being asked to suffer is just not acceptable anymore. On this thread people have listed players they like but the trust level for me is so low at the moment that with the exception of 1 or 2 most of them probably want to fuck off.
So as I type, there is very little I like about the club today. The love never ever dies but unless the people at the top stop bullshitting us, we could be visiting Relate in the very near future.
:cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue-Why? wrote:I view my relationship with AFC as a marriage, one which has just celebrated its Ruby anniversary. In a marriage there are good and bad times eg 2004 v 1985/86 losing to York City etc etc.
The love will never die but there are times in a marriage when you can't stand each other, it's only temporary, but the dislike is big time. I am going through one of those patches and it's all down to one person.
I really can't stand looking at or listening to Wenger. His pathetic excuses are just an embarrassment and in general the bullshit we're being asked to suffer is just not acceptable anymore. On this thread people have listed players they like but the trust level for me is so low at the moment that with the exception of 1 or 2 most of them probably want to fuck off.
So as I type, there is very little I like about the club today. The love never ever dies but unless the people at the top stop bullshitting us, we could be visiting Relate in the very near future.
:cry:
Great post. Spot on. 8)

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

SWLGooner wrote:I like:

The class mates I have met through this club
The craic in the pub home or away
Outsinging the home fans week in, week out.
Wilshere
Arteta
Szczesny
RVP
Sagna
Vermaelen
Koscielny
Thierry (goes without saying)
Everyone else hating us
The fact that we play near the Delight kebab house
Still being in the CL and having a winnable but exciting tie ahead of us
Still being in the FA Cup and having a winnable tie

The last two are less important as it is so astronomically unlikely we will go all the way...
i think this is more suitable, the players here i agree with plus the like of Chamberlain who looks to me like he should be starting every week, also i think Jenkison was starting to play with more confidence and look better untill the injury, Koscielny is prob the most improved player in the league

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

I love the pride I still have in supporting my club since 1973. Through thin and thick, and thin again.
Hate the idea that players get referred to as being c***s, just because they are not good enough to be playing in the EPL.

It's really not the end of the world.......just feels like it is, at present.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

oh, i like most things about arsenal.

i just think that players and managers come and go. and in the end, it's not like the current crop is driving us to relegation or any close to that: we're just far from competing for the real big trophies like we used to ten years ago, and that's upsetting and a big proof of incompetence from manager/players/board. i don't expect, however, arsenal to be winning stuff every season, and anyone who does is a true JCL - supporting the team because of its glories. i love The Arsenal because of what The Arsenal represents, and the fact we've been having to endure watching diaby play for so many years does not diminish my love for the club.

we're all upset, it's another season thrown down the toilet, and it indeed looks like it will remain that way until big changes happen - don't think that sacking arsène will solve everything - the board will most likely look for someone with similar strategies as they obviously like their coffee with cream and profits, thank you. if you think next manager will be a mourinho type, who spends loads of money on established players and then fucks off to leave the team in financial trouble (just look at inter milan) you're wrong, it will never happen. we believe in the 'financial model' and 'self sustainability'. sounds like hippie crap if you ask me, but there you go.

life stinks, to be honest. but love less The Arsenal just because we're in the shit? nah, fuck off. i love my team and will continue to do so 8)

augie

Post by augie »

A long way from the glorious treble aspirations of two years ago though aint it bg ? :lol: :lol: