If Spurs win the league . . .

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Firstly, every Gooner should be rooting for a Man City victory at the weekend, as it will put 8 points between them and the Spuds and frankly kills off their little pipe dream for at least another year

However, when they finish above us, Arsene will already have his long list of excuses lined-up and endorsed by the board

- Summer disrupted by player sales. We tried everything to keep them but what can you do when a player decides they will not sign

- We had to come from 'deep' (something he's already said) and the new players took time to gel, but "overall I believe they showed great mental strength to come from 17th place to finish 6th".

- When you look at the facts Spurs had less injuries ("we lost six full backs and nobody could cope with that, plus Wilshere etc".....can almost hear him saying the words now), could play a reserve team in the Europa League, went out of the League Cup at the start, had easier FA Cup games to rest players. Our gormless buffoon will make it sound like he has scientific evidence that they had it easy but that now they have qualified for the CL it will not be so easy. Furthermore it will be spun that it just goes to show our remarkable consistency for 15 years that Spurs finishing above us is viewed as a great achievement

- Can not compete with the other 3 clubs in the CL places, but "overall look at Liverpool who spent many millions but still only finished 'x' points ahead of us in fifth"

The board can sell the one remaining world class player we have in RvP to plug the loss of CL income for one year and charge every one another 4-5% uplift on ticket prices (as RPI is still 4.8%, it will be Gazidis-proof i.e. another weasly-worded corporate one-liner blaming macro economic factors).

And the sad thing is the board will carry on buying into the Arsene story (they have no alternative as they won't pay £12m for a player this window let alone for a paid off manager), bluffing the fans, whilst Spurs superior finish from this season can be explained by the "special circumstances" above

You all know that this is what will happen !! :D

Red Member

Re: If Spurs win the league . . .

Post by Red Member »

cameron326 wrote:Still very unlikely to happen, but would it be such a bad thing? .
I didn't need to read any further

1) Spurs WILL not win the league
2) Yes it fucking well would be a bad thing - they are our closest rivals you stupid fucking *word censored*. No genuine fan would EVER want Spurs to win the league. Under NO circumstances!!!!!

Ok I have sometimes come up with some crap on here but nothing on that level
Now FUCK OFF!!!

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

I would leave the country.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

I have never wanted those *word censored* to win as much as a throw in, if they win the league I think I would give up on football.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

cameron326 wrote:[ Some things are a bit more important and significant than a few years bragging rights over your rival. Perhaps you dont have the intelligence to appreciate that.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I can't believe I am reading this on here

Cameron - do you actually support Arsenal and if you do please could you let me know how you react to the chant "stand up if you hate Tottenham"?

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

cameron326 wrote:[ Some things are a bit more important and significant than a few years bragging rights over your rival. Perhaps you dont have the intelligence to appreciate that.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I can't believe I am reading this on here

Cameron - do you actually support Arsenal and if you do please could you let me know how you react to the chant "stand up if you hate Tottenham"?

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Cameron - have you ever been to a North London Derby at Highbury, the Grove or the Shithole?

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

OP, would this be a likeable scenario in your eyes? The scum win the league and we finish 4'th? Do you think that this would make the board and manager wake up and do something about next season or would we continue to plod along with second rate footballers who will never win the league but scrape into the CL places?

Or how about this one. The scum win the league and we finish 5'th. Do you really believe they have any idea what this would mean to us supporters? I don't :(

augie

Post by augie »

Would rather cut my testicles off with a rusty blade than see them *word censored* ever win the league :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

:coffeespit: at the title of this thread!

thanks I needed a laugh.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jaysus... :?

Batflyer

Re: If Spurs win the league . . .

Post by Batflyer »

cameron326 wrote:Still very unlikely to happen, but would it be such a bad thing?
And that's when I stopped reading that post. OFCOURSE it would be a bad thing. :banghead:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

If they did win it, then I haven't got a problem with the Scummie twats trying to brag because we have enough to throw back at them. The problem is that I genuinely didn't think I'd witness it in my lifetime and that changing would be impossible to accept :banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

They won't win it, cos Fergie is too experienced and clever for twitcy and Citeh are simply too good.
Also barring a huge investor in the summer, this will probably be as close as they will get for a long time. They will then play an Arsenal type roll along with the mousers vying for 4th spot.
Both utd and citeh will go all out head to head next season both on and off the pitch, I would also expect the chavs to finally offload the deadwood and bad apples like terry, drog and lampard that are holding back their development.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

It's reflects the sad state the club is in that we're even having this debate. I couldn't give a toss who wins it. It's like having to choose which bloke, all better looking than you and all complete *word censored*, gets to shag your missus. However it simply CANNOT EVER be the scum.