Has Wenger lost the dressing room?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Said this last season. They are just going through the motions.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Miquel was pulled all over the place for the winner but that's not the point, United have better players than Swansea at their disposal, if they come and are up for it then we are handing them a big advantage before it starts, Miquel and Djourou will be facing Valencia and Nani probably, could be messy.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I'm not blaming Miquel. Okay he was poor but then he's young, inexperienced and ultimately not a full back!
Djourou was also poor and too is out of position but has more experience to cope but didn't...again! :roll:

But then think back to why we're here....sell Clichy and rely on Gibbs? We knew that was an accident waiting to happen. I feel for Kieran but he's a liability and needs to go. So it was only an injury to Santos and we'd be fucked....Oh hello! We're fucked. See how easy that was likely.

Same can be said for Right back. Sell experienced Eboue for the inexperienced Jenko (Remember him?!) so again injury to Sagna and Opps! We’re once again fucked. Great news is we're fucked on both sides! :roll:

I'm not blaming the quality of the first team or injuries as they happen but it's the constant fringe player / back-up crap that is our (Wengers) undoing of the Club.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

To be fair most of us wanted Eboue and Clichy gone in the Summer, had he replaced them properly then we wouldn't be having this conversation, he didn't, he relied on a permacrock on the left and a kid that was on loan in non league last year on the right, even if they never got injured we would still be in the shit as is gibbs any better than Miquel or Jenkinson Djourou?

The constant replacing players on the cheap has bitten him, he can't understand it though.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I am not saying Wenger has lost the dressing room but I cannot see how anyone can believe in him in the same way the Invincibles side did.

At times he look a broken ma, devoid of any fresh ideas and out of touch with modern football.

It says something that we have brought back a 34 year old legend and trumpet one of the main reasons as his ability to inspire.

If I went to my boss and said I needed someone to come in and help me from the past as I could not get the desired effect from my team I would be on the wrong end of some very tricky questions!

8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I don't think he has lost this dressing room because, as per my signature, he has created millionaires, playing regularly in supposedly one of the country's biggest clubs where they would not get a look in anywhere else

The players he loses are the few remaining players that are not in that category - Fabregas, Nasri, soon to be RvP, at a point in time Wilshere, Szezcny etc

But players such as Santos, Djourou, Song, Chamakh, Ramsey etc are making fortunes that they would not be getting elsewhere, so he would never lose those players. Even Almunia won't rock the boat and why should he? 60k a week or so for being your team's 3rd choice keeper - get the odd loan move here and there and keep picking up the salary. Nice work if you can get it eh?

Any player whose next step is upwards he 'loses' but for the rest of them the man is a hero. He has made Lukasz Fabianski a millionaire for the next 5 years, despite the guy fucking up on countless occasions - wouldn't you love him too if you were an utterly useless fuckwit that had just been made rich beyond your wildest dreams

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Quite likely he has lost the dressing room when he couldn't find his own pockets at Fulham!

:lol:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Hmmm, why would he have lost the dressing room? They get well paid for playing shit and playing in a lazy way, they have little or no competition for their places and best of all, when they continually fuck up in the usual way their manager lays the blame at everyone or everything apart from them... they must fucking love the senile old *word censored*.

potter

Post by potter »

Don't know about the dressing room but he's lost the fans, or at least the thinking ones.

Post by 1989 »

He lost them about a year ago. RvP for example ain't stupid, he can see Wenger for what he really is: a senile tactically challenged buffoon who has long lost his marbles. He's lost the good/useful players as proved by the departure of Cesc and Nasri. The rest are either his disciples who are here to pick up hefty wages and contribute fuck all or talented young lads who are trying to prove themselves (Ox, Coq).

Seeing him last night sitting on his own in that hilarious tracksuit/trainers combo, how can the players take him seriously anymore?

Geebot

Post by Geebot »

It is a myth that teams need to kick us off the park to beat us nowadays.

Swansea passed the ball around us for fun. We couldn't get the ball for half hour after we'd scored.

The injuries are really starting to bite now. It is very unfortunate to have 4 full backs and Vermaelen out injured. You can't say we haven't got the squad to cover. We've got 2 players for each position!

However this run with 4 centre halves has drastically reduced our width going forward. Add to that we missed Arteta and his work rate yesterday, severely. Only Ramsey was giving everything. Song, Benayoun and Rosicky just didn't care or offered nothing.

The problem is Wenger is hoping that Wilshere, Sagna and Vermaelen will elevate us up the league. However I think by the time all of those 3 play together this season the damage would have been done and we'll be 15 points behind spurs and 10 behind Chelsea.

I thought the debacle in the summer 2011 would lead to a chain of events that would see Wenger go in the summer 2012 and at the moment I do not see that view changing.

I feel he has really lost his way and his desire for titles and trophies has been overtaken by his desire to buy alot of youth and develop it into a forceful unit.

His no spending policy has now become a personal crusade and has taken us backwards.

Oh for the days of the 1996-2006 Arsene Wenger

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Nah. This lot fucking love him. How can they not like playing for someone who demands no effort whatsoever RVP and Wilshere aside. Arsenal is one big cosy creche.

Wengerball

Post by Wengerball »

rigsby wrote:No he hasn't, not at all.
Djourou and Miquel play again then we will give them a goal head start straight away
Actually thought them two did well yesterday.
I agree, he hasnt lost the dressing room at all. That would insinuate that the players have turned against him for paying them £60k+ for crap performances.

Wenger will always have the dressing room

Rad

Post by Rad »

Of course, he's lost the dressing room. Bringing back Henry and playing him in front of other players who are younger and want to prove themselves (and showing to the young players and the fans that we've gone nowhere since Henry left), having no one coming through the ranks to challenge the incumbent players, sending Frimpong on loan when you've got the likes of Rosicky and Benayoun playing and leaving the Ox on the bench when he and the whole viewing public, can see that he is better than what's out there. I could go on but if I was a player who was ambitious at the club I would be wondering what the hell is going on.

The cupboard is bare and if he doesn't sign anyone he will continue with the players he has on long term contracts until they go and then he will come out with more excuses about the Sky schedule, money and it not being a level playing field. Funny how he didn't complain when we were winning!

If I was a cynic, I might even believe he's running the club into the ground and along comes a saviour in the form of a new owner!

Rad

Post by Rad »

Of course, he's lost the dressing room. Bringing back Henry and playing him in front of other players who are younger and want to prove themselves (and showing to the young players and the fans that we've gone nowhere since Henry left), having no one coming through the ranks to challenge the incumbent players, sending Frimpong on loan when you've got the likes of Rosicky and Benayoun playing and leaving the Ox on the bench when he and the whole viewing public, can see that he is better than what's out there. I could go on but if I was a player who was ambitious at the club I would be wondering what the hell is going on.

The cupboard is bare and if he doesn't sign anyone he will continue with the players he has on long term contracts until they go and then he will come out with more excuses about the Sky schedule, money and it not being a level playing field. Funny how he didn't complain when we were winning!

If I was a cynic, I might even believe he's running the club into the ground and along comes a saviour in the form of a new owner!